CHAPTER 1 (INTRODUCTION)

WINDOW OF MY HEART (I Don't Understand)

 

{HA JAE’s POV}

 

I felt the cold wind swiftly brushed against the sides of my cheeks. I could tell that the winter season is coming. It’s my most favourite season of the year because I love the sensational kind of chill that the weather brings. Well, for this year, there is another reason for me to love it. Soohyun-oppa, my beloved brother, will be coming back home again after 2 years, to spend the Christmastime with us—his family; without any intrusions. Excitement overwhelmed me upon contemplating the idea. I will finally get to see my oppa again!

 

Soohyun-oppa, aside from being a college student, is working at the same time. He needed to do it, mainly because our family isn’t that wealthy.  Well, though working while studying might be tough, oppa could seem to manage. I don’t know where the source of his strength is coming from, but perhaps it comes from us, his family (If I may just assume?). Or maybe he has an inspiration to begin with (that he just doesn’t want to tell?). Hehe. Nah. Whatever. What matters most is that he’s surviving and so are we.

 

Oppa is so amazing. It’s a given.

 

I’m so lucky that I’m his little sister. I love him so much!

 

“HA JAE?!” Hyo Sun snapped me back to reality. She sat beside me as we wait for our teacher to come. “What are you smiling for?! It seems that you have a blissful aura today. What are you thinking? Are you thinking about Minho again? Or is it Lee Taemin? Taeminnie??? Neh, neh, neh????”

 

Hehehehe. That made me chuckle. Hyo Sun’s hilarious. She’s always like that, bombarding me with sequential questions like there’s no tomorrow.

 

“One question at a time please?!” I teasingly replied.

 

“Oh, sorry, hahaha! So…”

 

“And what are you so-so-ing me for?! Who are you?” My randomness strikes yet again. Haha.

 

“CHE!! If you don’t wanna answer, just say so!” YEEE she’s starting to get irritated! But I love teasing her so . . .

 

“So,” I said and I then smiled mockingly. She furrowed both of her eyebrows and shouted at me from the top of her lungs.

 

“WEIRDO!!” And she turned her back at me. Oh yes. I’m such a teaser. XD

 

But something won’t evade my hearing senses. I’ve heard THAT.

 

“Wait. Did you just call me again with that term . . . ?” Yes, I hate that term “weird,” for heaven knows I’m not.

 

She turned around facing me again as she folded her hands across on her front. Irritation is vivid on her sweet face. “Coz you wouldn’t answer all of my questions.”

 

“Because they’re in a serial approach?”

 

“And when are we gonna stop talking nonsense?”

 

“When the world ends.” Great. It seemed too much. Her expression changed to a serious one. I needed to stop being nonsense.

 

“Alrighty, alrighty. Remember my Soohyun-oppa?”

 

She twitched her left brow. “What about him?”

 

“Hmm . . . Let’s just say you’ll be able to see him again soon.”

 

“Oh~!” From that expression of hers, I could tell that she already got the idea I wanted to convey there.

 

She’s not my friend for 7 years for nothing. I’m proud. LOL

 

“I now can see the reason why you’re all in huge smiles,” she added. Her mood instantly changes. It amazes me how spontaneous she is. From being annoyed she was a while ago, to being cheerful now. Finally our teacher has entered the room and Hyo Sun sat down to her designated seat.

 

{HYO SUN’s POV}

 

My seat is located near the classroom’s window. I was absent-mindedly looking out on the window when our professor started our class. I wasn’t totally paying attention to her and to anything. I don’t know why, but Ha Jae’s words (“Let’s just say you’ll be able to see him again soon.”) a while ago, seemed to have registered in my mind. I’ll be able to see Ha Jae’s brother, SHIN SOO HYUN, again, after a long time. (^.^) My mind went blank until my professor called my attention.

 

“Hyo Sun~ssi, would you mind paying attention to the class?” she sternly told me. It made the whole class look at me and some of my classmates chuckled.

 

“Sorry.” I told her shyly then I caught a glance from someone which made me feel uncomfortable inside. A glance from him kinda makes me lost my senses. Or so I thought. CHOI MINHO.

 

The whole discussion went well. I made sure that I pay attention to everything the professor tells.

 

After class, Ha Jae went up to me, asking me if I want to go eat with the group – the group that she and I belonged to and the group that is said to be the most popular in school. Aist!!

 

Not thinking twice, I said yes.

 

“Hey btw, why are you so like, absent-minded a while ago in the class? What’s wrong with you?” Ha Jae asked me with curious eyes. “Uhhmm…Uhh…Uhh nothing.” I stuttered. I can see that she was not contented of what I told her. Of course, I didn’t tell her anything. I don’t really like to talk much about my love life to anyone. I prefer to keep it to myself. (Though my mom knows about it.) I know that she can understand. She always does.

 

We arrived at the cafeteria and we walked towards our group. I saw him – Choi Minho. I tried to hide what I feel. After the incident that had happened between the two of us, I kinda felt awkward being with him. I can still clearly remember that whole incident though it has been years…

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

I was walking on my way home when I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw a close friend of mine, Choi Minho. We’ve been friends for many years already.

 

“Can I walk you home?” He asked as he gives me a heart-melting smile.

 

“Who are you?” I teasingly said but he just smiled and continued walking with me.

 

We walked in silence for minutes until he spoke. “Can I talk to you about something?” he asked me and I gave him a questioning look. “Would you mind coming with me to the playground?” he simply added.

 

We walked our way to the nearest playground on the place. We sat on the swings on the playground and for the second time, silence was all over us. Deep inside, I was feeling a little weird. This was the first time I felt this way with Minho-oppa. I don’t know why but this guy is surely up to something.

 

“Hyo Sun~ah...” Minho-oppa suddenly looked my way. He grabbed my hand and tried to make eye contact with me, which of course I refused. Okay, now I know that he is really up to something. I was feeling a little nervous and uncomfortable but it wasn’t my intention to show it to him.

 

“Ahhmm... well... there is something I want you to know.” He is still insisting to make eye-contact. Now I didn’t have the chance to ignore. “Well, it’s just simple. I love you.”

 

Upon hearing what he just said, it was like my whole world stopped. He likes me. No. No. He loves me. But when I heard it, I remembered something that happened a few days back.

 

“What? What did you say?” I still can’t believe the situation.

 

“I love you. It’s been years but I’m afraid to tell you before because I don’t want our friendship to be affected. But now I’m all decided to tell you how I feel about you.” Is he really serious?

 

“Ahhmm… Minho-oppa… Ahhhh… How do I explain this?” He looks at me waiting for whatever I will say. Oh gosh. I really don’t know what to tell him. I don’t want our friendship to be over.

 

“Ahhmm… you see… Ha Jae… I don’t want to hurt her. And besides, I love someone else.” I could clearly see how his curious face turns into a frown.

 

“I’m sorry Minho-oppa. But I already promised that person that I will wait for him to get back no matter what.” I really feel sorry for what I am doing right now. I hate this feeling.

 

“Ahhmm…. It’s fine. Ahhhh… If you wouldn’t mind, may I know who the lucky guy is?” I was not sure if I’m going to tell him or not. But on second thought, he has the right to know. (Does he?)

 

“Well, you see, it’s… it’s… Soohyun~ssi. Ha Jae’s brother. He will be studying in Seoul and will not be back in few years so he asked me to wait for him and I said yes.”

 

“I see.” That’s all he can say after all the things I said.

 

“I’m sorry.” I’m really feeling guilty right now.

 

“It’s okay. But we still can be friends right? Nothing will change after this?” I could clearly see that he is forcing a smile so that I won’t feel guilty and awkward at the moment.

 

“Of course.” And I gave him a quick hug as I smile, which he accepts warmly.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

As time passes by, though I told him that nothing will changed between us, things changed. Besides, nothing is permanent in this world, right? Also maybe because I start to feel something for him throughout those 2 years passed.  Who wouldn’t? He’s always there for me no matter what. But of course, I made a promise to someone, which I have no intention to break. He is one of the reasons for who I am right now.