Chapter 1

A Delusional Song Writer

“Should I use a G? No, maybe a C then an Em—Ughh! Everything just sounds wrong!” I threw my guitar at the floor and huffed when I can’t even make a tune for just a single song! What do I do? I already have the lyrics and everything down but I still—

 

“AAH!” I ruffled my hair up until I almost looked like the witch from Wizards of Oz

 

“Just let me burn in ashes—“ I sat down on the floor, hugged my knees together, and rocked myself back and forth with wide eyes “—and may my spirit rest in peace,” I closed my eyes until I heard someone cough in the background of my misery.

 

“I didn’t know that was how you work here, Ella,” I jolted up in surprise as I heard the familiar voice of a very familiar Korean-American I know.

 

And no, it’s not Jisoo

 

“Hansol, yeogi-iseo wae? I mean—“

 

“It’s okay Ella, just speak to me in English okay? And by the way, it’s wae yeogi-iseo?” I scratched my head shyly before pushing up my round-square glasses up the bridge of my nose.

 

“So Cinderella, why were complaining that you can’t make a song?” Hansol questioned me, plopping himself in the couch with another guitar in his hand.

 

“Where did you get that guiar?”

 

“It’s Jisoo’s, or maybe Jihoon’s—I don’t know!” I laughed at his confused state, about who owns the guitar. I’m pretty confused too because sometimes I see Jihoon holding it or Jisoo or maybe another member.

 

“I thought that you were my fairy grandmother that magically poofed up a guitar,” I said sarcastically, waving a pencil in the air as if it is a wand.

 

“Okay! Why don’t I help you make a song? Oh and who are you going to make it—“

 

“Seventeen,” I cut Hansol off, but he jsut kept on talking.

 

“--for, if it is HelloSEVENTEEN?!” Hansol stood up with a bewildered face. I looked at him weirdly, but he just gave me a—

 

“Your damn right this is a what-the-hell-you’re-doing face!” he snapped his fingers left and right with every word he said… or yelled. I snorted when he said Hello Seventeen. Did they change their name or something?

 

“Since when did you turn black American?” I asked him curiously, looking at him as he flipped his bangs that were covering his eyes and damn right he looked good.

 

Now I turned black too

 

“Why you black African? Hakuna Matata, Cinderella! Hakuna Matata, Hakuna Matata,” I burst out laughing when Hansol started walking like a dog and flipping his hair to the left and the right like in the movie Lion King.

 

“Did you get any inspiration from that?” I gave him a little nod followed by a chuckle.

 

“Okay, let’s get started. What did you came up with before I was here?” I hastily got my guitar and started strumming whatever dumb song I could come up with because honestly, I didn’t compose anything yet.

 

“Seventeen, Seventeen, Seventeen. Why do we call ourselves Seventeen when we’re only fifteen?—“ I looked at Hansol who just gave me a horrible (but funny) expression on his face, but I just went on with it, “—Seventeen! We're the English speakers of seventeen!”

 

“Why don’t we just make Ella our MC?” I glanced at Hansol expectantly, but he just started clapping with his mouth open.

 

“Thank you, Thank you,” I bowed a little with a triumph smile on my face.

 

“I’m clapping because it’s over and that's the worst song I ever heard for Seventeen and who said you were going to be our MC?”

 

“Why you son of a

 

“No cursing!” he shouted, holding his hands up to defend his face. Is it bad that I am having inappropriate thoughts about killing this 14-year old Korean American soon-to-be idol? Nope, not at all.

 

“You are slowly going to—Oh yeah you better run!” Hansol broke into a run and we started running around the music/recording room. I grabbed my guitar and started raising it like it was a spear.

 

It can be. Maybe just put a sharp scissor in the end and maybe—

 

“You can’t catch me, short legs!” This kid is going to regret it

 

~.~

 

“Okay! Okay! I said okay! I’m sorry! Stop hitting me—No! Not my hair! I still have to look beautiful in front of Jisoo!” This is the situation where, me the predator, is attacking her prey, which is Hansol. Jisoo? Really? I knew JiSol was real.

 

“What did you say about my legs?!”

 

“They’re freakishly long! That Yaoming can’t beat you! Please! Stop!” I huffed loudly and got off of him, but punched him again in his arm.

 

“For a girl you sure hit hard. Oww,” I grinned at him cheekily while he was massaging his arm where I hit him the most.

 

“Don’t underestimate, the power of a shortie,”

 

“I thought you didn’t like being called short?”

 

“It’s better if I say it,” I shrugged and sat down on the couch again, grabbing my guitar and strummed it without playing any chords.

 

“Well, since World War III ended, why don’t I hear a song from you? Like a song that you composed to be a song writer here in Pledis,” he sat down on the couch, sitting down in an Indian seat and looking at me with bright eyes.

 

“You won’t like it,” I told him nervously but he just nodded for me to play. I sighed before strumming the first note.

 

“Remember the days when we sat down, under the tree, thinking of stories. Remember the time we shared ideas and you shot them down, like they were nothing. It’s hard to let go, It’s hard to say no, but you’re my friend until the end. It’s hard to forget, the memories we shared, in the end, we’re still strangers,” I strummed the last note, limply. Not minding if I made a little mistake with the chords.

 

“Wow, that's deep bro. Who was it for? ” Hansol sat down properly and scooted a little closer to me. I wiped the tears that were b in my eyes before it could fall. I never cried in front of a stranger and what more, it’s Hansol.

 

“It was for my best friend, she left me for the popular kids, but it was my loss because I was the one who let her go. The reason why is because she kept on asking me if she could go with them, so I feel like I’m holding her down, you know? And the song is not yet complete,” I sighed one more time before putting my head on Hansol’s shoulders.

 

Don’t kill me! Because when I shared this with him, I felt like we became a lot closer and it didn’t help that my heart was beating in a fast pace when he put his arm around my shoulders.

 

Beep Beep Beep Beep

 

I retreated my head from Hansol's shoulders and answered the phone,“Hello?”

 

“Ella! Update your story right now! I’m so bored!” my cousin shouted from the other side of the line. I stuck my tongue out at my cell phone but answered her anyways. She somehow made my mood hyper again.

 

“I’ll update my story when I don’t have blood running in my veins,” Hansol laughed a little and I put a finger just in front of my mouth, signaling him to be quiet.

 

“Then I will just drag you out of your grave then,”

 

“Why are you so insistent? Ready your gun because I’m going to eat your brain first. Happy brain fiesta bishashos,” I ended the call and Hansol immediately burst out laughing. He fell down on the floor and started rolling down on the floor like a maniac.

 

“Dude, what’s wrong with you?” I hit him a little in the shoulders and he nodded while he was still laughing his heart out.

 

I hope it does. Then it will crawl out of his mouth then—Oops, sorry, nothing to say here!

 

“Really? Bishashos? Is that how you treat your cousin?” I shrugged and laughed a little with him.

 

“She likes Seunggwan by the way,” he nodded and he suddenly just stared into space so I had to hit him in the head.

 

“What was that for?!”

 

“You’re spacing out,”

 

“Well, I was thinking about fan service to make your cousin like me and not Seunggwan anymore,” I rolled my eyes and just hit him once again. He rubbed his aching head and his pained expression just made me laugh.

 

“It’s enough for me to like you,” I widened my eyes at what I said and immediately covered my mouth, and looked at Hansol who had a creepy smile on his face. Get ready to star World War IV

 

“You like me, you like me, Cinderella likes me!” Hansol stood up and started doing wiggles everywhere that I think that the air even enjoyed it.

 

“Okay, you can stop now before I hit you with my guitar and would you please stop calling me Cinderella?” I growled at him, crossing my arms together and glared at Hansol who doesn’t seem to be affected.

 

This thing usually works

 

"Not a chance Cinderella. I'm prince charming so I think prince charming needs his Cinderella?" he nudged me in the sides, using his elbow, and wiggling hsi eyebrows up and down. I looked away hiding a blush that was forming on my cheeks.

 

I stood up and grabbed my guitar, heading out, but I felt a hand on my wrist, “Where are you going?”

 

“Nowhere near you,” I spat out but he just pulled me back and I landed on the couch with a thud.

 

“Okay, fine I won’t tease you for liking this awesome, cute, handsome and did I say awesome? And awesome—“

 

“Don’t push it,” I cut him off while glaring at him but he just smiled back at me.

 

“Okay, thank you for liking Hansol Vernon Choi,” I shook my head with a little smile forming on my face.

 

“Okay let’s just finish this song okay? I still have to make an album for GD and 2ne1 and I have to go to SM to meet EXO, and choreograph B.A.P's new song,” I jokingly said and clapped my hands together and we started making a song for Seventeen. It wasn't true by the way, hehe.

 

“Ella! Hansol! Were you?! You shamwhere?!” we suddenly heard Seokmin shouting our names outside or wherever he is. His Engrish is hella funny.

 

“We are in Guangzhou China! Making sure Kris doesn’t marry Kai! Taking care of Sehun’s and Luhan’s babies! And feeding Xiumin with a lot of buns so he won't cry that Hunhan is real!”

 

“Ah okay,” Seokmin responded dumbly and me and Hansol just laughed at Seokmin who didn’t understand English.

 


author's note: Hi guys! I hope you like the first chapter! :D Wait for the last an final chapter tomorrowor maybe the day after tomorrow! ^^ :)