We only have one rule

Yes, Mistress

 Jessica had been a loner for as long as she could remember. Whether it was the cold atmosphere that seemed to follow her wherever she went or just an inability to connect with her peers, Jessica didn't know. All she knew was that she didn't like people and that people didn't like her. As far as she was concerned, it didn't particularly matter. All she needed to do was to get through school and she could figure things out from there.

Since she had started school, no one would directly bother her. There were rumors that would circulate every once in a while, but they never really harmed her. In fact, she found most of them to be amusing in one way or another. In elementary school, there was a rumor that she ate bugs and she didn't speak for fear they would climb back up . In middle school, the rumor was that she was having an affair with the principal and didn't speak because the principal would expel her. Jessica was afraid of bugs and the principal was actually her father.

However, things wouldn't prove to be so easy once she entered high-school. Jessica was already dreading the day she'd have to move on from the safety net of her father's school and into the competitive school system. The first couple of years already had been troublesome for the girl. She hadn't thought about it before, but high-school was the point where boys stopped teasing girls and everyone began dating. She wasn't exactly looking forward to it.

It wasn't long before the boys who had just a year ago were calling her out into the empty courtyard and asking her out on a date. Naturally, she refused, but it seemed to only add fuel to the fire. Being out of reach made her seem all the more desirable for the poor boys who dared consider giving her their affections. Jessica was beautiful and she would not settle for just any handsome guy. The challenge she posed them was her main appeal.

Jessica wasn't flattered though and she didn't appreciate the attention or them wasting her time with their foolishness. All she wanted to do was get to class on time, eat her lunch, get back to class and go home for the day. She had no interest in dating and she never thought much of it.

Tiffany Hwang, however, was different. She had been the center of attention since she was a baby. The youngest child of three with a dazzling smile and a girlish obsession with the color pink, Tiffany was treated like a princess since her birth. In school, all the boys had crushes on her and all the girls wanted to be her best friend. She was born to be loved by everyone and that's why Jessica Jung pissed her off so much.

~ * ~

Jessica had the same bored expression she always had on her face, arms crossed as the boy in front of her stuttered his confession. She honestly hadn't been listening at all, but she got the gist of it. She was pretty, cool and looks didn't mean everything to her and he “loved” her. And something about a rose in winter or whatever.

Assuming that him staring at her was a good sign that he was quite finished, she sighed, “Look, Minsock--”

“Minseok,” He corrected.

“Yeah, cool. But you see, I'm really just not interested in being in a relationship with you. Or anyone, for that matter. I'm not playing hard to get. It's not you, it's me. Go on and meet someone who's better for you. I'm sorry it has to be this way, but it does.” Jessica finished her usual script in a near monotone. The boy's eyes were now red, tears flowing freely down his cheeks as he snorted deeply to keep his mucus from dripping down to his lips. Jessica rolled her eyes and turned to walk back to class, unfazed. It wasn't the first time something like this happened and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Or so she thought.

Upon reaching the classroom, she found that the girls were all whispering amongst each other about what had just happened. Despite the boy's intentions of confessing in a private area, just the two of them, they had been in plain view from the classroom windows the whole time and it seemed that rumors were already starting. As Jessica plopped back down into her desk, she was able to make out of the conversations. Apparently, one of the girls in the class had a crush on the boy she just denied. And apparently he was very popular among the underclassman and he himself was only a freshman.

She didn't really care either way who he was or what he was to anyone else so long as she got the message across that she wasn't interested and he left her alone. Just the same as all the other boys. You'd think that after a while, they'd all understand and stop bothering her about it.

The conversations were cut short as the teacher stepped into the room, slapping her attendance sheet onto the desk. The students all silenced themselves and swiftly found their way to their respective seats as she cleared . “Good morning,” she began. “Good morning,” the class echoed in unison. “Today, we have a new student. I expect you'll all be on your best behavior while she settles in.”

As if on cue, the door slid open and in walked a dark-haired beauty with a gorgeous smile gracing her face. She was about Jessica's height, maybe a bit taller, but definitely had a different air to her. She gave off a feel of elegance and maybe sunflower fields and a happy marriage. Her beauty was so apparent that even Jessica had picked up on it the moment she stepped through the door. She folded her hands in front of her as she stood next to the teacher.

“Hello, everyone. I'm Tiffany Hwang. I'm from California and only moved here recently. It's a bit late in the year and my Korean isn't great, but I hope you'll all take good care of me from now on.” She gave a full bow and gave a heart-melting smile to the class that was so effective you could hear a couple of students squeal. Even Jessica had found herself to be quite impressed.

Jessica considered for a moment how much interesting the school year could be with this girl now in the class. Maybe she could finally have some peace and quiet and the boys would move on to Tiffany. Maybe she could be the one observing the confessions from the window for once. A smirk found its way onto her face.

“You can pull up a desk by Jessica, if you'd like. I'll give you a list of materials you'll need after class, so just take some notes for now.” The teacher gestured towards Jessica who raised her hand halfway as a sort of confirmation in case Tiffany was confused. The new girl beamed a big smile Jessica's way, nearly making her flinch from the intensity, as she strolled to the back of the classroom by her desk.

Right away, a few boys from the class shot up from their seats and dragged the desk into place for Tiffany who gave a quiet thank you and sat down. She gave Jessica a quick once over and stuck out her hand, “It's nice to meet you, Jessica. Glad to know I'm not the only foreigner here.” Jessica stared at the hand for a moment, her chin resting on the palm of her right hand.

Reluctantly, Jessica moved from her comfortable position and shook her hand, “I'm not a foreigner, actually. I've lived here since I was seven and I'm full-blooded Korean.” She explained bluntly before facing forward and returning her chin to her palm. The new girl may be nice, but that wouldn't change Jessica's plan. In and out. That was it. No complications, no wasting time, no friends.

~ * ~

Tiffany had to try her best to keep her face from contorting with rage. No one treated her like that. Not even some hyped up blonde that the boys in the school seemed to worship. She had planned on taking the girl under her wing as a sort of pretty-cute-but-not-cuter-than-me friend. No matter, if Jessica would be so rude to her, she wouldn't even feel slightly bad about ripping her popularity right from under her. Not that she would've anyways, but now Jessica wouldn't get the compensation of being able to the underside of Tiffany's boot.

Once class had ended, the majority of the students crowded around her asking her questions about her personal life. What was California like? Did she have a boyfriend back there? Why did she move back to Korea? Did she need any help with her Korean? Tiffany gave them the answers and attention they requested of her as she watched Jessica slink out the door.

“Actually, can you guys tell me anything about Jessica? She doesn't seem to be very talkative...” Tiffany laced as much disappointment as she could into her tone and more than one student muttered the word “cute”. The girls seemed to be a bit nervous to be speaking about Jessica, though, and the boys seemed to be conflicted.

A tan girl that Tiffany considered to be quite handsome was the first to speak, “Well... Jessica kind of keeps to herself. And she's pretty scary, to be honest.”

“That's part of her charm though!” A boy protested. Soon enough the class was going back and forth between whether they liked Jessica or whether they were really scared of her. Frankly, it was too much for Tiffany to follow, but enough for her to work with.

Tiffany abruptly stood, drawing the attention of her classmates and shutting them up simultaneously. “She seems nice enough. Maybe she just needs the right friend to talk to, don't you think?” The crowd mumbled amongst each other, clearly skeptical. “I'm going to go talk to her and see if we can make friends.” She smiled and trotted out of the classroom with her bag.

~ * ~

“Wow, nice hiding place. It took me a while to find you, you know?” Jessica groaned and looked to the source of the voice. The new girl, Tiffany, of course. She didn't know why she couldn't just be left alone once in a while. She had hoped that Tiffany would take some of the heat off of her, but apparently all she would do is bother Jessica just like the others. Maybe even more than the others.

“Not such a nice hiding place if you found me.” Jessica said simply as she stood and brushed off her skirt. “Now, if you don't mind.” She tried to step past the other girl who was standing directly in front of the door to the stairwell, but Tiffany wouldn't move. Instead, she found herself flat on her , looking up at a very pissed off Tiffany.

“Listen here, ,” Tiffany began in a harsh tone, “I don't play well with people who don't play well with me. And you certainly aren't playing very nice, now are you?” She bent over and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, grinning at Jessica's astonished expression and spat in her face. Jessica immediately wiped the saliva from her face as she sprang to her feet and brought her palm swiftly across Tiffany's face.

Tiffany stepped aside, grin still ever-present on her face. Won't she be in for a surprise?, Tiffany thought to herself.

~ * ~

When Jessica got back to the classroom, she found her desk was covered in graffiti in permanent marker. , , douche, dyke, was what Jessica could make out of it. She shot a few glares around the room and every pair of eyes she met with darted down. Her books had pages torn, her notebooks were soaked in some kind of fluid she didn't care to identify and she had a good feeling she knew what had happened.

Tiffany sat in the opposite corner of the room, surrounded by classmates who all patted her on the back and whispered encouraging words as she sobbed openly. When she caught a glimpse of Jessica in her peripheral vision, however, Jessica could've sworn there was a smirk on her face.

After class, the room emptied rather quickly, everyone saying their goodbyes to Tiffany who continued to play the part of the victim up until the final person left. Then Jessica and Tiffany were alone.

“Do you want to know what I told them?” Tiffany asked as she sat herself on the top of her desk. “You must be curious what they think you've done for them to have changed their opinion of you so drastically.”

“Not particularly,” Jessica replied, uninterested as she began packing her bag with what little of her supplies were salvageable. “I'm more interested in who molested you growing up to turn you into such a crazy . I'm sure it's a really interesting story.” A sudden sting on her left cheek. It took a moment for it to register to Jessica that Tiffany had smacked her.

“Listen, I'm the one in control here so you better stop talking back to me.”

“I honestly couldn't give a single less what you or your little followers want to do to me.”

“Mmn, see, that's the thing,” Tiffany touched her index finger to her lips, looking up as if in deep thought. “See, I did some talking around and found out that you have a little sister. And I couldn't help but think that was the most convenient thing.” Jessica stopped dead in her tracks, lips now pursed as her demeanor made a very obvious change.

“You would sink that low?”

“Do you want to take that chance?”

“What do you want me to do?”
Tiffany chuckled and gently cupped Jessica's face, though the girl nearly recoiled by reflex. “Simple. I want you to be my slave from now until... say... whenever I get bored with you.” Jessica stayed where she was, searching Tiffany's eyes for a sign of mercy but couldn't find one. “What that job entails is doing my homework, walking me home from school, pretending you're completely enamored with me as well as whatever I damn well feel like. And of course, you'll have to put up with that fact I'm having a bit of a sadistic streak at the moment.”

Jessica clenched her fists, conflicted as to how she proceed. “If I do this, you'll leave Krystal out of it?” Tiffany gave a stiff nod. Jessica wasn't used to conceding to someone like this, but from where she was standing, she saw no other options at the moment. “Fine.”

“That's my good little slave.” Tiffany patted the girl's head and turned, skipping to the door of the classroom, “Now walk me home.”

“Yes, mistress,” Jessica mocked in a sarcastic tone.

“Oh, I like the sound of that! From now on, in private, I want you to call me mistress.”

“... Yes, mistress.”

A/N- Don't with Tiffany. Except not really. I'm running out of good game quotes to use as chapter titles. I'm bad at naming things. ._. The title was a Mass Effect reference. I'm not creative. I like D/S more than I really should. But this seemed like a fun idea so I just kinda wrote it lol. Be sure to leave a comment letting me know how wrong it is for me to pair a bully and their victim together~ 

Also sorry if Xiumin is your bias. Jessica called him Minsock. Not me.