Outlaws Of Love: Chapter One

Outlaws Of Love

Taeyeon's POV

Everyone says that love is hard, but no one ever said love would be this hard. What's the point of loving someone so much and having them love you back but you couldn't be together? Why couldn't you make them yours? Why couldn't I be with her? Why does everyone say that this kind of love...is wrong? What is so wrong about loving someone of the same gender? I don't understand. Isn't being happy the most important thing when being in love and in a relationship with someone? Well, she makes me smile, she makes me feel loved. I want to be able to show everyone my prized possession, the person whom I treasure most but I'm not able to just because we're afraid...

But regardless, I will never let her go. I would do anything for her.

End of POV

 

There's always a first time for something, anything. It could be first friend, first toy, first crush or even fight. For these two girls, it started from them being each other's first best friend.

Taeyeon was a regular student at a normal co-ed school. She was outgoing and friendly, she's friends with everyone. She had friends, good friends and even close friends but there was none who she would willingly say that he or she was her most special friend ever. During her freshmen year in school, all the girls she befriended would check out all the senior guys from their school, always talking about them, always trying to make them notice their presence but Taeyeon never felt like those boys were that special to be with. Yes, they were good looking and everything but non of them managed to make her heart flutter. 

 

The next year, all her friends started dating, had their first dates and first kiss but Taeyeon still hasn't done all those. One day during lunch break, Taeyeon and some of her friends stayed in their class. The girls were boasting about their boyfriends and such, Taeyeon just ignored them, focusing her attention to her Mathematics book "Taeyeon, I think you're weird. Don't you have any interests in guys at all?" one of her classmates asked. Taeyeon looked up and looked at her.

"I just don't think it's the right time yet..." Taeyeon answered and started to do her work again. All the other girls shook their heads in disbelief. 

"It's time to start Taeyeon ah, we are growing up." another friend said.

"Well...maybe I just haven't found somebody suitable yet?" Taeyeon said. Some of the girls snickered. Taeyeon despised that.

"Are you kidding me? There are so many boys in this school with different personalities that vary. Nice guys, bad boys, geeks, jerks, skinny, tall, muscular. All of them Tae, all." her friend tried to persuade.

"I just don't see anything special in them, I don't see the point in loving them." Taeyeon shrugged, starting to feel annoyed. Her friends gasped. Then, one of them asked her a question that made her somehow confused.

"Tae...could it be that you are...you know...ummm..." the girl stuttered. The other looked at her, eyes filled with curiousity.

"I'm what?" Taeyeon asked.

"You know, you swing the other way..."

"First you're talking about boys, now you're talking about swinging? Jinah, you're just as confusing as this Math question." Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

"Don't you ever watch movies or anything?!" Jinah said while feeling frustrated. "How could you not know anything about this kind of stuff? I give up on advising you."

"What Jinah was trying to say is, are you by any chance...lesbian..?" Jungah asked. The other girls gasped and move a little further from Taeyeon. Taeyeon raised her eyebrows.

"Les...bian?" she said. "What is that?"

"In other words, do you like girls instead of guys?" she asked timidly.

"I don't know...I have never loved a girl before much less a guy, I don't even know what love is." Taeyeon said. They all felt a little bit relieved. "Anyways, why is it wrong to love a girl or someone of the same gender?" Taeyeon asked, not seeing why it was wrong to love someone of the same gender. "Isn't loving someone a good thing?"

"Not that kind of love Tae, lesbian and gay love are wrong. Two women can't be together neither can two men." Jungah said.

"I still don't get it, what's the reason?" Taeyeon frowned. Jungah shook her head.

"It's a terrible sin Taeyeon, it just is. It's forbidden." Jungah gave her a simple explanation but Taeyeon wasn't satisfied. Deciding that she couldn't be bothered to respond and know why, Taeyeon nodded and started to do her work again.

"I'm not what they call lesbian or gay or anything but I don't see why it's wrong to be in love with the person of the same . Who cares...I'm not in love with neither anyway, why waste time bothering about it." Taeyeon thought to herself.

 

It was junior year, Taeyeon was still stuck in the same circle of friends. However, she had new classmates whom she was quite close to. 

"Hey Taeyeon, are you still not dating yet?" Jinah smirked. Taeyeon ignored her and talked to her friend Yuri.

"What's with that question?" Yuri asked Jinah.

"Well, Taeyeon here is growing older yet she doesn't do dating." Jinah teased, her girlfriends laughed.

"That's her problem isn't it, why are you so bothered about it?" Yuri rolled her eyes. Jinah scoffed and walked away.

"She sure is annoying," Sooyoung walked towards them.

"This is my third year being in the same class as her, do you feel my pain?" Taeyeon joked. Yuri and Sooyoung chuckled. Then, the teacher walked in.

"Alright, class, settle down. I have a two announcements to make. First things first, welcome back to school, you guys are now juniors~!" the class cheered and clapped their hands. "Secondly, we have a transfer student from America. Her Korean is a little bit rusty I must say but do welcome her warmly and help her around. Miss Hwang, please come in."

 

Taeyeon's POV

That moment when she walked into the class, my world became silent...the only thing I could feel is something flying around in my stomach. I didn't know what this feeling was. She outshined everyone. That was the moment I asked myself if I was straight or not but I didn't even realize that. I just found her so...captivating... After that day, I would look at her everytime she was around me and feel that funny feeling in my stomach all over again. The feeling was very new to me. I was confused but at the same time, I really liked it.

 

Tiffany Hwang walked in shyly. Every new kid will always feel nervous on their first day of school. There was a mixture of feelings. She didn't know what to expect, she was nervous yet excited to make new friends at the same time. Before greeting her new classmates, Tiffany showed them her best smile. A smile that was so rare and beautiful. Taeyeon gasped inwardly, feeling her heart tingle after she smiled. "Hello everyone, my name is Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. It's nice to meet all of you, I hope we can be great friends. Please take care of me well." she smiled wider. The class clapped for her. Taeyeon just stared at her, unknowingly hung open a little. Tiffany looked around the class and tried to memorize each and every face of her classmates. As she looked to the left side of the classroom, she saw a girl staring at her, agape. Tiffany blushed a little bit. No one has every looked at her like that. Tiffany took the few seconds to memorize her features until the teacher interupted her thoughts.

"Miss Hwang, you can have a seat at the table behind Jinah." the teacher pointed to Jinah's clique area.

"Yay~" Jinah cheered. "we have a new friend now." Taeyeon frowned. 

The bell rang, it was lunch break. Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Yuri got up from their seats. Being the friendly people they are, they decided to welcome Tiffany.

"Tiff, you can have lunch with us today and everyday." Jinah said. Tiffany felt like Jinah was trying to control her, Jinah didn't even ask for her opinion.

"Shouldn't you let her make her own decision?" a voice came from behind her. Tiffany looked at the girl, it was like she read her mind.

"Oh geez Taeyeon, I know you're the independent one who makes her own decision. Is it a crime to just make suggestion?" Jinah rolled her eyes.

"Suggestion? That sounded more like a rule." Yuri said.

"It's okay, she's just being nice..." Tiffany said softly. Anyone could hear the hint in her voice asking for help.

"You are so cool and understanding, Tiffany." Jinah smirked at the other gang like as if she won the small argument.

"Can you just shut it and go away, we just want to say hi to Tiffany. We didn't even intend to look at you, much less talk." Sooyoung said. Jinah frowned.

"Sit with us later if you want, later lesbians." Jinah left with her clique.

Yuri sat on the desk nearby while Sooyoung just shook her head. Taeyeon was in a daze again. She finally got to look at Tiffany closer and that fluttering feeling started again. 

"Is she the one for me? No Taeyeon, no, you don't know what love is." Taeyeon thought to herself. To avoid making Tiffany uncomfortable, Taeyeon started to introduce herself.

"Sorry for what you saw just now, it's just, Jinah and us don't see eye to eye. I'm Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon." Taeyeon smiled, showing her chin dimples. Tiffany showed Taeyeon her eye smile. 

"Nice to meet you!" Yuri and Sooyoung then introduced themselves. Sitting in class during lunch break, Tiffany became more comfortable with them. "Can I ask something?" Tiffany asked.

"Sure, anything." Taeyeon answered.

"Why did Jinah call you girls lesbians? Are you girls lesbians?" Tiffany asked.

"Well, you know she has everything her way right? She started calling us lesbians eversince we said that we don't want to date yet. Just because she's been with a million guys doesn't mean we have to. Moreover we haven't found someone we would fall in love with yet." Taeyeon explained. "Until today...wait, what am I saying? Why does she make me so confused?" 

"I guess she would probably call me a lesbian to huh?" Tiffany giggled. The girls raised their eyebrows. "I haven't like been in love or anything before. No one seems that special to me, yet." Tiffany said. Taeyeon smiled at her. Finally, someone who understands.

"Um...I would like to excuse myself. I need to have my meal." Sooyoung grinned awkwardly. "Yuri, let's go." Confused Yuri stood up and followed. Taeyeon chuckled as they both walked out of the classroom.

"That tall freak, she never stops being hungry." 

"You guys are really fun, I wonder why Jinah doesn't seem to like you girls." Tiffany said.

"Well, in life, people will love and hate you for the same reason." Taeyeon smiled at her and looked into her eyes. For a moment, their atmosphere changed. It became calm and silent. Both of them just looked at each other without breaking their eye contact, just treasuring their moment, the start of their friendship. Then the feeling like they have found someone special came into their mind. They felt a connection.

"Yah, Sooyoung ah, why didn't you ask Tiffany and Taeyeon to come along too? Tiffany could meet Sica and the rest." Yuri said.

"I don't know, I just didn't. I feel like they have more interest in each other and I didn't want to ruin it."

"Ruin what?" Yuri asked.

"Didn't you see? Their cute moment when they keep smiling at each other." Sooyoung smiled. Yuri shrugged, not noticing the connection between Tiffany and Taeyeon...yet.

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

First chapter, heh. I have no comments about that chapter, it doesn't feel like amazing but that's just an introduction. I will try to update really often since I'm having my holidays right now and cause this won't be like a long story, I could slowly update it. 

Anyways, to all my Singaporean readers, are you guys ready to see Soshi this Saturday~? Maybe we will bump into each other at the airport! No not the show, I'm currently budget...

 

Sooo, um, yeah~ thanks for reading I hope you enjoy the first chapter and do look forward to the next chapter!

FOLLOW ON TWITTER: @rose_atoria 

Let's be friends~.

Also~ do read my other on going Taeny stories. Thank you!!!