Little Lamb & Big bad wolf

The Day He Turned Straight

The kiss she gave Taemin felt weird. It was like kissing a brother she didn’t have. To put it more simply, kissing will be out of the question the next time she does something as crazy as this one.

She ended the night with a kiss. She went home knowing that Minho was certainly interested with her new friend, Taemin.

Hasun was satisfied with her discoveries from the previous night. It sent a happy grin on her face as she stretched out of her king-sized bed and went to her kitchen to have some breakfast before she went to work.

Being a part-owner has its perks. In addition to that, she was close friends with her partner, Victoria Song. 

She hadn’t lost touch with her best friend from high school. In fact, they were in constant contact with each other. During those years away from each other while they were in college, Victoria discovered her interest in design especially in photography while Hasun continued to express herself in art and made a hobby of creating her own accessories. Her best friend, Victoria, was the one who suggested that she make a business out of it.

It thrived and became a steady source of income while she continued to pursue her degree in art.

When she graduated, Victoria suggested that they pair up and formally start their own business.

Victoria ended up in charge of promoting her designs while she continued creating unique pieces that appeal to different types of crowds.

Hasun’s creations are not always appealing to the large market. Some of her designs border from edgy to unusual. She creates themes from time to time and even accepts special requests from customers.

So far, in the three years since they started the business, it was thriving well.

Coffee and pancakes filled her stomach and in less than an hour, she arrived in her small studio not far from her apartment.

“Good Morning.” She greeted as she entered.

Other than her best friend, she hired a couple of employees that were Victoria’s close friends from her college days.

Amber, a pretty woman despite her boyish appearance greeted her with a smile before returning her gaze on her computer screen. She was the one that settles everything related to online networking.

Their little store has expanded greatly to online consumers ever since they hired the talented woman.

“Good morning Hasun, looking great this morning.” Sulli, the pretty secretary, smiled as Hasun passed by her desk.

It was truly a good day for her. Because of her encounter with the pretty Taemin, she had been inspired to create a new piece.

It would be a bracelet piece for men. More specifically, the new piece will cater to men like Taemin. Delicate.

Just thinking about it had made Hasun on the edge of her seat. It wouldn’t probably make sense on other people but that’s how she felt whenever an inspiration blooms inside her.

She immediately grabbed her sketchpad and pen to start on her new project.

Meeting Taemin at the bar was the highlight of her return to Korea.

It has been exactly three days since she last saw her new friend.

She would have meet with him the next day but she still had a life outside the bar. Hasun apologized with a phone call. Taemin was fine and admitted that he was unavailable as well.

Hasun managed to complete the new piece by lunchtime. No one dared disturbed her during her sketching. Even Victoria, who had arrived a few minutes after she started drawing, didn’t. They knew all too well what happens when she’s disturbed.

A content smile was on her face when she finished. She approached Victoria who was on her office and showed the new design.

Victoria raised a brow with simple smile. “A male piece? You rarely venture on delicate designs like these for men.” She examined the sketch further. “It might actually work with the right strategy. Do you want to do the prototype or should I get Krystal or Luna to do it?”

“I’ll do it myself. I want to give one to a new friend of mine.”Hasun couldn’t wait to give it to Taemin. She definitely liked him.

“A male friend?! Now that is a surprise. Since when did you have time for new friends?”She looked away from the paper and looked at her friend in total surprise.

Hasun chuckled and smirked. “It’s a long story.”

“You’re not going to share are you?” Victoria already guessed. Her friend, Hasun, became secretive ever since she went to Japan. She had rarely told her stories about her new life. They only talked about the safe topics.

Still, she would still consider herself as Hasun’s best friend. They had survived through thick and thin with this business.

 “You know me too well.” Hasun snatched her sketchbook from Victoria’s hands and settled them on her lap as she settled comfortable on the edge of her friend’s work table.  “Plus, you shouldn’t be too curious about men since you’re almost hitched with that handsome man.”

Victoria pinched her on the arm. She yelped and grinned. “I do have to thank you for pushing us together on that fateful day.”

“He’s a lucky bastard.”Hasun approved.

“Speaking of my lucky bastard, he wanted to invite you to have dinner with us. He wants to introduce a good friend of his to you.”

It earned Victoria an exasperated sigh from her friend. Hasun rolled her eyes and groaned as if she was physically in pain. “Doesn’t he get tired of setting me up with men?! You’re fiancé does know that I don’t swing that way? Doesn’t he?!”

Victoria had the decency to be apologetic in behalf of her fiancé. “Nichkhun’s just looking out for you. He just doesn’t believe that you’re going to be the way you are forever.”

“You mean a woman who prefers women?”She rolled her eyes. Hasun crossed her arms and sometimes regret letting Nichkhun make a move on her friend back in high school. This was one of the times she had regret that choice. On the other occasions, he adores the guy. He was the best man she could ever hope for Victoria. The two are a match made in heaven.

Her beautiful friend slowly nodded. “You know him well Hasun. He has this weird sense of obligation over you.”

“Remind me again why I let him date you?”She stood up and ruffled her hair in irritation.

“Because you love and want me to be happy.” Victoria smiled sweetly at her.

She admitted defeat at her friend’s smile. “Yeah. I love and as much as I want to join you guys for dinner minus the set up date, I have already agreed to meet someone tonight.” She lied.

“Ah…” Her friend nodded in understanding. “The inspiration for this new bracelet, am I correct?”

“Bingo.”

“Well then, you better make that new design to life and make two sets; One for the girls to recreate and the other for your new friend.”Hasun’s friend shooed her away in which she did gladly.

Hasun liked the end product and presented it to her co-workers. They liked the end product and agreed to mass produce the new piece. All of them agreed to produce 100 pieces for the first batch and see where it would lead.

Hasun finished two sets of the bracelet just in time. She put the spare copy in a box and brought it along with her to the bar.

She had left a message for Taemin to meet her there.

Hasun was a little jittery. It made her smile a little. When she thought about it, it had been years since she last made something for someone.

The last one was…

That small smile was transformed into a bitter one.

She doesn’t one to remember.

To remember…

To admit…

Hasun didn’t to feel that kind of pain again.

She shook her head, forcing herself to think of other thoughts. She held on to the idea of playing with her new friend.

The small smile was back again.

She managed to push the sad thought in the corner of her heart and concentrated on her schemes.

Minho will be making his move tonight, she thought. She was going to make sure that it will happen.

Taemin deserves his fairytale story.

Scratch that. Hasun wanted at the very least for Taemin to have some sort of a good memory with this Minho guy.

Before she entered the bar, she ruffled her hair. It was a habit she had developed whenever she was nervous.

It was silly. There was nothing to be nervous about. She wasn’t even the one who’ll be catching a date tonight. Hasun promised herself to make Taemin’s dream come true and that was her mission for tonight.

Hasun arrived earlier than Taemin. Like the last time she went, there seem to be a fair number of people in the bar.

A faint scent of alcohol was in the air. She didn’t mind the smell. Over the years of visiting bars, Secret haven has been far more pleasant than some of the others she had gone to.

She settled by the bar and ordered Sangria, a drink that was made from red wine, gin, oranges and lime. Hasun liked fruity drinks and a little booze.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6BIp0xl5ioU3X5jPTjku

 

While waiting for Taemin, her eyes watched the other patrons enjoying themselves. Some were alone like her but they were either lost in their thoughts or just content with their drinks.

She also spotted Minho’s friends who seemed to be looking back in her direction. Minho was not there.

Thinking back that other night, she probably made an impression. She flirted with their friend and suddenly kissed Taemin soon after. Her lips lifted up and she laughed a little at her own craziness.

A playful idea came in her mind and she acted it out on a whim. Hasun raised her drink at their direction and winked.

One of them grinned back uneasily and then turned his back to her as if he was flustered. She could bet that he really did.

The achievement entertained her until Taemin came into the bar, breathless.

“Sorry noona. I got help up.”He said between his breaths.

Taemin sat on the stool beside her and leaned his head on the cold counter.

Hasun patted him on the back and ordered him a refreshing drink. “It’s fine.”

“Sorry.”He continued to apologize.

She slightly smacked the young man and pressed the newly ordered drink on his face. “Stop with the apologies and drink this before you pass out.”

Taemin sheepishly smiled and forced himself to sit up. He gratefully accepted the drink and sipped happily. His eyes automatically wandered.

Hasun noticed it. “He’s still not with his friends little lamb.” She teased.

He blushed easily and turned his gaze on the floor. “You’re embarrassing.” He muttered under his breath.

She laughed upon hearing his hushed words. “You have to get used to it. I’m helping you.”She gave him a lit pat on the head as if he was her pet.

This made Taemin’s skin show with a little more color.

“You’re just too cute Taemin-ah.” She gushed a bit.

Her friend choked a bit on his drink and raised a brow at her. “I’m not cute!”He protested weakly.

“Okay. You’re not cute.”She rolled her eyes before teasing him again. “You’re pretty.”

Taemin groaned in frustration and glared at her. “I’m a man for crying out loud!”

Hasun used this opportunity to appease Taemin by giving her the bracelet she made. “A little gift for my baby Taemin.”

He was a little caught off guard that he didn’t comment on the baby word as he saw the little box presented in front of him.

“A gift?”

“I made this while keeping you in mind. It won’t be in the market until a month from now.”Hasun nervously told him. It was weird. They have only known each other recently and yet she was giving him a gift.

They didn’t speak for a moment until Hasun chickened out and decided to take the gift back. “This is embarrassing. I shouldn’t have given you the stupid gift.”

Before she could even touch the box, Taemin slapped her hands away. “No take backs. This is mine.”

She looked at him for a second, surprised at his protective gesture at her unopened gift. Hasun was touched.

His hands shook a bit. He was curious what it was. Hasun said that it was made for him in which he couldn’t fathom why she would give him a gift.

He opened the box and he was presented with a bracelet. It was a thin leather band with a lock that was a handcuff design that he really liked. Multiple layers of thin leather black band and locked with a handcuff end was the final look of the new bracelet.

“Thank you.” He choked out.

It was Hasun’s turn to get embarrassed. She was filled with glee that Taemin liked her gift. “You kind of inspired me. You were kind of a for me and you were feminine. Despite that you still have the masculine feature in you. ”

At her explanation, Taemin didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. He was being told in the same sentence that he was stuck between looking like a woman and acting like a man.

In the end, he laughed and hugged Hasun impulsively. “You’re the only person I know that could pull such a sentence without offending me. You’re a weird one.”

Hasun laughed with him. “I know my little dongsaeng.”

The pair didn’t notice that Minho finally arrived and saw the whole exchange. The only problem was that he didn’t hear what they were talking about.

They were lost in their little world until a tap on the shoulder forced them to break apart.

“Yes?”Hasun looked up with a neutral yet polite expression.

Her reaction didn’t betray her surprise when she saw that Taemin’s dearest fantasy was talking to her.

Minho looked handsome as the other night. He didn’t don an expensive suit and wore something more casual. The effect was just as devastating as his other look. If Hasun was into man, she was going to drool for this one.

On the other hand, Taemin was beet red. He looked like he would faint any minute just at the close proximity of Minho.

Hasun wanted to smirk but she wanted to see where this would lead to.

“I’m sorry to intrude but I fear that you’re crossing someone else’s territory.” It was polite but there was a threat underneath.

This handsome man knew who to attack. He knew that Taemin was no dominant in a relationship and she was the one taking charge. Minho wasn’t afraid to take what he wants. He knew that the little lamb was interested.

Other people would have given up Taemin immediately. Hasun was not like them. She wanted to see what Minho would do for Taemin.

“Oh?” She feigned innocence. “I don’t think so. My friend here is just having a nice conversation with me.”She reached for Taemin’s hand.

She reached for the box and took the bracelet inside and put it on her friend’s wrist.

“It really looks good on you Taemin-ah.”She said sweetly.

In her mind, she was laughing. She was taking in the subtle glare Minho was giving her. She was challenging the man, waiting for his next move.

Taemin just sat there. Confused at what was happening like a lost little lamb.“Noona?”

Hasun noticed something changed in Minho when he heard Taemin’s soft voice. There was triumph.

She fully grinned when that a winning smile was plastered on Minho’s beautiful face.

No need for words. Minho sprang into action and circled his arm around Taemin’s waist, making the younger stand up. He closed their distance and all of a sudden, his lips were pressed on Taemin’s.

Victory.

Taemin didn’t have time to close his eyes but when he had finally realized that it wasn’t a dream, he gave in to desire an opened his mouth, letting him in. The younger man’s arms were wrapped around the older’s neck, bringing them closer.

Minho’s friends’ jaws almost fell on the floor at the display.

It was definitely steamy and Hasun couldn’t stop herself from laughing at the result.

Minho stopped kissing Taemin and looked her questioningly.

Taemin was dazed as ever.

“I told you my dear Taemin… He definitely likes you.”

“Huh?”

 

Taemin shyly stepped away from Minho and looked the ground. His actions finally sunk into him, making him more adorable.

Minho was still confused and let Taemin move away and faced her for an explanation.

She was grinning and looked happy. There wasn’t even an ounce of surprise on her face.

The handsome fellow couldn’t think why.“I don’t get it.”

“I think it’s better if we talk about it on your table perhaps?”Hasun smiled politely.

Minho nodded his head and gestured towards their table. He grabbed Taemin’s hand and kissed it lightly before ushering him towards the table as well.

Hasun waited for everyone to settle down before she reveals the truth.

Her friend was still flustered and was sitting beside Minho.

Minho’s other friends were looking at her, confused like their friend.

She rolled her eyes at them and crossed her arms. “Slow.”She commented.

“As you can see, I’m not surprised with Taemin and Minho.”Her hands gestured to the new couple.

“I just met Taemin that same night and noticed your handsome friend like my little new friend. The feeling was mutual and I just decided to speed up the process. These two were taking too long. They would be in their elderly years before they end up together.” She explained like it was the most natural thing to say.

Everyone was processing the words while Taemin was hiding on Minho’s chest. Minho was grinning like a fool now that he knew my story with Taemin. His friends on the other hand were still in their ‘not-moving phase’.

“That’s pure genius!”The goofy looking one grinned.

The other one raised his beer at her in salute. “Thank you for forcing Minho. As a friend, I had seen him battle his feelings.”

She shrugged. “No problem.”

Hasun came to know Minho’s friends after clearing things up. The weird goofy guy was Jinki who prefers to be called Onew for some reason while the other one was Jonghyun.

The Jonghyun guy was a little familiar but with his name, it was common for him to be mistaken for someone else.

She didn’t pay any attention to it.

She found herself having fun with people she just met. They were all entertaining. She had found the new couple, Taemin and Minho, sweet and a little nauseating. But as a friend, she endured.

Hasun was her conversation with the other two guys when another one came.

 “Hey guys! What did I say about having fun without me?!”

Hasun’s ears perked and her heart lurched uneasily. Her head turned towards the owner of the voice.

She was smiling at that time when she saw the face that had her smile transformed into a thin line.

The man didn’t seem to notice her at first but when his eyes landed on her face, the same jolly expression vanished.

“Hasun.”He called her name as if he had lost his breath.

“Ah...” she paused softly. She turned to the man named Jonghyun and smiled a smile that did not reach her eyes.“Now, I remember who you are.”

Jonghyun.

The same man that took her heart away from her.

Her heart.

Key.

Jonghyun and Key.


It took me forever to write this but hopefully 

your questions are answered.

What will happen next?

You'll find out^^

I appreciate all the love and support !

Thanks for reading my little lambs^^