Chapter 1: The Rescue

Racconti della Luna Piena (Tales of The Full Moon)

 

“Jinki…”

Hmmm… Someone’s calling my name.

“Jinki…”

There it goes again. It’s a female’s voice. It sounds… very familiar.

“Jinki…”

Her voice… is so gentle and so sweet to the ears. I know one woman who has that voice. As I opened my eyes, I was facing the blue sky then, the gentle and cool wind brushed on my face. I smiled at the feeling and started to move my limbs and arms. I felt something soft so I grabbed it. I looked at its direction and saw lots of green grass and flowers.

“Jinki…”

It called again. I lifted myself up and looked for the voice. At my right, not 10 feet further, I saw a woman in a white dress and smiling ever so beautiful. She was in serine. Due to the fact that her voice seemed familiar, I started walking towards her then a huge smile crept on my face as her face became more visible to my eyes. It didn’t take me long to be a feet in front of her. A tear fell down from my eyes. Oh how I miss her. Her features, her eyes especially her serene smile. I immediately hugged her and buried my face on her shoulder. Then the tears came rushing down.

“Mother….” I whispered and hugged her tighter. I felt her wrap her arms around me and one hand caressing my hair.

“Jinki…..” she whispered and I felt a smile crept on her face. I let go of the hug and looked at her face, making every second special. “My boy, you have grown to be a fine young man.” she said with a dear smile.

I smile as well, and wiped the tears on my eyes with the back of my hand. “Mother… it has been 13 years…. since I last saw you. I miss you.”

Her expression changed into a gloomy mood. She caressed my cheek. “Jinki… I’m sorry for leaving you. I miss you too. But I’m always beside you, looking after you.”

I just nodded my head and I saw her look behind me. She looks frightened and terrified. She held my hand. “Jinki… I must go now. They’re here.”

“But… “

“No buts…. you have to know that there’s something very important you must do and it can change everything.”

“Huh??? Wait-“ But before I could finish, she vanished. Then, I heard this loud and awful sound.
.

.

.

.

“Arghhh.” I groaned as I opened my eyes. I looked all around and to my disappointment, I was still in the same old, filthy dungeon where I stay.

*clank. clank. clank. clank* “Wake up you filthy animals!” shouted one of the Scourge. That …. creature with this weird body and one-eyed beast which we call as a Cyclops. Yeah.. he’s the guard of our cells. I sat up and rubbed my face with my two hands. Sigh. So, it was all a dream. But, what was my mom talking about? I don’t get it. Aish.

“Hey! Jinki!” called the old man next to me. “Happy Birthday boy.” he smiled. It took about 10 seconds before it registered in my mind.

“Oh yeah…. haha. Thanks ahjusshi.” I forgot. It’s my 21st birthday. I mentally face-palmed myself. Sigh. Despite of all this torture and HELL I’m experiencing, I’m still thankful that I’m still alive until now.

*clank clank clank clank* “ Imbeciles! Didn’t I tell you to move your lazy asses and start working?!” shouted the Cyclops. I rolled my eyes and stood up but ! I felt a very stingy and painful sensation all around me. “Arghhh!”

I heard the Cyclops laughing with a sinister laugh. He was holding his huge iron club with spikes all around it and was playing with it. “Well, well, well. Looks like someone is in pain.” He lowered his height so that he can face me. He smirked. “That’s what you get for being a fool for fighting back to us last night just because of that necklace.” He then smacked my head. Damn…. he’s getting on my nerves. What a pig. I clenched my fist into a ball, trying to control my anger. I looked at that beast with a death glare.

“What are you looking at, you punk?” he asked increasing the sound of his voice.

“Nothing.” I replied bluntly before standing up and walking out of the cell. I kept cursing in my mind. Someday…someday…. they will have a taste of their own medicine. I held on the necklace my mom gave me before she passed away. It’s special that’s why I fought for it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4sWFZp_WtuzqigKoYlxs

Sigh. Man, I wish I could bust out of this freakin place!

 

 

*BOOM*

What the hell was that?! Some sort of explosion?!!! Oh hell no! I heard them set the alarms and everyone was in panic. Running all over the place and pushing everyone. Omo! Otteokhe?! I ran to the left wing or was it the right wing…. HECK! I don’t know! All I’m thinking is to be out of trouble. Then suddenly, I heard bloody screams from the Cyclops and then the sound of sharp steel. Heck. Where to go now. As I turned my back, the wall exploded into small rocks and then dust covered every space. I can’t see well nor breathe well. Oh God! I squinted my eyes and kept on coughing. There I saw a pair of deep, violet orbs and pure silver orbs. Now, that was enough to scare the out of me. And what’s worse! Those orbs were focusing on me. Next thing I knew, everything started to turn black.