Sad smiles

When will it end?

Sooyoung's POV

 
"You should have seen everyone's face when you ran out of the room, Soo" Dara said laughing with Minzy and CL.
 
I glared at them, even if they couldn't see my eyes.
 
"Glaring at us, doesn't scare us Soo~" CL teased. I ignored her and continued to eat.
 
"How was the class, Soo?" Yuri, my cousin asked.
 
I shrugged my shoulders. "It was pretty boring...but there was an interesting thing though..."
 
"Oooh~ What?" Taeyeon, my older sister, asked as she leaned forward.
 
"Not telling~" I stuck my tongue at her and started to eat again.
 
I could feel eyes on us, so I looked around the cafeteria to see if anyone was looking at us. Sure enough, I was certain half of the people in the cafeteria was staring at us. I frowned.
 
"Guys, can we go to our private room?" I asked with irritation all over my voice.
 
"Chill Soo~ you should be used to this already..." Minzy said as she ate her food.
 
"Well, I'm not! I'm so uncomfortable with people always staring at me!" 
 
"Fix your bangs, maybe they'll stop staring~" Bom said as she joined into the conversation while eating her corn.
 
"Bom...Don't you think that'll make people notice her more?" Yuri said to her. 
 
Bom sheepishly smiled. "Hehe, Just kidding~" 
 
I scoffed as I looked at our table...I noticed that our group wasn't complete. I looked at everyone, trying to think of who was missing. All of them looked at me like they knew what I was doing and they started to giggle. 
 
Tae-unnie, Yul-unnie, Minzy, Bom, Dara, and CL...Six people were missing.
 
"Tae-unnie?" I asked as I took a break from eating.
 
"Hyoyeon went with Nicole somewhere an hour ago and-" She said as she knew what I was going to ask.
 
"-Jessica is at her sister's school, Hyomin and Sunny decided to have lunch without us, and Seohyun is in the library." Yuri finished  for Taeyeon. Taeyeon glared at Yuri for interrupting. Yuri just shrugged like she didn'g care.
 
I put the last bite of my food into my mouth and I looked around the cafeteria. I saw everyone trying to avoid my gaze after realizing that I caught them staring at us, again. 
 
But...
 
One person staring caught my attention.
 
The girl from the roof...
 
She looked away when I caught her staring. 
 
"Interested in someone?" Yuri asked as she leaned closer to me. I looked away from the girl that caught my attention.
 
I pushed Yuri away. "I don't know, but the girl over there is weird..."
 
"That narrows it down...to the whole school~" Taeyeon said with sarcasm. I ignored her. 
 
"Come on Soo, be more specific." Minzy said as she took a spoonful of rice into .
 
"The new girl...uh...um...What was her name?"
 
Dara giggled and answered, "Yoona, I thought you would remember since you sit next to her~"
 
"Where is she?" Yuri asked.
 
"Why?" I asked as I turned to Yuri.
 
"Because, I wanna know what type of girl catches your attention~" Yuri said.
 
I pointed at the new girl, who looked surprised that I pointed at her. Taeyeon slapped my hand down.
 
"Don't point, it's rude!" Taeyeon scolded. I frowned and continued to eat, but as I ate a spoonful, I caught Yoona turning to her friend, who waved to our direction with a cute eye-smile. 
 
"Oh! it's Tiffany!" Bom waved back. 
 
"The eye-smiling girl is sort of cute..." Taeyeon said as she smiled and waved too. I smirked, even though they were a bit far away, I could see her blushing about Taeyeon's smile.
 
"Ah~ She looks pretty~" Yuri commented.
 
"Who are you talking about?" Dara asked Yuri.
 
"The Yoona girl..." Yuri answered.
 
"Yeah, she does~ Soo, I thought you said you wouldn't like anyone anymore?" Taeyeon said.
 
"I did." I shortly replied. Taeyeon pouted, which caused me to flick her forehead.
 
"Ow! Soo, I'm still you're unnie!! You should be more respectful!" Taeyeon tried to scold me, but she knows it never works.
 
"Then stop pouting." I replied shortly again. She sighed. 
 
"Then how come you like her?" Yuri asked teasingly. Yuri was disappointed that what she said didn't faze me. She probably thought I would blush or something. 
 
"I don't...just because she caught my attention, does not mean I like her." I said as I finished my food. 
 
"Did she catch your attention because she's pretty?" Bom joined in the conversation after finishing her corn.
 
"No." I replied. I looked over at Yuri and Taeyeon. They seemed frustrated that I've been answering all their questions with short replies.
 
"Then how?!?" Yuri asked as she leaned closer.
 
"How, what?" I leaned back on my chair. 
 
"How'd she catch your attention?!" Taeyeon asked impatiently.
 
"We met on the roof..." I said.
 
"Why?" Yuri looked puzzled.
 
"I think, she was running from her fans, and she somehow ended up on the rooftop." I shrugged my shoulders.
 
"Are you sure you don't like her?" Minzy questioned as the rest of the table looked at me.
 
I frowned at them. "I already said no...plus I'm not gay like you guys." I said calmly. The group pouted at my answer. 
 
"Is being gay bad?" Yuri asked worriedly. I shook my head. 
 
"No, I never said it was bad,..I only said I'm not gay..." I reassured her. There was a rare awkward silence at our group table, but someone decided to break it. 
 
"Do you ever think of liking someone again?" Bom asked innocetly. CL glared at her as she looked at my reaction. I calmly stood up.
 
"Where are you going?" Taeyeon and Yuri asked at the same time with a worried expression.
 
I slightly smiled at them, because they were worried for me. "Where else? The roof, of course." I said.
 
"What about class?" Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at me.
 
"The class they put us into has history next, I know the past well, so I don't want to sit in a desk and listen to some teacher talk about what happened before this century...Don't worry, I'll come to the next class after history." I left without hearing what Yuri said.
 
Author's POV
 
Yuri shook her head as she slightly smiled. "Hey, at least she gave us a smile."
 
Suddenly...
 
PAK!
 
"Ow!!! Dara!?!" Bom whined. CL and Taeyeon just rolled their eyes at the fraternal Park twins' arguing..
 
"Why did you have to ask?" Dara scolded Bom. Minzy just giggled as the Park sisters argued.
 
"But seriously, Do you think Soo can start liking someone again?" Bom asked in a more serious matter.
 
"I'm not sure...She's too stubborn, but Soo can't stay single forever, I know that for sure." Taeyeon said as a smile formed on her face, thinking of the old Sooyoung. The rest of the group started smiling sadly, thinking of the same thing. 
 
Across the cafeteria, Yoona and Tiffany watched as the scene played out. They saw Sooyoung leave, and the Park sisters fight and they saw the group's sad smiles. 
 
"Tiff, they look sad.....do you know why?" Yoona asked as she looked at Tiffany. 
 
Tiffany pulled her eyes away from a certain midget to look back at Yoona. "No...They're usually all cheerful looking, excluding Sooyoung...but seeing them with sad smiles isn't new, it's only whenever Sooyoung walks out on them, is when they end up sort of sad..." Tiffany explained.
 
"How long have they known each other?" Yoona asked curiously. 
 
"I'm not sure, because the whole Class-A group transferred from another school, and I heard that they all transferred so their group, wouldn't be broken apart...but I heard that they've known each other since elementary school." 
 
"Oh...Really?" Yoona was once again interested about the group.
 
"Yeah...Also, I heard that Sooyoung wasn't always that way..." Tiffany whispered.
 
"Why are you whispering?" Yoona raised an eyebrow at her.
 
She shrugged. "Only I know this information..."
 
"What? How?"
 
"One of the Class-A students is my friend, her name is Jessica and she told me to keep it a secret, but she said I could only one person that I truly trust. Since you're not like the other girls here, I know I can trust you." Tiffany said confidently.
 
Yoona smiled thankfully. "Thanks...But about Sooyoung...What do you mean she wasn't always that way?" She went back to being curious.
 
"Jessica didn't tell me, she said she that Sooyoung doesn't want anyone to know...And I respected Jessica loyal decision...Hey, Why did Sooyoung point at you?" Tiffany curiously asked. Tiffany knew as well as everyone else that Sooyoung didn't even take a second glance at anyone out of the Class-A group. 
 
"She must've have been talking about what happened in the morning..." Yoona answered as she blushed.
 
"In the morning, you were late...What happened?" Tiffany asked.
 
"Well...I was being chased again, and somehow I ended up on the rooftop...and coincidently Sooyoung was there..." Yoona explained.
 
Tiffany giggled. "It's not coincidence, everyone knows that Sooyoung stays up there..."
 
"Yah! I didn't know!" Yoona whined.
 
"Well, too bad~" Tiffany stuck her tongue out. 
 
-Ding Dong-
 
"Ugh...Time for history..." Yoona complained.
 
"I love history~ Let's go~" Tiffany happily threw Yoona's thrash and her own. She grabbed Yoona's wrist and began to drag her to class.
 
"Ughh...Tiff~" Yoona whined as she was dragged. 
 
Back to Class-A's Table
 
Dara and Bom was in another argument, until someone started to get a annoyed. "Come on, you two!" CL took hold of Dara's and Bom's ears and started to drag them both to class.
 
"Ow, Ow! CL! Let go!!" The Park sisters argued. The rest of the group stared at the three's actions and laughed as they shook their heads. Taeyeon and Yuri stood up and left to go to their class and Minzy followed the three. 
 
"Fine." CL agreed. When they got to the cafeteria doors, CL dragged them in front of her and let go of their ears. Instead of pulling them by their ears, she started to push them. Minzy started to laugh.
 
"Stop it~" Dara whined.
 
"Stop pushing us!!!" Bom complained.
 
"If you be quiet for the whole day, I'll be nicer." CL tried to make a deal with them. The Park twins pouted because they know that they won't last the whole day. They both looked at Minzy, who raised her hands in the air and gave them a I'm-not-going-help-you-this-time look. They both sighed as they turned their attention back to CL.
 
"How about just the rest of the time in school?" Bom suggested. Dara clapped her hands happily and nodded in agreement. CL sighed as she reluctantly agreed. 
 
"Not one word, unless the teacher asks you to talk, okay?" CL said sternly.
 
Bom and Dara exchanges glances and smiled. They raised their fist and mouthed 'Hwaiting' to each other. CL shook her head and told the sisters to start walking. Minzy walked up to CL's side. 
 
On the rooftop
 
"Will I like someone again?" Sooyoung asked herself out loud. She never thought of liking anyone again, after what happen in the past. Sooyoung scoffed and shook her head. 
 
"I guess I can't stay single forever..." She looked up at the sky and admired the beautiful weather. 


If you noticed, I changed the Foreword and Chapter 1 a bit. This chapter might be a bit boring, so I'm sorry. If it was confusing in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask! ^_^ 

 
Bye bye~ 
 
Ah!! I LOVE snsd, but I love 2ne1 as much them and I seriously CANNOT wait for their Running Man episode!!! They barely make variety show appearances!!!! >_< 
 
Okay~ I'm done... Sorry... I'll update when I can...
 
Bye~ ❤