Chapter 4 -- After I Fell

Only One

Chapter 4 – After I Fell

[6 years ago…]

[Soo Man Company Party]

 

“BoA, you can close your mouth now. You might catch a fly with your mouth hanging open like that.” I heard my mom say.

Omo, etteokhae??!! She caught me gawking at Lee HyukJae!

“Eomma~!” I groaned. I couldn’t do anything. Huhuhu.

(>///<)

Don’t they know that my innocent and pure mind had just been invaded my pictures that make me go wild!

“Yeobo, let our daughter be. She’s coming of age soon.” Appa said as he put an arm around Eomma.

Aigoo~!!! It’s still a year before I become an adult officially, yet my parents are already pairing me up! (TT____TT)

“Omo, Yeobo, isn’t it too early for our little girl? It’s still a year before she becomes an adult.” Said Eomma.

December 18 is my birthday. And now it’s January, so it’s still a long way to go.

“Aniya, Yeobo. As early as possible, we should look for a husband-to-be of our daughter. So that we’ll have lots of grandchildren running around the yard.” Appa added.

Omona~! Appa… Eomma! I’m still young! I just started having a crush on someone. Jebal, don’t do this~!

(>.<)

“Geundae, Yeobo, I can feel that our assistance is no longer needed.” Said Umma.

Huh, mworago?? (O.o)?

“Wae?” I asked bewildered.

“Uri BoA has already set her eyes on the Uljjang who danced earlier.” Said Eomma, then gave me a big grin.

EHHHHHHH??!!! O_O

“EOMMA~!!” then I felt my cheeks go red. Ahhh.. andwae!!

Why did my mom suddenly turn into a spy? How could she have known that I was gawking at Hyukjae?

“Who’s the lucky guy who caught our daughter’s eyes? I’ll have a word with him this instant.” Said Appa then looked around.

No! Appa! Jebal hajiman! I’m begging you! I won’t be able to face Lee Hyukjae of you do that!

“Appa… Jebal, don’t do it, okay?” I said with puppy eyes. “Please? Please?”

“Was it one of the boys from earlier? Donghae and Hyukjae?” asked Appa. I could just nod while looking at the floor.

“Was it Hyukjae?” goaded my mom.

“EOMMA!!” ('へ´*)ノ

“Alright… Alright. We’ll let you be.” Said Eomma after she pinched my cheeks. I was blushing furiously for sure. Ugh!

“Let’s just let he do her own thing, okay, Yeobo?” Appa said then pulled Eomma by the hand and went to the dance floor.

A love song was being played, so I’m just here. Forever alone.

(=____=)

The program was over, so now all that’s left is socializing with the people from the company and partying.

How I wish my best friend, Yoonhye, came with me. She said she’s busy with some stuff at home, so I couldn’t bother her to come. Pfft!

(=3=)

Since I guess no one was willing to dance with poor ol’ me, I made my way towards the chairs by the sides.

“Jeogiyo.” I looked back and saw Hyukjae.

He looks so dashing now that he's wearing a black suit with white undershirt while the first button of his undershirt was open. 

I suddenly had the urge to thank Eomma for wanting me to change clothes before we went here.

I changed my clothes from:

to this:

“May I have this dance?”  he held out his hand, awaiting my response.

I don’t know why… But I suddenlly felt my heart beat erratically once again.

Kyah!

The music started playing… It was So Close by Jon McLaughlin.

[Click here for the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnZ_vtyJ6E]

♪ You're in my arms

And all the world is calm

The music playing on for only two ♫

 

Should I?

He looked at me earnestly… Should I accept? Or refuse?

But then… what the heck! This is the chance! Grab it BoA! You might never get the chance to dance with him in your life ever again.

So I smiled at him and lent my hand.

He smiled back.

I thought I might be dreaming. But when he lead the way to the dancefloor, I knew everything wasn’t a dream.

It’s real!

The person whom I’ve just had a crush on, fell for, is dancing with me.

He put his left arm around my waist, and the other holding my hand firmly.

Lord, if this is a dream… Please don’t wake me up!

He pulled me a bit closer to him.

“Relax.” He whispered and gave me an even warmer smile.

JHDGSACFHDVNM!! I must be going insane. I’m dancing with Lee Hyukjae! Can somebody pinch me?!

(@´_`@)

We started moving. He was in lead, as we waltzed our way with the other couples.

Yes, I’m considering us a couple since it’s just the two of us dancing. The person who objects shall be thrown to the Bermuda Triangle and eaten by the Cracken!

(>д<)

We started dancing… Like, we were the only ones on the dance floor.

♪ And now forever I know

All that I want is to hold you

So close ♫

He twirled me around, and let go of my waist. Suddenly, he was behind me, holding both my hands as we continued dancing. I couldn’t look away from his stare. It’s like his eyes are made of magnets, and my eyes of metal.

I thought this only happens in romance novels or in movies. Or in Asianfanfics that is filled with so many fanfictions. But, no. It’s really happening. It’s not even right before my eyes. ‘Coz it’s happening to me. Right now!

We were facing one another once again. Him holding me. The instrumental part of the song came, and we were moving. He was twirling me around, then back to his arms, a twirl once again, then he even lifted me into the air, and finally back into his arms.

It’s so magical, I never wanted it to end.

♪ We’re so close to reaching that famous happy ending.

Almost believing this one's not pretend

Let's go on dreaming for we know we are ♫

“So close… So close… And still so far.” He sang the lyrics while looking directly into my eyes.

(>///<)

Omo~! Eomma! Appa! I agree with you suggestion! Introduce me to Hyukjae’s parents this instant. No more shy girl!

The song ended, and that’s when I realized it.

(O_O)

(O_o)?

(>_____<)!!!

OMO~!!! When I looked around us, everyone was staring. Only me and Hyukjae were on the dance floor.

WE WERE DANCING ALONE WHILE WE’RE DANCING!!!

Everyone started clapping. I suddenly felt cold and light headed.

Since when have they stopped dancing and just stared at us?

AJKDGHBSADB!! Ahhh! Andwae! (>.<)

I suddenly felt dizzy… Maybe due to the overwhelming feeling of being in his arms… or maybe because of my shock. I don’t know which, and before I could answer the question in my mind, I out.

 

To be continued...

Lady_Whistledown: I hope you liked it! Hahaha. Kinda short, but I tried. :3 Please comment on how you feel the story is going and subscribe. See ya! ^_^