Chapter 1

To Serve And Protect
OKAY At first I had en entirely different story, the plotline and everything was different, but then I deleted it because, my goodness it wasn't good. Not at all. So I was dissapointed with myself. So now I made it in a two shot. I hope you will still enjoy it. TELL ME WHAT YOUTHINK ABOUT IT ^___^

The prison guard did his checking routine. He stopped right in front of Hyesung's cell. "Tsk! I just can't agree with the idea that you will be free again, from tomorrow." He contemptuously spat nasty words in his face.
 
Hyesung sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the wall. He slowly turned his head to the prison guard. A smirk plastered on is face.
 
The prison guard flinched as the chills ran down his spine. "You freaking retarded ! I should have beaten you more!! I hope you'll die when you get out of here!!"
 
Hyesung slowly stood up and walked to his cell door. "Then I'll be waiting for you in hell." 
The smirk on his face only became more devilish. 
 
The prison guard tensed but regained back his cool. From behind the bars he grabbed Hyesung's collar. " you! I'm not the bad guy here! You are!" He pushed Hyesung back and walked away with shaking legs. 
 
Hyesung returned to his bed and opened the drawer. He stared at the picture in his hand. "At last my love, we shall be reunited."
 
***
 
Yesung sat at his work. With a pensive look, he looked down at the papers. 'Is this any good? I feel like I'm not getting any better.'
 
A knock was heard on his office door. 
 
"Come in." 
 
His guard closed the door behind him and approached his desk. 
 
"What is it Siwon?" Yesung did not look up from his work. 
 
"Sir? You called me." 
 
"Ah yes. How long have you been working for me?"
 
"Two years, sir."
 
Siwon was able to answer right away.
 
"Two years huh? I want to discharge you."
 
"Discharge me?" 
 
Siwon sounded deeply surprised. 
 
"Yes. I don't want to have you as my guard anymore. So today will be your last day."
 
"Okay."
 
Yesung shot his head up. "Are you fine with this?"
 
"Of course. I acknowledge the fact that neither of us has really tried to bond. It will actually be best to discharge me. I was getting bored of this job anyway." Siwon noticed that Yesung looked sad. "Is something the matter?"
 
Yesung made no answer. 
 
"Sir, may I take my leave?"
 
Yesung eyed him for a while. "Actually I wanted to discharge you so we can start of as friends."
 
Siwon looked at him oddly. 'Friends? Was Yesung being honest with me? I thought he disliked the idea of having me around. I mean he was never open to me.'
 
"I want to be friends... with you." His last words faded. 
 
"Why?"
 
Yesung looked at him quizzically. "You don't want to?"
 
"No. It's fine with me. We could try."
 
"Then would you stay living in my house?"  Yesung's reply was swiftly. He was happy with Siwon's answer. 'Oh darn it! I'm being much too enthusiastic about this. I need to keep calm. I don't want to scare him off. I know he is right about the fact that I have never been open. And that I very important in every kind of relationship.' 
 
"You want me to stay?"
 
"Yes."
 
Siwon made no answer. 
 
"It's because I think-"
 
Siwon looked at him full of expectations. "It's because?"
 
Yesung gulped, then slowly shook his head. "Don't decline my offer." 
 
Siwon couldn't help but smile. 
 
Yesung's cheeks turned rosy. He cleared his throat. 
 
"Okay. Then I'll stay ."
 
Yesung nod. "You may leave now."
 
"Yes." When Siwon reached the door, he turned to look towards Yesung. "Sir?"
 
"Hm?" Yesung was eyeing his pile of paperwork again. 
 
"Even if I'll be discharged, I will keep protecting and serving you. I promised you remember?"
 
Yesung shot his head up. He was almost blinded by the sight of his smile. 
'Does he really mean that? Is he altogether okay with how things will be going from tomorrow onwards. I mean he has always been reluctant against me. Perhaps he's changing?' Yesung awkwardly smiled back. 
 
Siwon turned around and left the office. 
 
Yesung scratched his head. "Tomorrow things will change."
 
***
 
The next day was gloomy, but Siwon and Yesung we're up early. Siwon was reading a book while Yesung stared out of the window. 
 
Siwon looked from his book and eyed Yesung. 'Us, it seems so pointless. Why does he want me to stay in his house anyway?' "Yesung?"
 
The latter looked at Siwon. "Yes?"
 
"Why are we doing this again? What are we doing actually?"
 
"Huh?" Yesung seemed rather perplexed. He did not see it coming.
 
"Why did you want me to stay with you?"
 
Yesung made no answer. 
 
"Well?" said he impatient. 
 
"I'm in love with you." 
 
Siwon froze. 'Did he just bluntly stated that he's in love with me? Or have I heard it wrong.' "W-what did...say?"
 
Yesung looked away. His face casual.
 
Siwon stood up and walked to him. "Yesung?"
 
"I said it, didn't I? These two years I have been crowding up my feelings towards you."
 
Siwon seemed a bit dumbfounded. "Are you feeling unwell?"
 
Yesung eyed him. "I didn't want to fall in love with you. But every time I saw you, I just couldn't lie to myself anymore. I'm sorry." 
 
Siwon made no answer. 
 
'What is he thinking? I can't even read his face? Why did I say it! Why!' "Siwon?" Yesung reached out his arm to him. 
 
Siwon backed away. 
 
Yesung, shocked from his reaction tensed up. 
 
"I-I can't return your feelings." Siwon seemed as if to be leaving.
 
Yesung swiftly stood up and held his wrist. "Are you leaving me?" Yesung shook his head. "Sorry I didn't want to put it in that way. Just forget that I said it. Being friends is fine. Please don't leave." 
 
Siwon looked at him blankly. 
 
Yesung panicked a little and let go of his wrist. He felt very uncomfortable now. He searched something to lay his eyes on, but everything seemed to be screaming: IDIOT! at him. He does feels like one. 
 
"Are you okay?" 
 
Yesung didn't dare to look at Siwon and only nod. 
 
"Will you please look at me?"
 
"Let's just end this conversation here. I'm going for a walk outside." 
 
Siwon grabbed Yesung's arm and pulled him back towards him, so they would be facing each other again. "Don't be ridiculous. You'll get ill in this weather."
 
Yesung awkwardly cleared his throat. 
 
"Will you look at me, please?"
 
Yesung finally looked up, in hesitance. Siwon's look changed. 
 
"Why haven't you ever told me?"
 
"You we're reluctant towards me. That made me think you didn't like me. So I was afraid to approach you with my feelings."
 
Siwon furrowed his eyebrows. His face turned apologetic. "I became reluctant because I thought that you didn't like me. So I tried to keep my distance from you."
 
Yesung smiled bitterly. "Seems like we're both at fault."
 
"Yeah. Stupid." 
 
"Can I tell you?"
 
"Tell me?"
 
"The other reason why I was crowding my feelings for you."
 
"Okay."
 
"A-are you sure?"
 
"Yes. Tell me." 
 
Siwon's tone sounded sincerely enough for Yesung. 
 
***
 
Yesung and Siwon sat on the couch. Yesung told his story and Siwon listened attentively. "The reason I crowded my feelings we're because of my ex-lover, Hyesung. In the beginning everything was good. We truly loved each other. But as the days passed by, Hyesung became controlling over me." Yesung paused, he looked if Siwon was following the story. 
 
Siwon gestured for him to continue.  
 
"I think Hyesung was afraid of losing me. Because he would be furious whenever I was having a good time with a man or women. Even though I would reassure him that I only loved him, his suspicions towards me didn't decrease. In fact, they only became worse. At first I was still able to communicate with other people. But soon after he wanted me only for himself. He only thought about me. The only person he cared for was me. But it wasn't healthy. Soon enough I realized that he was obsessed with me." said he in one breath.  
 
"Careful. Don't forget to breathe." 
 
Yesung sighed. "It's tiresome... being an adult."
 
"It is. I'm sorry that happened to you." 
 
***
 
Hyesung walked out of the prison gate. Back to his freedom. Now he could find his lover again. "Wait for me. I'm coming."
 
***
 
Siwon shuffled closer to him. "You want to go to the gym?"
 
Yesung's face dropped. "No. Shouldn't you be searching another job?" 
 
"I already took care of it."
 
"So fast." said he with widened eyes. 
 
"Yes! Detective Choi at your service."
 
Yesung nod slightly. "A detective. That is nice."
 
"Are you being sarcastic?"
 
Yesung laughed. "Not at all."
 
A long but comfortable silence erupted. 
 
 
***
 
It was finally noon and the weather cleared up. Actually it became awfully hot. Yesung and Siwon went out, to the Centrum. They ordered a smoothie and seated themselves at a table in the inner court. Yesung was lost in his thoughts and Siwon couldn't refrain from tapping his shoulder. 
 
Yesung looked at him. "Is something the matter?"
 
"That, I should be asking you. What are you thinking about?"
 
"Nothing."
 
"Yesung, I've been working for you for two years. I can see when you're bothered with something." 
 
Yesung made no answer. He took a sip from his smoothie. 
 
"I won't be reluctant anymore. Insomuch you can be open with me."
 
Yesung played with his straw while looking at him.
 
Siwon couldn't read his face. "Sorry." He rapidly grabbed his smoothie and looked away. 
 
"He's being released today." 
 
Siwon eyed him. "What?" 
 
Yesung made eye contact. "My ex-lover is being released today." said he what louder. "It bothers me." 
 
Siwon's eyes grew big for a second. 
 
"He doesn't know where I am, but there is a change he might find me."
 
Siwon sat up straight and cleared his throat. "You didn't have Choi Siwon back then." His attempt on letting Yesung feel touched, resulted in Yesung laughing at his fail. He growled.
 
Yesung stopped laughing. "Don't feel discouraged because I laughed. It wasn't even funny. I just felt like doing it." 
 
"But I do mean it. I will be there to protect you." Siwon placed his hand on his. 
 
Yesung stared at it. 
 
"HELP! A THIEF!!" 
 
The duo shot their head to where the sudden scream was coming from. A guy dressed in casual clothes was running of with a red purse. Siwon, without thinking, stood up and ran after the thief in speed. 
 
"Siwon!" called Yesung, running after him. 
 
When both men left the inner court, the thief turned around and held out a knife. Siwon eyed it. 
 
The bystanders screamed and began hiding or running away. 
 
"Siwon!" Yesung caught up with the two and froze when he saw the knife. 
 
The thief smirked upon his arrival and ran up to him. 
 
Yesung flinched back, but unfortunate for him he fell to the ground. 
 
Siwon quickly run after him. 'If he hurts Yesung I'll kill him!!' 
 
But it was too late. The thief ended up stabbing his left arm. Yesung screamed in pain. 
 
"No!" yelled Siwon. His fury took the best of him. He punched the thief to the ground, grabbed him by his collar and kept punching in his face. 
 
Some of the bystanders tried stopping him, but it was to no avail. 
 
Yesung got helped with standing up. "Siwon stop! At this rate he'll die!" 'Is he honestly intending to kill him?' "SIWON!!" 
 
The latter turned his head, heavily panting. 
 
That is when Yesung fell to the ground and lost consciousness. 
 
***
 
Siwon sat next to Yesung, who was seated on the hospital bed. 'This is all my fault. I feel like crying.' 
 
"Siwon? Why do you have that sad look on your face?" 
 
Siwon furrowed his eyebrows. "Because of my blunt action you got hurt. I am supposed to protect you, but instead I brought you in danger." 
 
"My arm is just fine. A little bit numb, but it will heal. Don't feel guilty." 
 
Siwon sighed deeply. He fiddled with his fingers. "Why did you fall in love with me?" 
 
Yesung's held his head slightly askew. "What... why do you ask so... Why do you bring this up?" 'Why am I getting nervous? But more important why does he want to know? We already closed this subject.'
 
Siwon made no answer. 
 
Tension erupted between the two. 
 
***
 
Hyesung sat on his leather couch and sipped from his red wine. Old memories invaded his mind... 
 
The couple was sitting on the couch of their shared house. 
 
"Hyesung? I feel cold. Could you warm me up please?" 
 
Hyesung looked at his lover. He smiled and embraced him. 
 
Yesung nuzzled into his embrace. 
 
Hyesung lifted Yesung's chin up and kissed him. 
 
Another, less happier memory came to his mind... 
 
"Hyesung why can't you understand that I don't want to be with you no more! I don't love you anymore!" 
 
Hyesung lightly pushed him to the counter. "So the words you said to me we're all lies?!"
 
"They weren't! My feelings for you decreased because you became controlling over me! I felt imprisoned by you! You don't trust me at all! That made me think that I was the one at fault, but it's you!"
 
"So you're planning on leaving me?! You'll just abandon me?!"
 
Yesung swallowed. "We'll stay friends." 
 
Hyesung made no answer. The thoughts that invaded his head were macabre.
 
Hyesung narrowed his eyes in annoyance. "It will be okay. I will get him."
 
*** 
 
Siwon and Yesung walked through the streets of Seoul. They stopped on a wide stone, bridge. Yesung leaned against the bars and looked at the river. While Siwon leaned his back against the bars. Then Yesung received a call from an unknown number. 
 
"Hello?..." Silence. "Hello?" said he louder.
 
"It feels good hearing your voice again." 
 
Yesung tensed. 'That voice. It can't be.' "H-Hyesung?"
 
Siwon spread his ears and quickly stood straight. He tries listening to the conversation. 
 
"H-how did y-you..." Yesung cleared his throat. "How did you get my number?" asked he firm.
 
"I have my resources, but that is not of importance. I want to see you again. Everyday I thought about you. I yearned for your touches, while our skin collide. Our lips brushing against each other. Haven't you missed that?"
 
Yesung bit his underlip. 
 
"Don't bite your underlip. It will bruise."
 
"How..." Yesung looked frantically around. 
 
"Because I know you. Let's meet again. I know you missed me too."
 
Siwon could barely hear his words. 
 
"I did miss you." 
 
Siwon narrowed his eyes and snatched the phone out of his hands. He pushed the end call button. 
 
Yesung eyed him in surprise.
 
Siwon returned the expression. "You still have feelings for him?"
 
"I thought I didn't."
 
"So you do."
 
"You care?"
 
"Of course I care."
 
Yesung grabbed his phone back. 
 
"Are you angry at me?"
 
Yesung made no answer. 
 
"What does he want?"
 
"To meet me." 
 
"Where?"
 
"I don't know. You snatched the phone out of my hand, before he had time to tell."
 
Siwon nod. "Good. You should stay away from him."
 
"...Actually, I want to meet him." 
 
Siwon frowned. "Did you forget his obsession for you?"
 
"I know. Just forget it." said he while staring at the unknown number. He heard Siwon sigh. 
 
"If you really want to meet him I'll come with you." 
 
Yesung shot his head up. "Then... I'm calling him."
 
***
 
Hyesung eyed his phone. The screen lightened up. "I knew you would come to me." said he with a smirk. "Hello?" 
 
"With Yesung... I want to see you again."
 
Hyesung's smirk turned more devilish. "Splendid."