Frame 01

Captivating Beauty

Youngjae sat in the studio looking through the various music sheets with his lines highlighted. “Aish! I can’t sing these notes that well hyung…” Youngjae bite his thumb as he looked at the sheet of paper, looking at the music notes sitting perfectly on each measure.

“Yes you can.” Yongguk said with encouragement. “I wouldn’t have assigned you this part if I knew you couldn’t do it.”

“Daehyun hyung would sound better with these lines instead of me.” Youngjae whined as his bottom lip poked out.

“YAH! You’re singing this part!” Yongguk said pointing at the paper in Youngjae’s hands. “You will sing it and you WILL like it!” he demanded. Youngjae sighed at his leader’s orders. After Yongguk’s firm demand, he left the room to use the facilities. Youngjae grabbed his things and ran out of the room without Yongguk hearing the door close.

As Youngjae wondered along the sidewalk, he noticed flowers starting to blossom. He quickly rushed over into the park to get a better view. When he found the perfect angle to capture the full beauty of the flowers with the scenery, he pulled out his camera. He held out the camera in from him and looked through the small hole whilst he adjusted the lens then snapped a few photos. Youngjae chuckled to himself at how perfect these photos were going to come out. He kneeled down for a few more shots from a different angle. When he stood back up, he reviewed the pictures he shot. “Daehyun hyung will like these when I show them to him.” He says with excitement.

He placed the camera in front of him, looking down the lenses and moving around in a circle when he spotted an easel up against the railing breaking the sidewalk from the river. Youngjae zoomed in and focused on the canvas with light pastels plastered over it. ‘Ah… pretty…’ he thought. ‘But where is the artist?’ he wondered whilst bringing the camera down to look around. A small framed girl walked toward the easel. He quickly looked through the camera to get a better view of the girl. “She’s pretty…” he mumbled under his breath as he watched her painting. Youngjae stood there watching her paint the city landscape on her canvas for a couple of minutes. He zoomed out a little when the wind blew. ‘Perfect’ he thought, ‘I have to get this shot…’ his index finger twitched before fully pressing down. He couldn’t resist, he took two quick shots of her before the wind ceased.

“Who’s that?!” a loud voice came from behind Youngjae, making him jump from the sudden deep voice. It was none other than Himchan. “Yah, hyung asked you a question.” He yelled at Youngjae, loud enough for the girl to turn around and see them.

“Keep your voice down!” Youngjae quickly turned out. “She’s going to think I’m a ert or something.”

“You were looking at her through your camera like a true ert.” Himchan nodded firmly as Youngjae tried to look as calm as ever.

“Did she turn back around yet?” he whispered to his hyung with his hand covering his face.

“Yup.” Himchan pointed to the girl, reassuring him that turning around was okay to do. When Youngjae turned around, with his camera still held up to his chest, the girl was still looking in his direction with a puzzled express. Her eyes saw the camera and made a disgusted look.

“You told me she turned around!” Youngjae spat with anger, stomping his foot.

“I couldn’t help it… here she comes.” Himchan waved at her kindly with a smile as she stomped over to them. When she approached, she grabbed Youngjae by his shirt.

“ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES OF ME YOU LITTLE ?!”

“N-N-NO! I was taking pictures of the buildings a-a-and the river! Look at the last two pictures!!!” Youngjae held up his camera and pointed to it, hoping she would believe him. Himchan turned his back whilst he laughed at the situation. It was too funny not to laugh at. She snatched the camera out of his hands then looked through at the last two pictures he took. Her eyes rolled and pushed the camera into his chest. Youngjae quickly grabbed the camera before it dropped from her hands.

“I better not find out you’re taking pictures of me. If you are, I’ll have you arrested .” She scowled at him with anger and turned away. Himchan cleared his throat and fixed his hair.

“Excuse me miss? What’s your name?” Himchan with a huge smile written on his face coolly fixed his attire as he noticed she stopped walking.

“ off.” She rolled her eyes at him, turning his smile into a massive frown. Youngjae snickered slightly from his hyung’s humiliation. Himchan immediately pushed him when he heard small laughs.

“Yah! Shut up! If you weren’t being a ert, I could have gotten her number.” He pointed at him with an angry look on his face.

“Why are you like that to every girl? It’s tacky to be with multiple women; just pick one.” Youngjae blinked a couple times with a straight face and Himchan eagerly pulls his arm toward the recording building whilst yelling at him the whole way there.

***

Seo Eun sat on set, looking through the various pictures that were being taken of her close friend. “That’s a wrap for Yu Ha Min!” the photographer says as everyone starts clapping, bowing, and thanking everyone for their hardwork. Seo Eun walks onto the set with a Polaroid camera and waves happily at Ha Min.

“Hamin, take a selca with me.” She points at the camera and he motions to her to come closer with a smile. “Come, come.” Ha Min said playfully as he held out his arm to wrap it around her when she approached. The two posed cutely, cheek to cheek and snapped the picture. Seo Eun took two small steps to the side and took the photo out of the slit.

“You have to change now Yu Ha Min.” said his makeup noona interrupting their selca taking time.

“I’ll be back in a bit. Stay here.” Ha Min firmly ordered as he walked away. A quick nod of confirmation came from Seo Eun whilst she waited both for Ha Min and the photo to come out. She tapped the picture against her left palm with her lips twisted while walking back and forth in a small circle. After a couple of seconds went by, she looked down at the picture and smiled.

“It came out really pretty! Hamin’s eyes are always really amazing.” Seo Eun mumbled to herself as she looked at it.

“Yah, Seo, how did the picture turn out?” Ha Min yelled from across the large white room.

“It’s really pretty. You look handsome; look!” she holds out the picture while running toward him. Ha Min steadies her arm and looks at the picture over his sunglasses.

“We both look pretty.” He wraps his arm around her shoulders and pushes her to walk with him toward the exit.

“Hamin-“

“We’re going someplace nice to eat.” Ha Min quickly finished her question. She pouted slightly when he did. It was his habit; he always knew what she was going to say before she said it.

After taking a short drive to a nearby restaurant, the two walk inside and take their seats. Ha Min swiftly sits next to Seo Eun to take a quick selca with his phone before switching over to the other side. “So!” Seo Eun said cheerfully whilst adjusting the curls at the ends of her hair. “Soooo…” Ha Min said with a smile as he remained looking down at his phone. The two remained silent; as always. This wasn’t anything out of the normal; the two were always off again, on again, off again, on again, and now… off again.

“Where’d you go earlier? You didn’t pick up your phone when I called.” Ha Min’s sharp eyes pierced through Seo Eun’s soul. His eyes reminded her of a snake’s eyes, sneaky, cold, scary, but also y.

“Painting; see?” she wiggled her fingers in front of his face, making him grab her hands and hold them.

“I needed my bunny and she was nowhere to be found. I hate being without my… bunny.” Ha Min raised his eyebrows as he lightly kissed the back of Seo Eun’s hand. She slowly pulled it away with a sigh.

“Don’t call me that. We broke up again, remember?” she scoffed whilst he puckered out his bottom lip. “Anyway…” she pushed his bottom lip back to force his face into his usual wicked scowl. “Some was taking pictures of me today.” The waiter walked up to the table and placed the drinks down in front of them. Ha Min grabbed the straw with his small eyes as wide as he could get them and said, “ert?” he sipped his soda with a hard gulp at the thought of someone spying on his ‘girlfriend’.

“Yeah but apparently he wasn’t taking pictures of me. He was taking pictures of the landscape.” Seo Eun rested her head on the palm of her hand whilst stirring up her limeade.

“Did you get his name or have an idea of who he is?” he stared at her until she answered. Seo Eun noticed and made a disgusted look.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Because some guy is taking pictures of my girlfriend without your consent.”

“First off, I am NOT your girlfriend. Second off, he seemed harmless. He didn’t even know who I was.” She smirked with a shrug as she took a sip of her limeade. Ha Min rubbed his temple with slight annoyance at her clueless statement.

“They all seem harmless until you’re plastered all over a website.”

“What?” Seo Eun’s face turned with disgust at his words. “Who even does that? I wasn’t . All I was doing was painting, Hamin.” She said whilst shaking her head. Ha Min’s eye twitched at her empty statement; still not realizing that this guy could truly be a ert. Moving passed the entire ert thing; they continued to talk amongst themselves.

^^^

It was already close to midnight but the members of B.A.P were still awake, working hard as ever. Youngjae looked through his camera as the producers and Yongguk were working with Daehyun’s lines. He clicked over to the picture of Seo Eun and stared at her face. As he was zooming in to get a better look, Jongup sits next to him. “Hyung-“ Youngjae quickly flipped the camera over to avoid any questions from Jongup. “Hyung… why are you hiding that camera?” he said loudly into his ear over the music.

“It’s something I’m working on in private.” Youngjae yelled back to him before the room went silence again.

“Is it for Daehyun hyung?” Jongup looked up at his hyung in his slump relaxed position.

“No; it doesn’t have anything to do with him.”

“YOUNGJAE!!!!!!!!!” Himchan slams the door open with a magazine in his hand. Everyone turns around to face him with a shocked look upon their face.

“We’re in the middle of recording and you run in here screaming and yelling. What is the-“

“I’m sorry Yongguk, really. I am, I’m sorry; this is important. Youngjae, Youngjae look at this.” Himchan rushed over to him, waving the magazine in his face. Youngjae smacks it a couple of times to make him stop.

“Hyung-…Hyung, stop moving!” he grabbed him by the arms to make him stand still. Himchan snatched the magazine away from Youngjae to flick through the pages then held it open and poked to the picture.

“Does she look familiar?” Himchan wiggled his eyebrows as he bit his bottom lip. Youngjae looked at the picture closely at the female that was in the pictures. He looked up at Himchan then shook his head. “I don’t know who this is…” he said softly whilst looking at him with a clueless look.

“Wae?! Where’s your camera?!” Himchan’s eyes scanned the couch that Youngjae and Jongup shared, searching for the camera. He spotted the lenses and dove into the couch to get it. “YAH! HYUNG!” Youngjae and Jongup both screeched at the sudden body sitting on both of their laps. Himchan holds out the camera and looks for the pictures Youngjae snapped. He zoomed in on her face and pointed to the magazine.

“This girl here…” he points to the camera. “…is the same girl HERE. I knew she looked familiar when I saw her…” Jongup looked at the camera and at the pictures in the magazine. Youngjae compared the faces and his eyes widened.

“Byeon Seo Eun is a model for Maxim Korea…?” Youngjae muttered lowly as a small hue of pink splashed onto his face.

“Why do you have stuff like this hyung?” Jongup asked innocently as he continued staring at Seo Eun’s s. Himchan closed it and started hitting him continuously. ‘I have pictures of a model in my camera…’ Youngjae thought as he slipped it out of Himchan’s hands before it fell to the wooden floor. He scratched his head as he continued to think of how different she looked. He didn't know which one he liked more; the Maxim Seo Eun or the painter Seo Eun.