First Impressions

My stupid english teacher

Peniel was sitting across from a student who was struggling with a simple sentence. It was 10 o' clock at night and all he wanted to do was sleep.

"Wurt would you rike to reat?" the student mumbled nervously. Peniel sighed. "No. It's "what would you like to eat?" "It's hard!" the student whined in korean. "Not really," Peniel said and rolled his eyes. "You're just a bad teacher!" the student screamed. Peniel ran his fingers through his hair. "Look, I'm not trying to be mean, but you're just unteachable. Sorry, not sorry," he said and pointed towards the door. She stood up and threw her papers on the floor. "You're stupid!" she screamed in english and slammed the door behind her. "Well, that's one thing she'll be saying alot in America," he chuckled to himself and started picking up the papers. 

He shook his head at each paper he picked up. Not a single note of english on them. All the stupid wrote down was BTOB<3 and OPPA. "No wonder her parents sent her to me. She's unbelievable," he said and tossed all the papers in the trash bin. He pulled the door to the freezer open and grabbed himself a hotpocket. The only thing he eats after a lesson. He put two minutes in the microwave and sat down at the table. 

He pulled out a notepad from his pocket and checked off the name of the student that stormed out angrily. "Hyori is done with," he said and drew a check next to her name. He skimmed the list and stopped at the next name. "Sungjae," he said as the words bounced out his lips. "Huh, interesting name," he commented and the microwave dinged. Peniel put his notepad away and excitedly walked to the microwave to recieve his hotpocket. 

- - - - -

"Sungjae, please!" his mom begged as Sungjae listened to his music. "Yook Sungjae!" his dad screamed and ripped his earphones out of his ears. "Ow! Yah! Appa, that hurt!" he said and snatched his headphones back. "Sungjae, you have to go to this tutor!" his mom begged. "Don't want to," Sungjae said. "Sungjae, we paid this man alot of money and until you are fluent in english you will not recieve anymore money from us!" his dad threatened. Sungjae raised an eyebrow. "A money threat? Is that it?" he said and smirked. His dad flinched. "I'm not interested in money," he said and leaned back on the couch. His mom was almost in tears. For years their son has been causing havoc and chaos. Every school he's been through he gets expelled. All his parents wanted to do was move to America so he can go to public school. 

"Yook Sungjae, you are going and that is final!" his dad screamed and snatched the phone and headphones out of Sungjae's hands and stormed out. Sungjae scoffed. "What's the point of me going to America anyways? I'm just going to get expelled anyways," he said and rolled his eyes. "Honey, please. Just for us. We heard the teacher is really nice. His name is Peniel," his mother said. "Peniel?" Sungjae mumbled to himself. "Whatever. I'm going to bed," he said and layed down on the couch, making himself comfortable. "Yes, well. Goodnight," his mother said and turned off the lights. 

The next day

"Is this the place?" Sungjae commented to himself as he walked up to the door. "This is so stupid," he said and rang the door bell. A man slightly shorter than him opened the door. "Are you Sungjae?" he asked in english. "I..uh... yes I am.. um .. sung.. Sungjae!" he said, shocked at the sudden english. Peniel laughed and pulled the door all the way open. "Nice to meet you, I'm Peniel," he said. "Yah! Why didn't you say it in Korean in the first place?" Sungjae said angrily. "I'm an english teacher, Sungjae," Peniel said and gestured him to come inside his home. Sungjae nervously walks in the house and looks around. Small and homy, he thinks to himself. "Would you like something to drink?" Peniel said in english. Sungjae looked up suddenly from his house inspection. "Um, par..don?" he said without confidence. "Would you like somthing to drink?" Peniel repeated in english. "No.." Sungjae said quietly. Peniel shrugged. 

"Hyung, can I get something to drink," Sungjae said as he took his seat on the table. "Yah, I asked you if you wanted something to drink," Peniel said, pouring water in a cup. "I didn't understand!" Sungjae whined. Peniel chuckled. He enjoyed playing with his students. "Here," he said, handing him water. "Thank you," Sungjae said in english. "Good job! You know how to thank someone in english!" Peniel said. Sungjae rolled his eyes. "Let's just get started," he said and sipped his water. 

Interesting kid, Peniel thought to himself. 

Interesting teacher, Sungjae thought to himself. 

- - - - 

author: hello! I've been having penjae feels lately. so yeah, hahaha. ahahah. ha. yay btob. c: