Five

Torn Between the Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter V  

I don’t understand. What exactly happened while I was away? Does she not understand that I left to protect her? Bo, what happened during the five years I was away? He continued to pace up and down the length of his gigantic window. She used to love the Han River, did that change too?. Five steps up, turn around, five steps down. His heart thumped painfully against his chest and tears began to well up. He let them fall, not bothering to wipe them away. I would have never left you if I knew things would turn out this way, I should have taken the risk.

 

His meeting with Madam left him confused. Why was she so angry at him? Madam...Mom, I’ve already done what you wanted me to do.Why can’t you let me be happy? He sighed and stopped his continuous pacing. I can’t leave things like this... I have to win back my Victoria...  

 

“Ji Eun, I want you to find out where Victoria is right now,” he ordered.

 

“N-no,” she answered back, stuttering slightly, “I-I’ve been instructed by your m-mother to ignore anything you say that involves Song Victoria-ssi.”

 

“What do you mean?” he asked. He hung up and walked swiftly out of his office to confront his secretary.

 

Ji Eun looked up from her desk and hurriedly stood up, “It was Madam, sir, s-she told me not to help you locate her anymore or else I’ll be f-fired.”

 

Bang Yongguk sighed and nodded his head. There was nothing else he could do inside his office. Although they had promised to leave him alone, he knew that his mother still has full reign of the company and employees. Why the hell am I even here? He felt his frustration rise as he stalked into his car. He glanced at Victoria’s items inside the plastic bag and fished for her wallet. I’m not going to take anything...Just checking. He opened the wallet and found her license amongst her meager money. He gingerly swiped his thumb across her smiling face, his heart beating excitedly against his chest. My feelings for you never changed, Bo.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter