Final Chapter: Everlasting Love

Broken Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris' POV 

Today is the day I've been waiting for. Today is the day that I'll be surprising you. Today, will be our surprise wedding day. After 5 long and brutal years, I can finally officially call her mine. After those 5 cold and longing years, I can finally hold her in my arms, whisper sweet nothings in her ears,  be on the same bed with her, see her last thing at night and see her first thing in the morning. Finally, I can call her my wife. I just hope she will say yes since I've been planning this surprise wedding for a year already. Yes, I know that she doesn't believe in marriage. In fact, she detests the sacrament of holy matrimony. How did I know? Well, she told me before when we were still a new couple when I accidentally brought up the topic of marriage.

She stated that "the sacrament of matrimony is just a petty excuse and cover up of the church to gain money. Love isn't supposed to be measured by this sacrament in the first place. Love is unconditional, limitless." she said. I then asked her why she doesn't want to get married. She then answered me with a mind boggling answer. "because love isn't supposed to be measured and witnessed by a lot of people. It's supposed to be just exclusive between those people who are in love with each other. That's why I don't really dream of getting married in front of a lot of people. Her answer didn't suffice and I asked her once again, "why?" she then continued to confuse me with her answer; "because promises are meant to be broken in one way or another. There will always be a loophole, a defect. Feelings change, destiny and fate change. In fact, we can't really predict the future even though it's written on paper or stone already. Fate, it's a vague, intricate and complicated thing. It loves to play with our feelings, it makes us crazy. I know I sound like a coward, but I don't want to experience those things, I don't want to get crazy or do stupid things that will ruin my life just because of love." I was really stunned and a little bit hurt because of her answer. Doesn't she love me? I then asked her if she loves me, and I heard the most unexpected yet sweetest thing that made me the happiest man in the world, "Of course I love you. You're the only person who changed some of views drastically. You made me into a better person, you influenced me a lot and made me into who I am today. And I'm really thankful for that. Oh, and you're the only person who gained my trust. I know that we spent the past five years together and everyday we experience a lot of things. We quarrreled like the other couples and yet we're stronger than before. I love you for who you are. Remember that. You're the only person I trust and I hope you won't break that." She said as she gave me a peck. 

I know that she really meant those words and I love to stay as we are, but I really would like to take the leap of faith, take the risk and gain the most precious and priceless price in the whole world; her heart, her trust, her mind, her everything. I want to be hers officially, in the eyes of God. Of course I love her and respect her decisions, but I would like to prove to her that promises  made with me are not meant to be broken. I would like to spend the rest of my life with her, that's why I'll be doing this. She's worth the risk and I would be willing to sacrifice eveything for her. 

There aren't many people who know about this marriage. I only informed her family, some of her friends and of course, my brothers in name; exo. They were so astounded yet agitated when they learned that I was planning to surprise her with marriage since they knew her preferences. Although they were nervous, they still helped me with the planning and of course, the execution later on. 

I'm so stoked and anxious right now. I don't know what to do anymore. She will be here in less than an hour for Pete's sake! Why am I the one who's nervous?! It should be the bride! Oh yeah, she doesn't know about this. 

"Hyung, she will be here in 5 minutes! Get ready!" Tao said as he entered the hall. 

"Omg, I don't know what to do anymore!! Can I just back out? She doesn't even want this anyway!!" I said as I was walking back and forth, sweating profusely. 

"Gege, you're so stupid! Of course not! 3 minutes!!" He said as he went back to his chair and sat down. 

Those 3 minutes felt like the longest 3 minutes ever. I was so nervous that I just kep on walking back and forth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter