prologue

Ethereal

It was windy that day. Tons of leaves were flying around, and it certainly annoyed the charming young man. Aside from being windy, he was also followed by tons of girls. Peace never really existed for him but that was before he met her.

 The young man found the library which not much students visit every Monday, quietly and carefully, he opened the door and saw no one’s presence.

“New hideout found!” He muttered under his breath as he placed himself on one of the dusty chairs.

Few minutes later, he hears a girl crying inside the library. He bit his lower lip and looked around, “A ghost…?”

“Ahh. Why does this story end like this?”

“I shouldn’t be crying alone…But I have no choice…”

He hears soft whispers behind the shelf where his chair is situated near at. Making sure he doesn’t make some noise, he slowly peeks around the corner and sees a girl with long black hair holding a book entitled ‘Where the red fern grows by Wilson Rawls’.

She then turns around, revealing her innocent and pretty face. Fortunately, the young man wasn’t found out. He goes to one corner of the other shelf to hide as the girl passed by.

Upon hearing the door close, he finally heaves out a sigh of relief.

Curious of the book that made the girl cry, he went to the shelf where the girl placed the book she just finished reading and decided to give it a try. He sat on the dusty chair, as he flipped and read the words on the pages slowly.

He wasn’t the type to cry on movies or stories, but this book was a total exception. Somehow, he felt like the soul of that girl entered him and made him cry like a baby.

And pretty sure if his friends knew that he was crying because of this silly book, he’ll be a laughing stock.

He was indeed a fast reader, though he had finished reading, tears couldn’t stop falling from his eyes. “Thank you miss. This book is a good suggestion, really.”

As soon as his tears stopped, he made his way out of the library, and once again sees the girl. She was sleeping on of the school benches.

“Tsk.” He blinks his eyes for a few times before approaching the sleeping girl. He leans closer to her and reads her name on her identification plate. Chu Gaeul