Retaliation

"How dare you..?"

          I open the blanket slightly and see him stepping into my room. The door is opened. He comes closer to my bed.

          - Min Woo! Min Woo ah!

His voice is so sweet. But it is not enough attractive to erase my revenge plan.

          I lie motionlessly. Feign that I don’t hear.

          - Are you sick? – He slightly pulls my blanket.

          I rub my eyes.

          - Hyung, when did you come?

- I’ve just came. Are you sick? – He repeats.

- No! Just a little bit tired…

- Because of studying? – He worriedly asks.

- Yes… - I nod pitifully.

- Can I help you?

- No. I’ll try to handle it. Hyung, who I am to you?

- Ah… my best dong… dongsaeng. What’s with that?

- If so, can you bring me a bottle of strawberry juice?

- Huh?

- …in the fridge.

- Ok! - He smiles.

 He goes to the kitchen and then brings me one.

- Hyung!

- Yes?

- Have you ever loved?

- Huh? – He startled – Ah… Yes… Of course! I’ve fallen deeply for… for…

- How is your ideal lover?

- Hm… I’ve never thought about this. It isn’t that important.

- Please tell me!

- Ok… Hm… Cute… Lovely…

- Hyung, do you think that love a game?

- No! Why can love be a game?

- Are you the type of man who plays with other’s love?

- No! I am not that bad person… As I’ve just say...

- Will you be sincere and faithful?

- Yes… The man should be responsible for all his actions. When I fall in love, I will love by my heart. But… why do you ask me these questions?

- Will you love a person just because of feeling pity for that one?

- Of course not…

- You and Nana… – I slyly look into his eyes - …the two of you are dating?

- Aish… This is not…

- Just so! All of the students knew this.

- Why do you say this all of the sudden? Ah, what do you think…

- She was afraid that you won’t love her by all your heart; but now, maybe I will tell her… what you’ve said. She must be happy…

- Ah… Um… The truth is that we are not...

- Hyung… - I start crying - Mianhae!

- For what? – He hurriedly pulls me into his arm and comforts me.

- Your lover… I didn’t know that you…huhu…love her so much… - I hide my smiling face in his chest – I shouldn’t love you.

- What? What did you say?

Because of being shock, he pushes me out so hard that I am about to fall back. However, he then hastily holds my shoulders.

  - You’ve just said that you…l…love me, right?

- Hyung ah, you needn’t care about my feeling. Just care of your girlfriend. Two of you are making a nice couple. Huhu…

- Min Woo ah, calm down! It isn’t true. The one I love is…

- Silence! – I stop him with my hand – I knew. The one you love is Nana. Huhu… Don’t mention her name, please!

Tears – don’t know from where they come – stream down on my cheek. I inwardly admire my performance talent.

- Huhu… Just let me…ah, no! Let your dongsaeng… Yes, dongsaeng…You said so… Let I hold you the last time, hyung… - I purposely stress on the word “dongsaeng” – … The last time…

- You are misunderstanding! – He finally can pull my hand out of his mouth – We just played a game…

- You? She? You say love is a game? – I feign surprise.

- I didn’t mean that… Just me, not her… - His perplexity is visible - …ah…no… How’s the say…

I am on the point of laughing, but I still try to restrain.

- It isn’t true… I don’t love her.

- You cheat on her?

- I…

- Wasn’t that you who said a person shouldn’t make fun of other’s love? Is it true you are sincere and faithful as you said?

- I… I didn’t want to take advantage of her. I told her that we can be friend only. The one I love is you!

- Hyung ah…huhu… Don’t say so… I know… You say so just for comforting me. I will be soon better… Huhu…

- No! I’m telling you the truth… I love you actually... Please believe me!

- Hyung! – Pitifully, I look deeply into his eyes – I know, you are a good person… a good hyung… Your stupid dongsaeng…huhu…will try to handle this love…

-  Min Woo ah, don’t you believe me? Have I ever cheated you?

- Never? Are you sure?

- Ah… I… Just because of…

I push him away. Wipe tears.

- Don’t say anything more! Hyung, I will bring you a glass of water. Sit here and wait for me!

I quickly get out of the room and come into the water closet. Burst out laughing. My prince is so stupid. It is really funny because I can retaliate upon him.  How dare he think little of me? Every time thinking of that strawberry bottle, my face becomes redder and hotter. Even in the dream, I never think that he can think somber thought like that.

Slightly opening the door, I look into the room where he is still waiting for me worriedly. He continuously stands up and then sits down. I am sure that he landed in an embarrassing situation. He loves me so why didn’t he tell me earlier? If only he had told me, we could have been happy and Nana wouldn’t been hurt. This is the prize he must pay for his timidity…

I decide to go back.

- Hyung! – I place a glass into his hand.

- What’s this?

- Strawberry juice – I smile cutely - Drink it!

He also smiles.

- Is this wine delicious?

I place the bottle of wine, which he drank yesterday, on the table.

" Phutttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!" - He can't stop himself from gushing wine out and coughing.

--------------------------------------end chap 4 --------------------

You had already known the reason, right?