Chapter 2

Heaven

Heaven was a really nice place, in Sunggyu’s opinion. No wonder people would prefer to go to Heaven than Hell. He wondered how it was like in Hell. Was it the complete opposite of Heaven? Was it all red down there and burning with fire? He let that thought slipping, figuring he wouldn’t really need a reason to bother with Hell, he was already in Heaven.

He was walking down Angel Avenue, looking around the place with his hands shoved into his pockets. It was really early, but he had to force himself to go out and find a decent job. Humans don’t necessarily have it easy once they die.

He quickly made a turn onto Angel Boulevard, as the place started opening up a bit. There weren’t many people around the streets this early. He glanced down at his watch. 7:00 AM. He didn’t even get up this early when he was still alive.

Sunggyu let out a sigh, tilting his head up to get a better look at the stores and if there were any HELP WANTED signs hanging around.

He realized that Heaven was exactly like Earth. He had to eat food to survive, people get married and have a family, money still matters in this universe, and jobs are still a necessity in life. The only thing different was that everything was white, except for the food. It was odd enough, but the food was in color and everything. It’s just the place in general, and the people living on it.

Sunggyu had bright red hair, and his eyes were a weird shade of orange. It took him by surprise when he first looked at himself in the mirror. The hair color totally didn’t match his personality, which led him thinking exactly why his hair is even red. He let the thought slip, again. He figured it wouldn’t matter anyway.

--

After about a good hour of walking around endlessly, he ended up on Heaven Street, around ten blocks from Angel Avenue. He had called it quits, and stopped by a simple coffee shop at the corner.

Sunggyu was waiting in line, looking over the menu carefully. The food was exactly like the food down below. The only difference is the word “Heaven” or “Angel” somehow managed to be right in the beginning. You know, Heaven Hot Dogs or Angel Slurpee’s. He found it rather corny, a small smirk formed on his lips as he continued to read off the menu.

“May I please help the next customer?”

Oh right, me.

Sunggyu made his way over to the counter, his eyes still managing to stay glued onto the menu.

“Ah, can I have the—“ he suddenly stopped talking when he finally looked at the person behind the cash register. His hair was a bright pink, and his eyes were black like an abyss. Sunggyu will admit, he was beautiful. Maybe it was the hair, or maybe the way his eyes looked like they could away your soul, he was beautiful.

The pink-haired fellow blinked, his head tilting to the side ever so slightly. “Uh, sir? You okay there?”

Sunggyu flinched, realizing he was staring at the guy, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks.

“Oh, yeah. Right.” He spoke, stammering a bit. “Can I get the Angel Latte?”

The pink-haired fellow stared at Sunggyu for a moment, before letting out a loud laugh, which made Sunggyu jump back immediately.

“Coming right up!” The pink-haired fellow said, smiling at Sunggyu, his gums quite visible.

Sunggyu twitched a bit, inching his way back as he tugged his wallet out, his hands shaking a bit as he pulled out his money.

Was this love at first sight? Did Angels even love? Love still—

His thoughts were interrupted when he felt a small tap against his shoulder, as he slowly turned around to come face to face with that beautiful Angel.

“Angel Latte?” The pink-haired fellow asked, a smile on his lips.

Sunggyu couldn’t help the sudden blush that invaded his cheeks, and the way his heart started beating like crazy against his chest.

Wait, Angels had a heartbeat?

--

a/n: I FINALLY UPDATED THIS! wow i have 16 subscribers already? oh my gosh

okay hello i just wanted to say that I made a big change in chapter 1, so if you guys are confused by this chapter, please read chapter 1.

if you don't want too, basically dongwoo and sunggyu aren't roomates. i changed it ouo

they're strangers and, telling from this chapter, it's love at first sight?

well for sunggyu.

anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH<3 please anticipate the coming chapters c: