Late night study

Late night study

            Classes were done for the day and I was making my way back to my small apartment.  I had no friends there any more, all my old friends turned against me after I started dating my boyfriend, so hanging out with any of them was out of the question.  My phone rang from the depths of my pants pockets, and I had to go on a fishing exposition just to find it.  I clicked the power button to see who it was.  Yongguk’s name flashed on my screen and my heart skipped a beat. I clicked open the message that he had set me. ‘Going to be late tonight, eat without me. I’ll be there as soon as I can.  Love you.’

            I sighed as I texted back ‘ok…Love you too,’ and hit send.  I pushed the phone back into the depths on which it had come from.  My studying would keep me up so that I can see him come home.  I had Yongguk to thank for my grades getting better in my classes.  Every night that he told me that he would be coming home late was the reason behind my studying.  Normally I wouldn’t even care so much as to study, but with him not around there is nothing else to do in that small apartment.

            I climbed the steps like I always did after class, and fished around for my keys.  Feeling the warm metal on my fingertips, I grabbed hold of them and pulled them out of the warm haven of my pants.  I slid the key into the key hole and unlocked the door and slowly opened it.  The small apartment was still, it was too quiet for me.  I walked in and closed the door; the sound of the dead bolt locking rang through the house.  Yongguk had a spare key that I made for him, so he could come and go whenever he felt like it. I flipped on the kitchen lights and set my keys down on the counter top.

            After setting down my keys I kept walking towards my desk that was in the living room.  It was small, but with only having a laptop on it; it made a nice study corner for me as well.  I would sit there working on homework, and Yongguk would be sitting on the couch working on his lyrics or watching t.v. I set my back pack down on the floor and slumped into the office chair.  Food wasn’t on my mind at the moment.  My boyfriend was.  He and the group had been working hard for years now, and still no outlook for them to just sit back and relax for a bit.

            I sighed as I bent over and opened up my back pack, there was homework that needed to get done, papers to write, and just stuff to keep me busy till I hear that dead bolt unlock and Yongguk home for the night. I pulled out one of my text books and started going over what needed to be read for the day.  As I started to read, my eyes seemed to think I was trying to go to sleep.  The past few nights had been long, and I wasn’t getting much sleep.

            I laid my head down on my book, thinking a few minutes of my eyes closed would help out.  However, that wasn’t the case.  I passed out, and who knows how long I was out.  I was woken up by the feel of arms being wrapped around me and a soft kiss on my neck. “Noona,” his deep husky voice whispered in my ear.

            I moaned softly as I picked my head up to lay it on his chest, “welcome home,” I answered sleepily.  His arms let go from around me and I felt the office chair move.  My desk was being taken away from my line of view and was replaced with Yongguk sitting on the floor and looking up at me.

            “Were you trying to stay up again?” he asked his deep voice full of scolding.  He was against me staying up to see him come home, but I couldn’t help it.  With both of us busy during the day, the night time was all I got.

“No,” I lied.  “I really was trying to study, but I see that my eyes won the war on sleep.” A yawn escaped my mouth and Yongguk’s deep laugh ran through my body.

            “Come on noona, you need to get ready for bed,” he said as he got up off the floor. I shook my head half way through my turn back to my desk when the chair stopped dead in its tracks. “No noona, you need your sleep.  We both have been pushing ourselves too much.  We both need a good night’s rest,” his deep voice was peaceful.  He wasn’t going to force me to do anything that I wasn’t going to do peacefully. 

            I sighed; I knew that there was no way winning this war.  I got up out off of my chair, my knees gave out and I found myself falling toward Yongguk.  I gasped and felt his arms wrap around me. I looked up to see his face full of worry. “I’m fine, just a little weak from sleeping in the chair is all,” I told him.

            I watched as he bent down and put one of his arms behind my knees and moved the other under my arms.  In one swift move I felt myself being lifted by him.  I gasped again and wrapped my arms around him. “What are you doing?!” I shrieked.

            His laughter and his smile told me that he was enjoying himself a little too much as he carried me to the boom.  I couldn’t help but laugh with him, it was a while the last time that we were both so carefree.  I felt myself being lowered onto the bed and he kissed me softly, “I’ll let you change in here, I’ll go in the bathroom and change,” he told me.

            I smiled and nodded as he walked into the bathroom and watched as he closed the door behind him.  I got up and found my pair of sweat pants and t-shirt, I took off my clothes and slipped into my pj’s. I crawled into bed and slowly the bathroom door opened and I could hear Yongguks deep voice ask “are you dressed?”

            I laughed lightly, “Yes, it’s safe to come out,” I told him.  The door opened all the way and Yongguk stepped out in his sweats and wife beater that he normally wore to bed. He walked over to his side of the bed before crawling in.  He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me in close to his chest.  My back was flush up against his chest, and I could feel each ridge of his abs.  I laid my hand on his, and intertwined our fingers together. 

            I felt his lips brush on my neck; I turned my head to look at him. “Noona, I love you,” his deep voice replied. Sleep and exhaustion intertwined in his voice.  I knew that he was looking forward to get some sleep from the long day that he had.

            “And I love you too, Oppa,” I answered back.  I kissed him softly as I felt him hold me tighter.  I turned my head back, and within minutes the two of us were fast asleep.