Chapter 2

To Serve And Protect
THE SECOND PART! (^__^)
Yesung hang up. 
 
"And?" asked Siwon. 
 
"We're meeting now. He will message me the address." At that same moment. His phone began vibrating. Yesung eyed his screen. "He just send it."
 
"Then let's go." 
 
***
 
About 30 minutes later, they arrived at his residence. Yesung grabbed the key, located under his doormat. They walked all the way into the living room. 
 
Hyesung smiled upon his arrival and just as he was about to hug him, he noticed Siwon. His face dropped. "And who is this?" asked he surprised. 
 
"I'm his lover. Choi Siwon." said he, before Yesung had the change to answer. 
 
"Lover? Really?" Hyesung eyed Yesung for confirmation. But the latter himself was shocked of Siwon's words. 
 
"I am. It's a pleasure meeting you." replied Siwon, and held out his hand for him to accept it. "You are Hyesung right? I've heard a lot about you." 
 
Instead of accepting the handshake Hyesung stepped closer to Siwon. "I hate people who come between Yesung and me." 
 
Siwon's fake smile faded. "You're an ex-prisoner and lunatic. I'm his lover." 
 
Hyesung's eyes turned wide for a second. He grabbed Siwon by his collar. 
 
"Siwon!" 
 
Hyesung looked at Yesung. He released his grip on Siwon's collar. 
 
"Oh? So you did learn in prison."
 
"Siwon stop it!"
 
Siwon eyed Yesung with a look of question. 
 
Hyesung ignored him. "I thought we would be alone. But you brought... this with you."
 
Siwon narrowed his eyes. 
 
"I was hoping to start anew. I have changed. I won't treat you the way I have before. Give me another chance, please." 
 
Yesung didn't know what to say. Suddenly he felt a strong arm around his waist. He looked to his left. 'Siwon? Why is he acting this way?'
 
"Yesung has me. We both love each other and we are very happy."
 
"Then why did you come?" asked he Yesung. 
 
Yesung stood dumbfounded. He eyed Siwon in confusion. 
 
Hyesung chuckled. "I see. You two aren't together. You're just trying to get me jealous... No, that's not it. You're the one who is jealous and you don't want him to be with me."
 
Siwon smirked. "You're wrong." Without warning he kissed Yesung on the lips. The latter froze and gripped Siwon's shoulders. Siwon even deepened the kiss. 
 
Hyesung eyed the scene in unbelief. 
 
When Siwon released the kiss he looked a little lost. 
 
"I understand. You may be his current lover but I shall be victorious." Hyesung stepped much closer to him. "Yesung. Is. Mine."
 
Siwon narrowed his eyes. "We'll see. Let's go baby." He pulled Yesung with him while the latter glanced back at Hyesung. 
 
***
 
Hyesung threw the glass against the wall in fury. "That rotten man! How dare he kiss my Yesung right in front of my face! I'm going to kill him. This won't be the last he'll see of me!!" Hyesung calmed himself. "Just be patient darling, I will get you back into my arms."
 
***
 
Once outside Yesung pulled himself out of his hand. He slapped Siwon across the cheek and run off in anger. 
 
A bit taken aback Siwon ran after him. A couple of streets further Siwon was able to catch up with him. "Yesung! Please stop!" said he, heavily panting. 
 
Yesung stopped and turned around. 
 
Siwon was shocked. Yesung could break down in tears at anytime. "I was only trying to protect you."
 
Yesung laughed bitterly. "You call that protecting?! How could you do that?! You took advantage of me! I am already struggling with my suppressed feelings for Hyesung." 
 
Siwon looked at the ground in shame. 
 
"It is true. I don't love him like before but may be he did change. In the past, he would have beaten you to the ground, but Hyesung was refraining himself from doing so. There are people who learn from their mistakes. Not everyone stays hanging in the past. And for that matter you don't love me back." 
 
"I do! I do love you... What Hyesung said, about me being jealous was true. When I saw him I thought you we're planning to go back to him."
 
Yesung eyed him with big eyes. 
 
"I was just too insecure and much too stubborn to acknowledge the fact that I had fallen for you, years ago. And when I kissed you back then, I had this amazing feeling inside. That is why I deepened the kiss. What I told Hyesung back then I wished all was true."
 
Yesung suddenly felt sick to his stomach. 'Everything is going too fast. Hyesung wants me and Siwon wants me. I'm utterly confused now.' He felt something wet on his cheeks. Yesung looked up at the sky. "Rain?" 
 
The streets we're slowly filled with the sound of rain dropping. 
 
Yesung eyed Siwon. 
 
Siwon eyed him back. "I'm supposed to protect you from danger. And Hyesung is dangerous. You can't go back into his arms."
 
Yesung blinked his eyes. He grabbed Siwon's hand and walked inot the interspace between two shops. Yesung leaned against the wall. "Kiss me again." Siwon was a bit taken aback but he did kiss him. 
 
The rain mixed in between their sloppy kiss. They we're enjoying it. Siwon put his arms around his waist and released the kiss. He planted small kisses on his neck, and bit the skin. 
 
Yesung moaned out in pleasure. His arms around Siwon's neck. "L-let's... uh, make... make love um." 
 
Siwon stopped. He held his forehead against his. They we're soaking wet. Neither looked in the other's eyes. "Are you choosing me? Isn't your mind undecided yet? Aren't you thinking about Hyesung?" asked he softly. 
 
Yesung let out a shaky sigh. "You two make me confused." He embraced Siwon. 
 
"You don't have to answer now. Take your time to think throughout."
 
"I know who I want. I asked you to make love with me." 
 
"No... It has to be sincere. I don't want us ending up regretting having slept together." Siwon loosened himself from his embrace. "Let's go home. We'll get ill if we stay in the rain like this." 
 
Yesung made no movements. 
 
"Yesung?"
 
The latter eyed him. "I heard you."
 
***
 
When it turned evening, Siwon left the house to go jogging and after that, do some groceries for Yesung. But then he came across his rival. "What are you doing here!" 
 
Hyesung eyed him contemptuously. "Yesung asked me to come over." 
 
Siwon eyed the house for a second. "He did?" 
 
"Seems like he didn't bother to tell you." Hyesung walked past him but got halted in his steps. 
 
Siwon's face turned dark and menacing. "If you hurt him, I will certainly crush you!" 
 
"...I love Yesung, remember?" He pulled himself out of his touch and ringed the bell. 
 
***
 
Yesung and Hyesung sat on the couch. 
 
"Would you like something to drink?"
 
"No thank you." Hyesung stared into his eyes, placing his hands on Yesung's. But Yesung backed away and eyed him apologetic. 
 
"Hyesung? I wanted to talk about us. I-"
 
"I knew you would choose me. I knew you would come back to me." interrupted Hyesung him. 
 
Yesung's face only saddened. "No Hyesung. You didn't let me finish."
 
The latter eyed him in question. 
 
"I chose... I chose Siwon. My feelings for you I was trying to suppress... I wasn't suppressing my feelings for you, but for Siwon."
 
Hyesung made no answer. His picture of having a family with Yesung crushed down into tiny pieces. He stood up. 
 
"Hyesung?" He also stood up. 
 
Hyesung closed his eyes for a bit and reopened them again. 
 
"I don't love you anymore. Please understand. I'm sorry." 
 
Hyesung didn't look at him. "Then why? Why did you come see me?"
 
"Didn't I just told you? Because I thought I was suppressing feelings for you! But in fact, it we're my feelings for Siwon I was suppressing. I didn't realize it then." 
 
"Damn it!!" Hyesung kicked the low sized table. "I thought we could finally start anew!!"
 
Yesung eyed him, a bit scared. "You haven't changed..."
 
Hyesung looked at him. 
 
"You have to accept it."
 
"NO!! I won't do that. You are mine Yesung. Only I can have you. Nobody else. Forget all about him from today on."
 
Yesung froze. He mentally shook his head. 'I was ignorant for believing that he had actually changed.' "Why can't we stay friends?" tried he.
 
"I don't love you as a friend." 
 
Yesung quickly backed away when Hyesung tried touching him. "You should leave." 
 
Hyesung blankly stared at him. He slapped him across the cheek. 
 
Yesung instantly tensed up. 'No! Is history going to repeat itself? Siwon, I need you!' 
 
Hyesung grabbed a fistful of Yesung's hair and punched him twice in the stomach. 
 
Yesung writhe with pain. He held his stomach while trying to gasp for air. 
 
Hyesung then kicked him to the ground and strangled him. 
 
Yesung tried his best to get loose, but he was too strong. Thus he lost consciousness. 
 
***
 
Siwon came back home with the groceries. When he got inside. the house was empty. "Yesung?"
 
There was no response. 'That's weird, why would he be awa-' Siwon dropped his groceries. 'Has Hyesung done something?' Siwon found a note on the table. He read it out loud. 
 
"Come meet me at Daeyangstreet 44, 12 o'clock tonight. 
You know the open garage right? I'll wait for you there. 
Yesung."
 
Siwon shriveled the note. 'Something isn't right here.' He looked at the clock. 'I still have time to prepare.' He opened one of the drawers and grabbed a gun. "Hyesung, you will pay for this."
 
***
 
Hyesung and Yesung we're already in the underground garage, seated in the car. Hyesung but his fingernails, his attention very sharpened. The gun was in his other hand. 
 
Yesung came too and looked around in panic. 
 
"Finally you're awake. I didn't want you to miss the show?"
 
"S-show?"
 
"The show called: Siwon's death." 
 
Yesung's eyes grew big. He tried to pull himself loose again. "I won't forgive you if you'll kill him."
 
"Yesung dear, can't you see that Siwon is our enemy? Don't you understand I'm fighting for you and me?"
 
Yesung bit his underlip. "I should have never made contact with you. If he dies I'll die with him."
 
Hyesung hit the steering wheel and stepped out of the car. 
 
Yesung flinched and got pulled out of the car. He moaned out in pain. 
 
Hyesung eyed him in confusion. He rolled up Yesung's sleeve and saw bandages. "Don't tell me-"
 
"Siwon doesn't hit me! He is nothing like you." Yesung eyed him in anger.
 
Hyesung squeezed his arm on the wounded place. 
 
Yesung yelled in pain. 
 
"And who says that he'll die with you!! He probably won't even come. That will say enough about him. Now let's go. It's 12."
 
***
 
Siwon approximates the underground garage and parks his car. He steps out and searches for the two men, whom he could not find. He decided to reconnoiter the place. He grabbed his gun and looked around, very vigilant. His finger on the trigger. Then he heard a noise coming from behind him. He swiftly turned around and pointed his gun to whoever was there. Siwon froze. "Yesung!" 
 
Hyesung smirked. "So you did came." He activated his gun. 
 
Siwon copied his action, pointing the gun at his head. "Let him go!"
 
Hyesung had a serious look on his face. Without warning he pulled his trigger over. He kept releasing his bullets, while Siwon tried hard to evade them.
"What's the matter Choi? Afraid to hit Yesung? Alright then." He pushed the latter to the ground. 
 
Yesung swiftly sat up. "Siwon! Leave! I don't want you to get hurt because of me!"
 
"No! I don't care if I end up hurt or dead by protecting you. When I was your guard, I vowed on paper that I would serve and protect you. That I'm discharged as your guard does not mean that those words have gone in vain. I'll never forget them. If you we're to die, then I'll die with you!" Siwon shot another bullet in Hyesung's direction. 
 
Hyesung tried evading it, but unfortunate for him the bullet scrape against his arm. He screamed in pain, but quickly repositioned himself again.
 
They ran up to each other and succeeded in punching the other in the face. Siwon and Hyesung fall backwards. 
 
Hyesung smirked and took his change. They stood up again. 
 
"What are you laughing for?"
 
"Come and kick me."
 
"Tsk." Siwon shook his head and aimed for his side. That is when he got blinded by a spray. He screamed in pain and rubbed his eyes. 
 
 
Hyesung kicked Siwon to the ground and held his gun against his head. Siwon's gun flew back, Yesung's way. 
 
"SIWON!" Yesung finally stood up and wanted to aid him. 
 
Hyesung turned his head. "Stay there and enjoy the show! This man is already dead!" He now eyed Siwon with a devilish smirk and laughed like a lunatic. 
 
Yesung panicked, that is when he saw Siwon's gun not lying to far from him. He quickly ran to it and picked it up. Aiming for Hyesung's head. "Let him go! Or I'll shoot."
 
Hyesung looked at him. "Hm! You don't have the courage to shoot me." He activated his gun and then BANG!!
 
Yesung's hands began shaking uncontrollable. He eyed the lifeless body laying on the ground. The tears streamed down his cheeks. He almost choked on the lump in his throat. "SIWON!!"
 
***
 
When he opened his eyes the first person he saw was Yesung. 
 
"Dr. Im, he has woken up." said he. 
 
His vision became clearer, giving him the opportunity to see where he was. 'Doctor? Does that mean...?' "Am I at the hospital?" 
 
Yesung nod. 
 
Dr. Im was checking his wounds and performing other little tests on him. "Well it seems that you can go home."
 
Yesung thanked the doctor as she left the room. 
 
"What happened?" 
 
"I shot him. I was sickened by the idea of having killed someone. Even if it's Hyesung. I'm sorry I brought you in danger."
 
"You didn't."
 
Yesung smiled sadly. "I'll take us home."
 
***
 
Yesung walked with light steps. "Seoul is cold today." stated he. 
 
"It is... Are you-" 
 
"I'm closing this page." interrupted Yesung him.
 
"I understand."
 
They stopped in front of Hyesung's grave. 
 
Yesung gently placed a glass and a bottle of red wine on his grave. Hyesung was very fond of it.
 
"I'm angry at him for hurting us, but in my memory there still exists the lovable Hyesung I fall in love with." Yesung felt his arm around his waist. Both men looked sad. "Are you really okay with me having hired you back as my guard?"
 
"I was the one who asked. So of course. It has been my duty to serve and protect you from the very beginning. So it will always feel that way for me."
 
They heard thunder aloof. Soon enough sky turned grey and it began raining. 
 
"Ah no!! It's raining again!!" complained Siwon.
 
Yesung sighed in satisfaction. "Shall we go back home then?"
 
"Good idea." 
 
They held each other's hand. Yesung took one last glance at Hyesung's grave. "Goodbye Hyesung."  When Yesung turned his head back, he felt's Siwon's lips on his. Yesung closed his eyes and deepened the kiss. 
 
"I love you." spoke Yesung.
 
"I love you more." stated Siwon.