AllKpop 001 - New Girlgroup

new sm girl group — 「 U4RiA 」

Music

SM reveals name of new girlgroup!

by loveyou12345678 - 0 hours ago 568043 views | 21878 comments

Earlier this week, the above photo was found circulating SM Entertainment's official website. The image of five unfamiliar girls has caused quite a stirring of emotions. At SM Entertainment's recently held press conference, the photo was mentioned by several reporters. Eventually, Lee Sooman had no choice but to explain it. His news has shocked the nation.

Together with Girls' Generation's Jessica and Hyoyeon, SHINee's Jonghyun, EXO's Kris, f(x)'s Victoria, the Chairman of SM Entertainment himself, Mr. Lee Sooman, went on stage to deliver a very wonderful news to the public.

"Throughout the years, SM Entertainment has produced world class talents and award-winning artists. Every single group produced by SM has made a great mark and secured a spot in the Music Industry. With the successful debut of EXO last year, SNSD and SHINee's outstanding comebacks and Super Junior's ongoing World Tour. Being the chairman and founder of SM entertainment, it is my honour to give you this prosperous news together with these representatives of our top groups."

"This year, SM Entertainment is to debut a new girlgroup which will not just gather the hearts of many." Victoria spoke after Lee Sooman. " But will also grasp a spot in the Music Industry as one of the freshest new girlgroups of the next generation."

"This group is to be called 'U4RiA' which stands for Euphoria, which means the feeling of happiness you will get from their music." Jessica and Hyoyeon said in unison.

"We are proud to say that this girlgroup will definitely exceed everyone's expectations." Kris and Jonghyun said. But the biggest shock was yet to come.

"Everybody, please anticipate U4RiA!" Chairman Lee Sooman ended. "This group will be different for a number of reasons, but the biggest reason is that all the girls are bicultural! They are all half-Korean, and their other halves are a mystery until we reveal the members!"

With that, the press conference ended but definitely left a very mysterious side towards the viewers and reporters.

Who is this U4RiA? Stay tuned here on AllKpop!