If YouKnew What You do- Part 2/2

If You Knew What You do
Kibum walked into Professor Jonghyun's classroom on Monday morning. He kept his eyes on his feet as he made his way to his desk. He felt exhausted, used, and angry at the same time. Once he was seated he looked up towards the front of the class where Jonghyun was. However, Jonghyun didn't seem to notice Kibum. The younger crossed his arms and slid down in his desk. He glared at Jonghyun who continued to ignore him. 

When class was over Kibum walked up to Jonghyun's desk and held his assignment out in front of him. "Here." Jonghyun looked up and nodded. He took the paper and added it to the stack. "Thank you, Kibum." There was silence, not awkward, just silence. "You're welcome." Jonghyun sounded a response and went back to marking papers.

Jonghyun finished his last paper and capped his red pen. He smiled to himself. Finally he was free to do whatever. He checked his watch and saw that it was six o'clock. The day was almost over; there was nothing to do on a school night. 

Jonghyun sighed and began putting his students' homework into his bag. He heard a small sound from the door and he shut his eyes. There was a high possibility that it was Kibum. Jonghyun turned and looked, sure enough it was Kibum's sad eyes meeting his from the doorway. 

"Grading again?" Jonghyun shook his head and continued putting away papers. "Actually, I just finished." Kibum walked in and sat on the edge of Jonghyun's desk. He kept his eyes low. "Jonghyun...." "Don't." Kibum looked up suddenly, hurt evident in his eyes. "I didn't mean to blow up at you like that, I was just surprised." Jonghyun closed his bag and shrugged. "Well, what can you do? What's done is done." Kibum frowned. "Why are you being like this? I just don't understand." Jonghyun remained silent. Kibum stood and faced him. "I'm not gonna drop your class, if that makes you feel better." Jonghyun shrugged. "Maybe. Won't matter much though, the year's almost over." Kibum sighed in frustration. "If you don't wanna be like this anymore, I understand. But I just can't keep trying if it's a lost cause."

Kibum turned and headed for the door, his feelings thoroughly hurt. He didn't allow himself to cry though, he had done enough of that. Before he was out the door, Jonghyun stopped him. "I've been thinking lately...." Kibum furrowed his eyebrows, but didn't turn around. "Yeah?" He heard the hesitation in Jonghyun's voice. "Well...I, uh...I love you." 

A smile spread across Kibum's face. He felt warm inside and the feeling spread throughout his being. He wasn't sure what it meant for their relationship, but at least it was an answer. Kibum happily walked out with a spring in his step.