A Syrian Dream: Ch1

A Syrian Dream

        It had been 15 years since B.A.P debuted in South Korea. They have had 25 #1 hits in South Korea and Asia and 15 in the states. They toured the states every summer since the summer following their debut. After so long of continuously touring and producing albums they as a group decided after this tour ended at the end of the summer they would go and do humanitarian work with UNICEF and go to Syria and help with the aftermath of the war that went on for nearly 6 years.

        It was late August when they had their last concert in Japan. They returned to South Korea and TS Entertainment made the announcement that they would be taking a break from the music industry and focusing on other activities. They took a week off and during that time their company had set up everything for them to leave. It was the first week of September and they were back at the airport getting on a plan to take them to Syria. They were greeted by fans and did a small amount of fan service before getting on their 10 hour flight.

        For the last 5 years Anillia and Summer had been to at least 25 different 3rd world countries and more villages then they could remember helping with Habitat For Humanities and UNICEF building homes and school and water systems for Villages. They built make shift hospitals in combat ridden zones and treated the people they could. They brought vaccinations and immunizations for children. They delivered and cared for infants that would have normally died after or during birth. The people of these villages had called them their Guardian Angels.

        The Civil War in Syria had ended after almost 7 years and they were able to enter the country after 2 years of trying and almost being killed twice when the mercenaries found them and their crew trying to sneak into the country. They had ended up in a small village outside the capital Damascus. The closet hospital had been destroyed during the war. The school in the village had been turned into the hospital. While the hospital and school were being rebuilt they continued to use the old school as the hospital and clinic. Over the last year of being there they had delivered over 100 healthy children and treated many of the illnesses caused by the war. They performed a multitude of amputations of soldiers and children returning home from the war. They had seen many things during their time severing in the Army but this was worse.


        When Anillia finished high school she joined the Army. During her teens she had been somewhat of a trouble maker. When her grandmother passed away it was stipulated in her will that Anillia would only receive her in heritance when she made something of herself. Her grandmother had died 2 weeks before she graduated high school. The last thing Anillia told he grandmother was that she was joining the Army after graduation. She wanted her grandmother to know that she was trying. Anillia was wild when she was 16 living in L.A was no help being the last living heir to the Kingston Technologies Empire. When she was 14 her mother died giving birth to her brother who died later that year. For a long time people thought that Anillia had done it because she was the one that found him. She swore she had nothing to do with it but no one believed her. Two years later on her birthday she found her father in the study, he had killed himself leaving a suicide note saying that he had killed his son blaming him for the death of his wife. After that Anillia had been left in the care of her 84 year old grandmother. She was moved from her family home in San Francisco to her grandmother’s compound in L.A. Her father’s mother was a very strict and ridged woman. When Anillia arrived to live with her she didn’t like anything about Anillia. The last time she had seen her was when she was a child. That was also the last time she had seen her own son. They fought constantly and butted heads about everything from the way Anillia dressed to the way she spoke.

photo Anillia-1.jpg

She served 10 years in the army and became a combat medic. Summer was a combat nurse and served 5 years in the army. Anillia and Summer had met during their deployment to Syria during Summer’s second year in the army. They had ended up sharing a room together and became quick friends after discovering they both loved a lot of the same things including music. One night when Anillia had been changing out of her uniform Summer walked in and discovered who Anillia actually was. Because Anillia always kept her long sleeve jacket on when she was in public or was wearing long sleeve scrubs covering her tattoos it never clicked when they discussed their love of the same band.

photo 384452_4361583030327_1940917036_n.jpg

Anillia had explained that when she joined the army no one took her serious because of her tattoos and that she was forced to keep it covered in medical school it just became habit almost like she forgot she had it. They became even closer talking about the group to pass the time late at night when they couldn't sleep. They would watch old videos of the group and when they returned to the states they went to their concerts together. They shortly discovered that their time to re-enlist was coming up at about the same time and had decided they would not re-enlist together. Summer had talked about wanting to go to other countries with UNICEF and habitat for humanities and try and make a difference. After their deployment was over Anillia was sent back to her duty station in Hawaii and Summer returned to hers in Germany. They spent the next two summers meeting up at the B.A.P concerts in the states. They Skyped and talked on the phone daily until Anillia's contract came up and she packed up her things sent them to her home in San Francisco California and flew to Germany to spend the remaining 6 months of Summer's contract in the army planning their "vacation" as they liked to call it. People called them crazy for calling it a vacation. People told Anillia that because she was rich she could pay others to do what she wanted to do. Her response was always I didn't earn that money I inherited it and because I have it I don't have to work and I can go try and make a difference in someone else's life. Summer on the other hand didn't come from money but that didn't mean she was poor by any means. She had money put away that she could live on comfortably for years if she needed. She had got her first job when she turned 16 and put all the money she made away in an account and didn't touch it. Then she too joined the army right out of high school. Her parents had contributed to pay for her phone when she joined the army. She lived in the barracks in the army and her only bill was cable and Internet in which her parents insisted on paying for. She hardly spent money and when she joined the army she had gotten a 50,000 dollar sign on bonus and put that in the same account she didn't touch before. So she wasn't poor but she wasn't rich but for a 29 year old single humanitarian people considered her rich. One because she was always with Anillia and her family name was kind of world known and then when she has been a teen she has made quite a seen as a socialite.

         It was late when they got off their flight and were drove to the first village they were going to be working at. They were taken to one of the houses being used for the people that were there to help. They went straight to bed and all passed out quickly. Zelo was the first one up and made breakfast for everyone. Jongup was the first to smell the food and got up going into the kitchen. Jongup loved it when Zelo made breakfast he always made American breakfast. He sat down at the table and waited for Zelo to serve him.

“How much you want?” Zelo asked.

“A lot I didn’t eat on the plane I slept mostly also you know that food hurts my stomach.” Jongup said.

“I think we all know that.” Zelo laughed sitting the plate down in front of Jongup just as Hyosung came out down the hall.

“You are trying to make me fat Zelo.” Hyo whined.

“I don’t make you eat it all that is all you.” Zelo laughed.

“Still do you have to make food that is so good?” Hyo said kissing Jongup on the head and sitting down next to Jongup at the table.

“How was your flight Noona?” Jongup asked.

“It was long I wish we could have flown with you guys I am so sick of hiding being with Yong Guk.” Hyo said.

“Well I think it is getting harder and harder the more you show.” Zelo laughed.

“Shut up…” Hyo laughed.

“Why do you think we are here?” Yong Guk said coming down the hall.

“So she could have the baby in hiding.” Jongup laughed and Hyo slapped Jongup in the back of the head.

“Ouch.” Jongup rubbed the back of his head.

“You deserved that one.” Daehyun said sitting down at the table.

“We just need to eat and get ready to go.” Yong Guk said sitting down next to Hyo and rubbing her stomach.

“He is talking to her stomach again.” YoungJae laughed.

“You are just jealous that will never happen for us.” Himchan said.

“It could.” Hyo said.

“Not having that conversation again.” Daehyun said.

“Why not?” Hyo said.

“She is my wife and I want her to have our children first.” Daehyun snapped.

“But she wants too.” Hyo said.

“But I don’t want her to.” Daehyun said getting up and leaving the kitchen.

“Why do you do that every time?” Jongup snapped going after Daehyun.

“What she wants to do it…” Hyo said.

“Just change the subject you know it bother him that they have been trying so long and it hasn’t happened.” YoungJae said.

“It is strange since the doctors say there is nothing wrong.” Zelo said.

“It will happen let’s just eat and go.” Yong Guk snapped.

 

They finished eating and getting dressed in light weight clothes. It was hot still so they were warned to keep hydrated and wear cool clothes. They piled into the van and Daehyun sat in the back in yet another bad mood with Jongup next to him. They ended up driving to the hospital they were going to help at in complete silence. Daehyun was texting and Jongup was playing on his phone. Himchan and Jae were flirting and being cute. Zelo and Yong Guk we sleeping like they did most times in the van. They had left Hyo back at the house with her nurse and manager. They were still working on how it was going to be completely hidden that she was pregnant especially since secret was supposed to be having a tour. 
        They arrived at the hospital and got out of the van and walked to the site. The people were outside doing trauma work during the night there had been attack. Even though the war was over there was still hidden mines or bombs that didn't detonate when they were expected but they were left and they were still volatile.

        The alert went out it was almost 3am and Anillia and Summer had only left the hospital at 12am for the third time that week. There had been 6 births on the first night with all the mothers having complications. Two of the mothers died and one of the babies. It really wore on Anillia emotionally due to losing her mother when her brother was born. Her goal was to never lose mothers but sometimes she couldn't control the complications. By 6am they were exhausted and hungry. Summer had gone to get them some coffee and food. They had lost 3 patients from the blast and 2 were in recovery from surgery. They were able to take a break catch a couple hours sleep and get cleaned up. It was noon when they returned back to the hospital. More injured had arrived and were being looked at outside they were minor injuries just needing stitches and observations. Anillia had just finished stitching up a little girl and was giving her a er. 

        They walked over to the people following their handler. The nurses came into view and Zelo stopped in his tracks looking at them. 
        "I know that tattoo!" Zelo said before he took off. He ran right over to her yanked her around and crashed their lips together. Anillia not knowing what was going on just stood there not knowing what to do. He pulled away and whispered to her. 
"I knew I would find you." Zelo said looking her right in the eyes. Anillia just stared at him.