The Cheshire Cat

Alice in Boyfriend Land

"Minwoo?" I asked as we held hands and walked down the path through the mysterious Wonderland.

"Yes, Princess?" he replied. I'd known Minwoo for less than an hour and I was already beginning to feel so safe and loved around him. Never before in my life had anyone given me so much attention or treated me with such care. Everyone had always tried to force me to grow up and stop being so imaginative, but Minwoo was more childish than I was!

Though I grew up without many friends besides Krystal and Victoria, it seemed like Minwoo was quickly becoming the best friend I’d ever had. We’ve hardly known each other that long but for some reason I felt as if I’d known him my whole life... almost like I had met him in my dreams before.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked.

We had been traveling on this road or a while and we seemed to be going nowhere. It took me a while to take in all the sights and sounds of Wonderland, but I had no clue what I was doing here to begin with or where Minwoo was going to take me.

"We're going to see the others silly!" he said, stopping in the middle of the road. He scratched his head and looked around.

"The others?" I blinked.

'How many other cute boys dressed as rabbits could there be in this place, anyways?'

"Hyunseong, Jeongmin, and Donghyun!” he chirped happily. "They've been waiting for you too, you know."

"And are they all dressed like rabbits like you?" My head began to throb again. I had never met any of these boys in my entire life and somehow they all knew me?

"Of course not!" he gasped, looking appalled. "I'm the only rabbit in Wonderland."

Minwoo took my hand again as we started walking back in the direction we came.

I looked down at me and Minwoo’s interlaced fingers and wondered how it felt so real while everything around me felt so... not.

'This all must be a dream.' I thought.

I looked around and realized we had just been here. Somehow, we had gotten turned around on the path and were walking back in the same direction we came, heading back toward the mouse door and the rabbit hole.

"Didn't we just come from back there?" I asked. Minwoo stopped and looked around again.

"Did we?" He squinted his eyes, trying to see far ahead.

"Minwoo... do you know where we're going?"

"I'm... not the best with direction." Minwoo bit his lip and smiled apologetically at me.

I rolled my eyes at him, but smiled anyways. It was hard for me not to trust Minwoo when he looked at me with such a cute face.

His eyes were so sparkly and warm, they always made him seem like he was smiling, even when he wasn’t. His complexion was perfect with ivory skin like a doll that any girl would be jealous of.

My gazed trailed down to his lips which he was biting while he seemed to be thinking about which way to go. I shook my head before I could let any thoughts about them enter my mind.

‘You’re not here for a relationship, Alice.’

Minwoo opened his mouth to speak when unexpectedly, dark clouds started to fill the sky and a light fog began to build up around us. It made it even harder to see where we were going, or which way we had come. I walked forward a little bit trying to see which way was which, but the farther I walked into the fog, the thicker it got, until I could barely see my hand when I waved it in front of my face.

Then I realized Minwoo's hand wasn't in mine anymore. I whirled around to see if he was behind me, but he was nowhere to be found. The fog was just too thick.

"Minwoo!" I called, searching rapidly though the fog for the strange rabbit, but there was no reply. I tried again and again but I got no answer back. "Minwoo! Minwoo!"

I tried running forward, but I didn't know what direction I was going. I ran rapidly, screaming Minwoo's name, but it wasn't any use. I was scared and lost in an unfamiliar place, alone once again.

'This isn't a dream.' I thought, 'this is a terrible, terrible nightmare.'

I stopped running, panting hard. A big boom of thunder rang through Wonderland, followed by the crack and flash of lightning. I screamed.

‘How can there be a storm in Wonderland?’I cried in my head. ‘This is hardly wonderful.’

"Stop playing around Minwoo! I'm serious!" I started to cry. Warm tears streamed down my face and mixed with the light rain drops that fell from the sky as I stood alone in the fog. "I hate storms..."

I walked further and further into the fog, trying to escape from it when a dark shadow appeared in front of me. The figure resembled a boy around the same height as Minwoo and I could see ears on top of his head. My heart skipped a beat and I ran toward the shadow.

"Minwoo!" I cried, racing toward him and wrapping my arms around him when I reached him. "Don't ever leave me again. I was so scared!"

"Hushh... it's alright." he whispered and he patted my head, but his voice seemed deeper, much too deep to be Minwoo. I pulled away from him to look up at his face and pushed him away when I saw that it wasn't Minwoo.

"Wh-who are you?" I gasped. Now that I looked at him, the stranger was definitely taller than Minwoo. He was about an inch or two taller and on his head were small cat ears compared to Minwoo's large rabbit ears. The stranger was dressed in all purple and had a purple tail attached to the back of his pants.

"How fine you look when dressed in rags, Miss Alice." he said as he began to disappear in front of me. In a second, he was gone into the mist. My heart began to race as I looked around for him, but he was gone. Suddenly he reappeared behind me. "I am Hyunseong."

I quickly spun around to face him.

"How did you...-"

"How did I what?" he asked, his head cocked to the side questioningly.

"Disappear and reappear like that?" I couldn't believe what was going on. All these surprises of Wonderland could defiantly take some getting used to.

"Like this?" he said, slowly starting to disappear. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I quickly turned around to see that somehow he had reappeared behind me. Quickly and swiftly, before I could even react, Hyunseong leaned forward kissing me on the cheek. His lips lingered for a second before he pulled back, smiling. "It's really nice to see you Alice."

"Don't tell me..." my heart skipped a beat from Hyunseong's kiss. Although I had been feeling the same thing with Minwoo only minutes ago, Hyunseong made the butterflies in my stomach fly. "...you're in love with me too?"

Hyunseong closed his eyes for a second, thinking it over. He opened them again slowly nodding his head.

"I think so... if I didn't, what could explain why my heart does this?" he took my hand and placed it on his chest. I blushed brightly as I could feel the muscle under his shirt. While Minwoo was handsome, he was more of a smaller and skinnier guy and I was sure there was no way he could be as muscular as Hyunseong.

‘What is it with Wonderland guys and their personal space problems?’ I thought, biting my lip nervously. I could feel Hyunseong’s heart beat quickly through his clothes. For some reason it made me smile and I blushed even redder, taking my hand away and staring at my feet.

"Why are you wandering alone through Wonderland?" he asked, looking around to see if anyone else was nearby.

"Oh I wasn't alone." I explained, keeping my gaze off his to hide my embarrassment, and especially my blush, from the moment we had just shared. "Minwoo was with me but we got separated from this fog. Oh, I hope he's okay... he’s not good with directions."

"Well from the looks of it, you weren't okay either." Hyunseong said stepping closer and lifting up my chin so I was looking directly into his eyes. "You're lucky I found you."

"Yeah." I said. I gazed up at him through my eyelashes. His face slowly started to get closer to mine until I could feel his soft breath on my lips. I closed my eyes, expecting him to kiss me when cold gust of wind blew by making me shiver. Hyunseong wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him.

"We better get you somewhere warm. You're gonna catch a cold from all this rain." He mumbled, looking around for a shelter.

"Yeah..." I sighed, a little disappointed but embarrassed and angry at myself for almost kissing a stranger at the same time.

'This really is a confusing dream.'


Oh noes! >:O Minwoo is missing and the coy Hyunseong is making his way into Alice's heart?! What is this madness?! I want Minwooooooooo! *all the maknae fangirls cry*
Lulz. Don't worreh guys. He'll be back soon. ;) First Alice has to meet someone else. Who? Well... that's a secret. ;)

Anyways, I just wanna put a picture here to show you who I based Hyunseong's Cheshire Cat costume off of. It's supposed to look a little something like this...

Yupp :3 Ouran High School Host Club xD
Anyways... who do you like better right now? Hyunseong or Minwoo? Gimme your answer in the comments! I feed off of comments, so the more you comment, the faster I write!