Maybe It's My Time Now

Say No More, Baby [Sequel of: Baby, Don't Cry]

You are lied down curled on your bed, breath repeatedly hitching as you clutch yourself in a ball of solicitude, pieces of good old polaroids flings beside you and fits of unwanted giggles seep through you, the exact scene of your once movie with Kyungsoo plays before your eyes. You smile, so full of mirage in your bounded eyes, with tears of hope, or maybe somewhere in the lane of midst fear and loss. 

 

But there are no regrets, you shake your tears away. No regrets. 

 

You clutch yourself again, almost breaking down, not so really, but you feel something inside. There's so much going on in your head, the what ifs and the uncalled for events that may fold. 

 

You fidget, carefully deceiving yourself of the truth so you carefully grasp the sheets, hoisting yourself by your bed side table, and you steady yourself. You don't need to call anyone anymore, because at by 8:30 am, Yixing will be picking you up. 

 

You are not too sure what to feel, but one thing's for sure. 

 

You will stay, and you will keep Kyungsoo. In your heart. 

 

This may be your first morning, the start of everything, the start of the firsts and no endings. A start of a wonderful beginning, maybe not with Kyungsoo, but who knows.

 

Today starts with small slips, unsteady motioned feet against cold and hardwood floor but you giggle at it. You giggle at your thoughts. You exercise your feet, so unused to the feeling of filled, of having to walk as two. And this time, it's literal. You look at your reflection, and you have never seen yourself as blooming as a flower is in the start of June, as you are now. You run your hands down your flat stomach.

 

"I'm going to miss this." 

 

You're too slow today, your feet effort more today as your make your way to the door, where Yixing has been waiting for 5 minutes or so already. You open the door, and the first thing you notice is his golden brown tinged hair. It shines, but his eyes does so the most. His dimples, engraves ever so perfectly beside his gentle smile, undying smile. 

 

He offers his arms for you to cling on, so childish, you think. "You look so beautiful today." He flashes the piercing eye smile of his, and it makes tingle in the insides. You don't blush, but so much for that, you just had to when he reveals a bouquet of your favorite apple and peach blossoms, and he greets you just then with a silly peck on the cheeks. 

 

"You don't have to, Yixing." You mumble mindlessly and he returns a tug on your hand, elbowing him lightly though as you sniff the lilting fragrance of the bouquet. "But really, thank you. How'd you know I love these flowers?"

 

"Well, I have to know right? I mean, that's the first thing on my list," he brings you to his car, opening the door as he looks with a timid grin. "List?" 

He buckles you up before starting his auto, and he nods, all too bashful - he thinks he shouldn't have even said it. "List, yes. List of must knows. And dos." He chuckles as you sink a little on your seat, hugging the bouquet close to your chest. "That's so.. cute of you, Yixing. But, really, what's the rush? You'll know it soon." 

 

"It's not that I am impatient of things, nor am I restive, I just thought I should start becoming more of a boyfriend." He his lips, all to nervous as he balls his hand on the steering wheel. From then on there, you feel happy, once again. Maybe it's a start of something new. 

 

~~

 

Yixing, the only one who stayed when everyone had left. That is Yixing to you, a best friend, a family, and the one who will hold you and your future. But you feign reality, and you think everything, every little sadness in you will condense into bliss if you were to like him.  

 

You don't know why, but as soon as you've reached your destination with him, your worries are washed away together with the waves of the sea. He's taken you to the beach. That beach only Do Kyungsoo knows you loved. "I wasn't too sure if you liked walks on the beaches, but-" and you cut him off, tugging his hand as you run down the shore. 

 

You embrace it willingly even though the memories of you and him chases you.

 

"I love it, Yixing!" You try your best to smile. But you really love it, the comfort it gives, although there's too much to take there. You feel the balmy breath of the welcoming shore, feet against soft grainy sand, and soon it is soaked beneath the shoreline's chilly water. His shoulder brushes yours for the third time, and he takes the initiative of embracing your hands in his. Your hair is unruly but you could care less, he says you're pretty in your own way. 

 

"I like it here, Yixing," as he takes you to sit down beside a standing little sand castle, as he too, sits beside you. Unknowingly, you are too immersed in your thoughts before you even realize he's singing to you. "Don't hesitate anymore, just take my heart please." It is a round voice, so much vibrance to it, and it falls somewhere in undulation of baritone, but you don't really care. You clutch yourself again, hugging your knees close to you. "If it's not me, if it's a line in a drama," he continues, and you bit your lip because something screams inside of you. It starts to irk you, it starts to pain you, the memories, everything. It drowns you. "Burn out the scars he made," and there's a small probability of coincidences, but it's the same song. 

 

It's sunset and time flies by so painfully slow, the sunset already gracing its way on the horizon, clouds shielding it. And you hug yourself as Yixing whispers, his tone sustains at the end, "baby, don't cry." 

 

But a tear rolls down, and you feel so nostalgic. "It's Kyungsoo's. Baby Don't Cry," you spit out, but he just hugs you more. 

 

"Nielle... it's been months. Please, please, maybe it's time for it to be my song now." 

 

But you still tear down. 

 

"I'll love you no matter what, with scars, with a dark past, even now," his grip around you tightens and you know he knows all about Kyungsoo. Maybe he's right, maybe it's time now for you to give him a chance.

 

"You'll love me.. ?" You fidget, the tip of your fingers finding assurance from his hands. There is hesitance, something that holds your tongue glued on the roof of your mouth. 

 

"Promise," and he embraces the uncertainties trapped inside of you. Everything. 

 

"I'm pregnant, Yixing." 

 

-----

Unedited. Don't kill me omfg Nielle umma. So there's a new character in this sequel! TO UNDERSTAND, YOU MAY HAVE TO READ Baby, Don't Cry.