1/1

We're Just Dancing in the Rain

                Youngjae was doing his best to keep his spirits up for the Japanese crowd.  All of the fans had made a huge effort to come to their show and he couldn’t let them down.  Even though Daehyun’s harsh words earlier in the day kept biting at him, he did his best to push them back and keep up his cheery façade.  Maybe the elder had been tired and cranky- they were all tired and cranky from their over packed schedule.  There was no way that he had been serious about wanting to break up…

                ‘Dancing in the Rain’ came on and Youngjae internally groaned.  This song had been secretly written for the two of them- hence the reason they sang 90% of it.  Normally he would be thrilled to have a chance to covertly sing a love song with his lover, but today was not one of those days.  He wasn’t sure if he could even call Daehyun his lover anymore.  But it didn’t matter how he felt- his first priority was to make sure that the BABYs were having a good time.

                Daehyun’s voice soared out of the speakers and Youngjae forced a smile onto his face, raising the mic.

                “We’re just dancing on the floor,”

                “I keep falling for you”

                “We’re just dancing in the rain”

                “The moment I first saw you, inside my heart was a hot heartbeat.”

                Youngjae lost himself in the music, prancing on stage, striking his infamous sassy poses, and fan servicing with the BABYs.  He had all but forgotten who was singing the other half of the song until it came time for the chorus and the choreography called for them to face each other.

                “Already I’m ready, you’re very tipsy, baby”

                “You want me too.”

                “Already I’m ready, you’re very y, baby”

                “Raise me up, love me tonight.”  As Youngjae looked over at his boyfriend of over a year, his part came out as a desperate plea, discreetly begging the other to reconsider, to admit that everything was just the fluke of a bad mood.  But tears started to well in his eyes when he looked across the stage and saw nothing but stone-cold apathy in Daehyuns’.

                He turned away quickly to recover, to get him himself under control, but he worried that he was too far gone.  He briefly considered just turning and booking it off stage to break down, when a strong arm caught him around the shoulders, stopping him before his legs had a chance to move.  Before he could turn to see who it was, a pair of plush lips pressed firmly, yet tenderly, to his cheek.

                ‘Daehyun?’ his mind raced, but a second later the lips were gone.

                “Forget about him,” a husky growl sounded low in his ear.  The culprit pulled away and Youngjae turned his head to stare in complete shock.  But Himchan only granted him a  quick wink before prancing back off to the other side of the stage.    Although he was still in shock, Youngjae was also a professional performer and managed to brush it off, at least on the outside, and continue the song.  On the Brightside, the other vocalist was now far from his mind as his dark-haired hyung crept into his place.  What had been his intentions in doing that?

                The more Youngjae thought about it, though, the more he realized that he was overreacting.  Himchan hyung was touchy-feely with everyone and he had just been trying to cheer his dear dongsaeng up, Youngjae rationalized.  At this thought he was able to push the whole incident to the side and carry out a perfect encore.

 

                “What the hell was that?” Daehyun snapped once the show was over and the two vocalists were in a dressing room backstage, ready to change and head back to the hotel.

                “What was what?” Youngjae snapped back.

                “Your and Himchan’s little moment out there.  You two a thing or something now?” Daehyun jerked his sweatshirt off and flung it on the couch.

                “I don’t know what that has to do with you.  I thought we were over.  Or did you forget that already?”

                “Of course.  A snarky response, as usual,” Daehyun huffed and turned away.  “And you wonder why you can’t get anyone to love you.”

                Daehyun’s barb struck Youngjae hard.  He couldn’t gather the words for a response as the elder stormed out of the room.  He fell to the couch and put his face in his hands.  Was he really so despicable?  So unlovable that his own boyfriend couldn’t stand to be with him?  The tears started falling and wouldn’t stop.  Sobs wracked his body and never even heard the door open and someone walk in.

                Youngjae startled when he felt his hands being pulled from his face.  “Himchan hyung?  What are you doing?” he asked, but instead of a response, the dark haired man only moved closer.

               “Shhh.   Don’t cry.  It doesn’t suite a face as cute as yours.” Once again Himchan’s lips found themselves on Youngjae’s chubby cheek, kissing the tears away.  He moved to the other side as Youngjae sat, paralyzed, unsure of what to do. 

            “H-hyung?”

            “Shhh, Youngjae.  Forget about him.”  Himchan moved his lips until they were millimeters from Youngjaes’, his hands placed on either side of the younger’s face to keep him in place.  “Nal sarahanghae jwo tonight.”