Busted!

The Miniature Trap

“Wow, so this is where you study,” Sungmin had his mouth open as he looked around Kyuhyun’s campus. He was in his backpack, and using a little hole in it, he tried to see everything with his limited view. “Big as usual.”

“Duh, you’re small, so everything will be big for you,” Kyuhyun smirked as he tucked his backpack nearer to his back. “Don’t be too loud or people might see you.”

Sungmin pouted as he sat above Kyuhyun’s physics book piled in his bag. “I thought I could get a chance to enjoy myself in your world. I thought wrongly.”

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun smirked as he went to his classroom. “You know us humans. We are too scared about things which are not even existing. We believe in supernatural things even though we are not really sure about their existence.”

“But you are sure that I am existing,” Sungmin commented.

“And ironically, when I say that I see something like you, then I’ll be accused insane, or a person who is out of his mind. Humans are like that,” Kyuhyun continued to walk slowly until he got to his seat in his classroom. He was seated on the back near the window, so he could freely do what he wanted. He put his bag on his desk and opened it to see Sungmin who was at that time lying down. “I’m sorry.”

“You should be!” Sungmin shouted. Good thing no one was still inside, so no one could actually hear him. “Did you forget that I am still in your bag?”

“I’m sorry, okay,” Kyuhyun asked forgiveness as he helped Sungmin out. “It’ll never happen again.”

“Okay,” Sungmin went out from Kyuhyun’s bag and looked around. “So this is a classroom.”

“Yes,” Kyuhyun answered.

“It’s like the courtroom in the palace,” Sungmin compared. “The only difference is there are chairs and tables in the whole room. We only had one long table and several chairs surrounding it. Fascinating.”

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked coldly. “Nothing is fascinating.”

“You are so pessimistic,” Sungmin crossed his arms over each other and tucked them on his chest. He sat on Kyuhyun’s backpack. “Of course, for someone like me, I’ll really be happy to see something for the first time-”

“And I was getting used to it,” Kyuhyun cut Sungmin. “I hate everything about school. The professors, the students. Anything. Anyone.”

Sungmin’s eyebrows met. “Oh, maybe... this is my mission. I have to make you appreciate everything and everyone.”

“School, I don’t need to be here anymore,” Kyuhyun ranted. “I want to stay at home at least every day. Every time.”

“So you’re a home buddy,” Sungmin stood and walked on his desk. “But I am really curious. If you don’t want school, why are you still here? Why do you go here every day?”

Kyuhyun looked away from him and stared at the window. “It’s none of your business.”

“Maybe it is,” Sungmin sighed and returned inside Kyuhyun’s bag. “I have a feeling that someone is coming. So I think I must hide now.”

“Good idea,” Kyuhyun whispered.

And Sungmin wasn’t wrong. Someone came. It was Kangin, his bestfriend.

“Woah, Cho Kyuhyun, you are so early,” Kangin blabbered as he sat on his chair in front of Kyuhyun’s desk and faced the latter. “I wonder why. No,  actually, I don’t wonder why.”

Kangin showed a big grin on his face. Kangin, who was one year older than Kyuhyun, was an eighteen year old guy. He has been his classmate since they were in kindergarten. Kyuhyun wasn’t that friendly, but Kangin was, so he befriended Kyuhyun. When he did that, Kangin received a cold attitude from Kyuhyun. One time, Kyuhyun got hurt from a P.E. class, so Kangin helped him and then on, they became good friends.

Kangin was sort of a bully, although he was a sweet guy. He would always be involved in fights, that was why their classmates were afraid of him. But then, Kangin was still loved by many, and he was kind of popular in girls.

“Shut up, Kangin,” Kyuhyun sighed as he looked at his backpack. Sungmin was peeking and was trying to get out again.

Sungmin tried to see Kangin using the hole on Kyuhyun’s backpack, but Kyuhyun got the bag and placed it beside the table. He gasped and hissed.

He saw his necklace blinking. He didn’t know why, so maybe Kangin was the real person who was needed for his mission. But he could just say it to Kyuhyun – he would surely not believe him. So he had to find a way to reveal himself to Kangin too.

“Can you lend me your assignment?” Kangin asked. Kyuhyun sighed heavily again as opened his bag. He was about to get the notebook when he remembered that Sungmin was still there and Kangin might see him. He would surely be shocked that he was apparently hiding a dwarf or something inside his bag. He returned the notebook and closed his bag.

“No, I won’t,” Kyuhyun said and looked away. Kangin glared at him.

“If that’s so, I’ll forcibly get your assignments from you,” Kangin grabbed the bag, and Kyuhyun got startled. He tried to retrieve the bag, but Kangin was so strong. Kangin grabbed his notebooks and placed them on his desk. Kyuhyun looked frantically for Sungmin in his bag which was still on Kangin’s hand. Kangin looked inside the bag and his face looked so shocked about something which he saw. “Oh my gosh, what is this?”

Kyuhyun’s heart beat faster as he waited for Kangin to shout that he saw a small human.

“Why is my calculator here? My gosh, I guess, I left it. Thanks Kyu for getting it,” Kangin smiled as he got the calculator and returned the bag to Kyuhyun. He turned around and started copying his assignments. Kyuhyun hurriedly looked inside the bag to see Sungmin but the latter could not be found.

“S-Sungmin? S-Sungmin?” Kyuhyun whispered while looking everywhere in his bag.

“Why are you finding something inside your bag?” Kangin asked when he noticed that Kyuhyun was still finding something inside his bag. “Don’t worry, I didn’t get anything from that except for the calculator and your assignments.”

Kyuhyun continued to find Sungmin, but he wasn’t inside the bag. “When you look inside my bag, did you find something weird, Kangin?” Kyuhyun asked.

Kangin faced him and told him that he didn’t see anything unusual. “Nothing. Why? Are you hiding something?”

“N-No, no, not at all,” Kyuhyun nervously negated. “Please return them when you’re done. I am going to the washroom first.”

Getting his bag, he went to the washroom and went inside a cubicle to find Sungmin inside the bag, but he didn’t see him even when he put out every stuff in it. He sighed as he felt sad because Sungmin was gone.

It has only been a night since we first met each other, and then he is already gone without saying goodbyes too. Maybe he was really an imagination, Kyuhyun fixed his things and went back to the classroom and sat on his chair. Or at least he found time to say goodbye to me.

“I’m finished,” Kangin said and returned his assignments to Kyuhyun. He noticed that Kyuhyun somehow got sadder than usual. “Hey, what’s with you? You were fine a while ago.”

“It’s nothing,” Kyuhyun mumbled.

All throughout the class, he was just thinking about Sungmin’s sudden departure. Maybe he was regretting that he could have treated him better at least. Or he could have given him something to eat on his way home.

On the other part, he was thinking that it was an extraordinary experience and it would be better if he would experience it more than a day.

When the classes were over, he went directly at home, convincing himself that everything was just really his imagination. But he couldn’t believe that it was just imagination, because he saw Sungmin, talked to him, ate with him and . He sighed as he lie down on his bed thinking why Sungmin left him, and why Sungmin left without informing him.

“Aish, Cho Kyuhyun, don’t be too depressed over something which does not really exist. Maybe he was just your imagination,” He calmed himself. But still, his heart was feeling deep regrets that he did not even treat Sungmin nicely enough. “Maybe he was mad at me because I forced him to go inside my bag. Well, no, I didn’t force him to go inside the bag. Maybe he was mad at me because I didn’t let him see Kangin. Maybe I should let him see Kangin. Kangin is my bestfriend, he must know about this. At least, if two of us know about Sungmin, then I can say that Sungmin isn’t only an imagination.”

Kyuhyun sat down on his bed thinking about calling Kangin and narrating his experience. He was supposed to be getting his phone to dial Kangin’s number but then it had rung before he had the chance to dial Kangin’s number.

“Hello?”

“Kyuhyun! T-There is a dwarf in my bag!”

***