9th quarter: Twin Trouble...?

Fast Break

Their palms are sweaty, knees weak, feet are heavy. They noticed their hands are trembling as they head into the metallic sliding room located at the left corner of the 1st floor hall...

Faculty room...

They cannot falter though, they had been studying hard for this day. They also practiced hard for this day as this will be the debut of their much awaited official game...

The preliminaries of the Inter-high basketball cup.

"This is it, hyung. this will be our decision game. Whether we passed this or not will determine if we can play with the others!!!" Seungri said. To this Daesung strongly nodded. "Their win will definitely depend on our skills!!" Seungri added enthusiastically. Daesung smiled awkwardly.

"I-I don't think the last part is necessary, Seungri, but you're right we need to pass this exam." He said. Seungri nodded though what Daesung first said was completely ignored. "Let's go..." They both entered the room and was welcomed by the gloomy aura.

"Oh if it isn't my favorite students. Come! Have a sit! I hope you're ready for the exam." Minwoo greeted them with a smile. Sinister as what was registered on both the students' mind. Daesung and Seungri appraoched him while hugging their sports bag. "You seem prepared for the game later... you do know that if you didn't pass this test then you will not play and instead have late night tutorials from me." Minwoo said as he eyes the two. Daesung and Seungri nodded with a smile, nervous smile.

"Here, sit." He urged them to sit in front of an office table as he stands up and went behind them. He placed two sets of white papers in front of Daesung and Seungri and instructed them to take their pencils out. "I won't be hard on you guys, don't worry. This exam will include the basic principles and formulas that I taught. Are you ready? This'll be for an hour." He said.

"Y-Yes, Songsaenim." They both answered. Minwoo smiled and held out his timer. "Ok..." The two student took large gulps and breathed deep.

"Start."

 

"Well, here we are... Guess we didn't made it to the ceremonies." Young Bae said as they approach the school where the first round of preliminaries will be held. TS high school in Yongsan-gu, Seoul. "I heard that our first opponent are something... ruthless?" Seunghyun asked. Jiyong looked at him. "Aside from 2pm, I don't remember anyone being ruthless in the court unless we are really outdated." Young Bae said.

"Hi guys!!!" The team looked towards the girl who called them. "Oh, Yuri!! You came!!" Taeyeon greeted giving her bestfriend a hug. "Yeah, I skipped practice and went straight here. I can't let our team's first game go by without me seeing it." She smiled brightly. "Hi everyone!!" Yuri greeted everyone and smiled. She greeted Young Bae last and upon seeing him smile caused her to blush and smile shyly. "Hi, oppa..." She greeted. Young Bae chuckled. "Our cute Yuri, hello and I'm glad you came." He said.

Taeyeon chuckled and went to the side. "You know it's either I might be speculating or Yuri has a thing for Young Bae?" Jiyong skeptically, whispered eyeing Yuri as she speaks with Young Bae. "It's my girl hunch but I do think she has a thing for oppa. What can I say? Oppa is very kind, handsome and very good in playing ball." Taeyeon said giggling. Jiyong snorted. "I don't think so." He commented. Taeyeon looked at him. "You don't agree, oppa?" Taeyeon looked at Jiyong and could clearly see him with a sour reaction. Taeyeon smiled.

"You're jealous right?" She asked in a teasing way. "W-What!? I am not!!! I just don't agree because I know I'm the best." He said somehow a hard to notice blush appearing. "I didn't say anything about him being the best, oppa." Taeyeon giggled. "You're too defensive." She said gently slapping Jiyong's arm. "Aw!? What the!?" He retorted but Taeyeon continued giggling.

Few moments came and finally, Dong Wook came out from the school and greeted them. "Ok, so is everybody here?" He asked. "Well Daesung and Seungri aside, yes, we are, Coach." Tae Hyu answered. "Oh I almost forgot about them." Junho said. "I hope they do well." Seunghyun commented. Taekwon nodding in agreement.

"We know they'll do best. Their game will be on the line if they didn't take it seriously." Young Bae assured them. "They'll come." He said. Yuri nodded. "By the way, Sunny, said she will be following shortly. She has to finish somethings back in school." Yuri followed. Taeyeon nodded. "I hope they do well." She whispered, hoping even.

Just then a hand reached her temple ruffling her hair. She turned around and saw Jiyong smirking. "They'll make it. They better do or well make the suffer." He said. Taeyeon eyed Jiyong, his boyish grin causing the girl to blush. "Y-yes, you're right." She said.

"Ok, let's go." Dong Wook said as they lead them to the school's gym.

 

Meanwhile...

 

Daesung and Seungri have already finished the first half of their test and it seems based on their sour expressions that they are on the verge of giving up. Seungri snapped and slapped himself. "We cannot falter!!!" He said and tried focusing on the algebra problems. Daesung looked at Seungri and saw determination in his eyes. He smiled, he cannot lose as well.

They continued answering quietly as Minwoo watches them.

 

-Half/Time-

 

"Here we are..." Seunghyun said as they head to their benches wearing their standard jersey with plaster tapes labeled with their name, number and School. "Ok... this will be great... let's make a good plan now." Young Bae said. Dong Wook gathered them and formed a circle. "Ok, kids. Our opponent is a group that excels in man to man defense and their teamwork is quite good. They are an aggressive bunch especially in the offensive turn so we better focus on defenses. Young Bae will remain in standby for now. So, basically, Jiyong and Junho, you have to work well to provide good plays. Seunghyun, tighten your defense under the ring, base from my knowledge their center is quite barbaric." Dong Wook said. Jiyong, Junho and Seunghyun nodded.  

"Taehyu and Taekwon give them a good pressure and keep your defenses up, isolation is, in my opinion, a good play for this." He finalizes. "So, what team are we playing against with?" Seunghyun asked. "Their name is quite a big one for the rookie world... B.A.P." Dong Wook said.

"Nice name." Jiyong commented. "Anyway, you guys ready?" Dong Wook said. All of them nodded. "We'll cheer you from here, ok? Fighting!!" Yuri said. They all formed a circle and gathered their hands in the middle. Let's go get crazy. Big... BANG!!!" They all cheered in unison.

Seunghyun, Jiyong, Junho, Taekwon and Tae hyu went inside the court, each stretching their arms, neck and feet to warm up. "Let's get it on." Taekwon said as they all positioned themselves thoroughly. In front of them are young men in black and yellow jersey, all having blonde hair, positioned parallel to each member of the team.

They possess faces filled with unending determination and mysterious aggression. Seunghyun stood in front of the tallest  of their team, their eyes locked against another. "Nice to meet you, YG high players. Heard you're set to reclaim your lost glory..." Said their center. Seunghyun didn't move nor remove his stare. "Possibly but one main thing is we just want to play again." He said wearing a smirk.

"Then it's on." He said as the referee holding the ball approaches them. "B.A.P, Big Bang. I want a clean and friendly game ok?" The referee said. Both sides agreed. The referee turned around to look at the spectators who nodded signaling the strart of the game.

Some people had already crowded the court in attempt to watch, mostly people from TS high. Three groups also watches from along the crowd. 

"So YG has returned to the court huh? Their new players seem wierd." Said one in a group of thirteen people in jersey jockets sitting on the father side of the court. On top of their sky blue jerseys are emblems of their school: SM Elite High. "Hey isn't that the G-Dragon?" A girl with blonde hair said. "Which one, Hyoyeon?" Said the other also in blonde. The girl, Hyoyeon, pointed at the thin guy on Seunghyun's left. "Hmmm... This seems interesting." Said a large built guy.

2pm watches on the other end of the benches, as well, farther from where Taeyeon, Yuri and Dongwook are.  Wooyoung watches Young Bae intently, scrutinizing his carefree expression. "They didn't include Taeyang in the first five. Disappointing." Wooyoung commented as he sips from his banana juice. Taecyeon looked at him. "Aren't you interested in Jiyong as well?" He asked. "Nah... he's not my concern." Wooyoung answered nonchalantly. "Cocky as usual." Chansung commented from the side. Wooyoung shrugged.

On the nearer side, "Aha!! So G-Dragon and T.O.P have finally appeared in the court after a year!! This'll be great!! I'll check on that!!!" A boy said as he holds his baseball cap and took out a small notepad and pen. "You better do, Yo Seob, they haven't played for a year and it would be the first time for us to see them play." The older and leader like one said. "Are they that good, Doo Joon?" Asked the other sitting beside Yo seob. Doo Joon looked at the other one beside him. "What do you think, Hyun Seung?" The guy, Hyunseung, stared silently at the guy. "They are... especially the G-Dragon. His magic hands are one of the deadliest in the court." He said confidently. "You've been teams with them right?" GiKwang asked. Hyunseung nodded.

With a whistle, the referee threw the ball upwards as both Seunghyun and B.A.P's center jumped for it.

 

Minwoo finished checking Daesung and Seungri's papers. He looked at them intently then back to the papers then to them. He wore an expression that simply undecipherable for both students. Finally, he took a look at them, giving the skeptical vibe which made them anxious. "Well at least you guys improved. Ok... you can go as long as you keep on improving then I won't stop you from doing it." He smiled at them.

 

Seungri and Daesung lightened up, looked at each other and hugged each other tightly. "WAAHH!!! HYUNG!!!" He called. "YES!! WE MADE IT!!" Daesung followed before they both looked at Minwoo and bowed. "Thank you very much, Songsaenim!! We promise to do better next time!!!" They said in unison. Minwoo smiled. "Go. You'll be late for the match, it should be starting soon. Good luck and make us proud." He said. Seungri and Daesung smiled cheerfully, took their bags and left.

They exited the office and was surprised by a girl tht stood in front of them. "Sunny-noona?" Seungri asked. Sunny smiled, her hand behind her back. "Hi, I waited for you guys so that I can go with you." She smiled shyly then eyed Daesung. Daesung smiled as well and this caused Sunny to blush. "Let's go!!! We don't want to miss our first match!!!" Daesung cheered. Sunny giggled and Seungri nodded.

"Time to shine!!" They both said with Sunny in between them.

 

To Be Continued...

 

a/n

quite a long update!! :) The battle is on!!

introducing...

BAP!!!

 

Spoiler next chapt: BAP is one good pressure!! Talk about intense youth!!! ^^