7th Quarter: Inter-High Registration

Fast Break

Jiyong found himself sitting in the middle of this God-oh-so-loudly sports stadium with s. Most of his teammates are goofing around and sadly, Taeyeon, Young Bae and Coach Dongwook is nowhere to be found.

Jiyong groaned in frustration as he stands up and approaches a nearby vending machine. Sliding his left hand to his left pocket, he checked for any coins or small bills that he can use to buy a can of soda. “Hyung!! Can you buy me one too? I’m really very thirsty…” Daesung appeared beside him giving him an unwanted aegyo. Jiyong scoffed leaning back to avoid the advancing aegyo of eye-smile and wide grin. “What the hell!? Get off me!!” He said pushing Daesung away causing the guy to pout.

“Where’s your bill!?” He asked, sighing exasperatedly. Cheering in glee, Daesung pulled out his coin and hands it to Jiyong. “I want the soda milk!!!” Daesung cheered. Shaking his head, Jiyong obeyed and also bought his own soda. “Where are those three!?” He groaned in frustration as he takes the cans out and gives the soda milk to Daesung. “Here and don’t do that again!! Not in front of me!!!” Jiyong scowled and left. Daesung eyed him, dumbly, more confused than intimidated.

He went back the seat to witness an event that further elevated his shame. “Seriously… HYUNG!?!?!?” He cried as his eyes feast on the view of Choi SeungHyun dancing like a drunk kid who just won his first science project. The others especially, Seungri are clearly amused seeing how stupid the oldest in their team acts. Swaying his hips as if he is like some sort of a gigolo while wearing a serious expression, eyes shut. Choi Seunghyun felt his charisma during that moment.

“These guys are over the board….” Jiyong, defeated, sighed.

 

“Looks like they’re having fun…” He heard a voice and saw Young Bae, Taeyeon and their coach approaching. “Finally… at least some decent people to talk to.” Jiyong groaned. “What took you so long!? And where the hell did you go!?” He demanded to Young Bae as the latter childishly covered his ears as if a child, being scolded by his mother.

Taeyeon chuckled as she approaches Jiyong who seemed very frustrated. “We went to the registrar’s office to register the school for the upcoming inter-high, oppa.” Taeyeon smiled. Jiyong looked at her sighing and scrutinizing her expression. “Isn’t it a bit early to do that? The team has just been formed and I don’t think those brats are rea—“ Jiyong was shut completely when he looked back to see Seunghyun doing a far sillier dance than earlier. “--dy…” He finished in shameful awe.

“Wow, they’re really having fun!!!” Young Bae said as he jogs to the place and joins the commotion. Some people have started to crowd them as the group’s tallest and oldest dance to his delight along the tune of 2ne1’s “I am the best”.

“Oh crap..” Jiyong muttered in silent defeat. “I’ll go and inform them of the news.” Dongwook said smiling cheekily at them and started to jog to the group. Jiyong looked at Taeyeon, who was smiling as she watches her team be silly. “What news?” He asked.

Taeyeon looked at him. “Well the registration committee considered our team and included us in the list for the coming inter-high cup tournament. They needed a name for the team so…” Taeyeon trailed off, smiling dreamily.

Jiyong eyed her, clueless of her sudden change of state. “Taeyeon?” He asked. Taeyeon jerked and looked at Jiyong shyly. “Sorry, Oppa. Well, we planned on the name and after much debate… We decided to make a team name with a bang!!!” Taeyeon said with a grin, hopping to face Jiyong closer. Jiyong leaned away. “Y-you’re too close…” He said. Taeyeon continued grinning happily as if demanding Jiyong to ask the million dollar question. “What name did you give to them?” He asked giving in.

BIG…

BANG!!!!

Jiyong and Taeyeon were startled when a group of familiar voices boomed to their ears. They looked at their members and saw them cheering. “Yep… that’s the name. Big Bang!!” Taeyeon said. Jiyong eyed the team then turned to Taeyeon…

“Seriously…” He said. “WHY AM I BEING TEAMED UP WITH A BUNCH OF CLOWNS!!!!!!!” He cried so loud that even his voice reached the farthest in space.

-Half/Time-

 

The team went outside, hoping to have another round of bonding time. They didn’t…

 

“We will practice thoroughly starting today until next week!!! We only have 12 days until the start of the preliminary matches!!!” Taeyeon scolded them. Dongwook agreeing along. “We’ll start with the comprehensive practices of the basic then 4 on 4 battles until the start of the preliminary. They will inform me of our scheduled match and our opponents later tonight so we better prepare.” Dong Wook followed causing pouting facing mainly from Daesung, Seungri and even Seunghyun. “Aww… we don’t get to hangout again.” The oldest sulked.

As they exit the stadium they were met by a group of men in blue jersey jackets. Jiyong stood still, Young Bae noticed it. A group of chuckles followed as they pass through. “So the great G-Dragon is joining the cup huh? Talk about not interested and crap.” Said the tallest wearing a grin. “Shut up, snapper.” Jiyong hissed.

“He just called you snapper, Taec.” A foreign looking one said with a boyish smirk. “He knows me by that name, Nickhun, maybe because I got him snapped three times in a row last year. Well that’s not the most embarrassing thing, right, Jiyong?” Taecyeon said putting a hand on the nonchalant Wooyoung’s shoulder. Jiyong is about to retort angrily again when Taecyeon was faced by a tall man with a threatening glare.

“Watch how you speak to our teammate, turtle snapper.” Seunghyun said. Taeyeon eyed him, meeting his glare head on. “So the great T.O.P. is back in the game. I haven’t played with you but from what I heard maybe you’re worth the wait.” Taecyeon said. “Well… I guess we should just leave this to the court then?” Young Bae said calmly, smiling. Wooyoung eyed him. “I would love to.” He answered instead.

Young Bae smirked. “I hope to see you again in the court, pretty boy.” He said. Wooyoung nodded as if gaining interest. “I wanna see your capabilities directly, Taeyang.” He answered. “Hi, miss Taeyeon!! I am glad you could continue making a good team.” Taecyeon greeted looking at the team before them.

Taeyeon glared at Taecyeon. “And I thought you were sincere when you joined. It turns out what Young Bae-oppa said is true.” She said. Taecyeon smirked scoffing arrogantly. “Let’s go.” He then turned to his team and they left.

“Wahhh… what kind of tension was that?” Daesung said feeling somehow relieved from the forming heaviness in the air earlier. “Those were the players from JYP high… the two time champion in the inter-high cup. Apparently they have a past with Jiyong-hyung. That’s all I know.” Seungri whispered.

“Looks like they’ll be our biggest threat. We need to prepare well.” Dongwook said seriously. Young Bae looked at Jiyong who was obviously clenching his teeth and fist. “We will.” He said. Young Bae smiled. “Well at least we got a reason to fight.” Young Bae said. “Jiyong, Young Bae.” They both heard a deep voice calling them with a serious tone.

“Ne, Hyung?” Young Bae asked. Jiyong looked at the taller guy. “I’ll let you deal with the other one. Turtle Snapper’s mine.” He said. Young Bae and Jiyong looked at each other. “Ok… no problem.” Young Bae answered.

And with that they left.

 

The club went straight to the school’s gymnasium to have a practice. Together they focused on practicing on basics and some team play. Daesung was monitored by Taeyeon personally and was taught the basic of basketball like dribbling, passing and shooting.

The practice took about 3 and a half hours and everyone left the school at 4:30 pm.

“You know, oppa. I am pretty excited for the start of the preliminaries next week.” Taeyeon said as she and Jiyong walks the path downhill from school. Since they are heading the same way, Jiyong decided to tag along with Taeyeon. Jiyong sighed. “I don’t know. I am not that confident anymore.” He said his hands in his pockets.

Taeyeon looked at him. “Why is that?” She asked. Jiyong looked up to the sky. “Because it has been a year since I last played officially. And it didn’t end up well. I have to prepare mentally.” Jiyong said. “Good thing, we have Dongwook on our side right?” Taeyeon said. Jiyong nodded.

“That coach may seem too calm for his good. But I know how his capabilities extend especially in enemy forecasting.” Jiyong said. Taeyeon looked at him and nodded. “I’m glad you decided to stay with us.” She smiled. Jiyong scoffed. “What can I do…? that damn Young Bae pulled me to it.” He said.

“Well thank you anyways. I promise to become a better manager for you all.” She said. Jiyong stopped and turned to Taeyeon. Taeyeon turned to him as well and was surprised when a hand held her crown. Jiyong smirked. “Still a no good manager in my opinion. Do well then!!!” He stuck his tongue out as Taeyeon pouted. “I will!! You will see!!!!” She hissed playfully and they both continued on.

Barriers seem to fade and weaken…

Slowly and unknowingly...

To Be Continued...

 

A/N

Update!! hehe hope you'll like it!!

Spoiler next chapter: Something unexpected will happen. ^^"