Eighty-three

Forgotten Season

I'm so sorry, this is a long over-due update! I was procrastinating my life away. . . lol. 

italic = flashbacks / thoughts.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            in Yuri's POV


 

 

 

Time of death 3:05 A.M”

 

I will never forget that day, one dreadful night comes a giant rain-storm. The rain came and sweep away lovely things.

 

The rain dropped heavily on the road – he lost control, and the car flipped over to the other side.

 

Please save him”

 

Her hand grabbed onto my white coat tightly, her eye make-up smeared all over, and her eyes filled with tears. She had a rain of her own.

 

How's he?”

 

I'm sorry, we're couldn't save him”

 

Everything ended there. His life, her life, and our relationship. She collapsed onto the ground, her hand dropped and the ring rolled on the floor. He proposed and she accepted.

 

I watched her world ended there, and my world also died with her.

 

Mom, when I grow up I want to be a doctor, I want to save people”

 

I remembered the five years old me.

 

You kill him!”

 

I hate you”

 

It felt like a thousand needles stabbed into my heart. If only I was a little faster, maybe she won't fell into this misery.

 

What can I do now?

 

“Please put on your seat-beat, the plane will departure in 2 minutes” the flight attendent annouced. 

 

I ran away instead, that way it's better for me and her. She won't talk to me, won't listen to me, won't love me. My efforts and everything I have given died that day. Now I'm left nothing but her hatred words.

 

I sighed.

 

“Will you stop torturing yourself with the past. You know it's not your fault, she said it in the moment, she didn't mean it” Sooyoung said, sitting beside me. 

 

“I'm not, I'm just thinking about America,”

 

“Your lie is becoming worse, Yuri”

 

“Thank you”

 

“For what?” she asked.

 

“Bringing me away from Korea”

 

“You needed a break,” she sighs, “and inspiration too,” she added.

 

“Yeah”

 


 

The air of America is different, foreigner in its scent, strangers in its people. A land where I know I won't staying but I know I'll find someone.

 

I look over at Sooyoung and smiled as I watch her conversation her life away with new hunks she found.

 

This was her dream, to find a rich and handsome husband, married and have kids, and become typical housewife.

 

“Yuri! Meet James” Sooyoung dragged me toward the groups of men.

 

“Hi”

 

“...hi?” I greeted as if I was asking a question.

 

Men simply don't interest me, Sooyoung don't seems to get that at all. I don't think she's ready to accept it, this idea of a woman liking another woman seems disgusting, but she was good enough as person and as friend to love me still.

 

“See you guys later” and we parted our way.

 

“What's wrong with you?” she asked angrily at my behaviours. 

 

“Nothing,” I said in frustration.

 

One more minute and I'll explode. 

 

“Where are we staying?”

 

“The Jung-resort” she said.

 

 


                                                                        tell me how you think.  i will try to update faster next time, forgive me this time.                                                                                                                   the title got nothing to do with the chapter lol, it's just the song number that is currently playing while i write/ update.