The flowers of our love, Thriving

The Mark of Imperfection

Playlist                                                                                                                                                 "The course of true love never did run smooth."


Hitherto, dear reader, you have learned the details of the meeting of our valiant two. But, seeing as how there is not much time to tell every detail of their lives together, I shall in retelling this story, pass a gap of three years in almost silence. I will only share with you the necessary so you may understand this new beginning. The two became closer, and closer, until they fell so deep in love, everything else felt a blur. He was the only one (other than the institutes facilitators), who ever had the courage to speak to her. Plus he didn't mind being bombarded by her continuous handwritten questions. In Min Ho, she had brought out something ~different~. She made him feel, alive. But all through this long expense of time, he had never heard her voice, or the reason as to why she never spoke. 


 ---
 Mark of imperfection
 --- 
 
 Walking down the pebbled road of the institute, the two smiled. They were at a point of complete, and utter bliss. Neither had confessed their love to the other, but their feelings were obvious to even those around them. It was this point, that as the wind blew at her back, Jin ri felt a surge of confidence. She stopped their motion, and turned to face her love, with a slightly sad smile. 
After taking a incredibly deep breath she passed him a letter from her satchel. It seemed that she had been contemplating this moment for quite some time.  Min Ho received it and began to read;

 
It about time I told you this.
 
I wanted to be an opera singer. That was the dream, I had set for a young girl who had nothing but hopes for a bright future. 
But, those dreams were so forcefully ripped from under me, I had not even the chance to take it all in.
I was about 14 years old when the train that had routinely taken me to my every destination, had slid dangerously on the ice. I, and countless others, were ruthless ripped from our seats and thrown to the ground, with great force.
I was told that it wasn't until five months later, that I had the light of day again. But, I had awoken to find my lungs to weak, to produce anything audible, and my ears too damaged to even let the loudest of sounds through. After a while my hearing improved, but my voice is still weak. And to speak truth, when I can gather up the strength to speak, it is so excruciatingly painful that I'd rather admit myself to the deepest, darkest, and most hellish sectors of the world below our feet. 
People called me all sorts of names, and claimed all sorts of things; like this was some form of punishment from the Gods, or that I was not of this world. It pained me, but I pushed on, then I met you, you were like a Knight sent to rescue me from it all. Though my dream has been lost, and I had become ostracized and in the dark, I can say with absolute certainty that, well, I'm okay. You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. Truly, thank you for everything, I love you.
 
 
He dropped the letter and pulled her in for a kiss. For the both of them the kiss seemed to have lasted forever, of course they are not even wed yet, and such actions were considered forbidden, but neither could help it. It was a moment that they had been wishing for what seemed to be forever. 
He then pulled away with a slightly worried look, "But, why does this sound like a goodbye letter?" 
She gave him a quite doleful look then signaled him to continue reading.
 
Yesterday I received a letter from my mother, she has told me that it is time for me to come home. Graduation is only 19 days off, after that time I must leave for Corée. Oh, how impetuously this old moon wanes, 19 days, will swiftly become 19 nights that and be dreamt away in but a second. I wish nothing but to be able to spend more time with you, forever with you. 
In the exact moment that his eyes left the paper and met with hers, he spotted a solemn tear fall.
 
 
 ---
 Mark of imperfection
 --- 
 
Unfortunately, all was how Jin Ri said, and in a blink of an eye, she was gone. Month's later, he received a single letter from his silent love. It was written in her usual steady yet beautiful handwriting, and attached were two paintings of what he had assumed to be her home in the orient. But its contents, not the beauty of the mountain was what had shocked the young man. Four little words that immediately sent him  into a sea of depression;
 
korean-landscape.jpg
1-1%5B1%5D.jpg
 
 
 
 
I am getting married.

 

 

 

 

What was it that happened in the short time that they had been separated. He thought she loved him, was it nothing but a memory that only he had held precious. He was sure that he had made those 19 days heaven for her, so why the sudden change of heart. To tell him something of such dire importance with just a mere 4 word letter, what happened to the passionate, and detailed Jin to he knew. What happened to the love that he knew. Would she really just abandon him like this, sure she had already left months ago, and either was bound to be wed sooner or later, wouldn't later, when the two (or at least he) had completely moved on, of been better?

Immediately he knew what had to be done, and without thought, he found himself on the first boat to the orient, following the mailing address all the way through. Many of his old friends continued to call him a fool, to go after one like her, but he couldn't help it, he loved her. 

 

---

 

After sending the letter, Jin ri sighed. She didn't want to tell him that, after all, she still loved him, but what did that matter? It had to be done, as her mother had said; it was the only way to completely let go. Release herself from the grip of the love she had complete cradled her self in.

"Why the down face my love?" her husband to be asked, and she shook her head as if nothing was wrong.

He gave an unconfident smile, he knew when she was hiding something from him, but honestly it was not something he wanted to dig into deeper. She was his now, and he was content with that. 

"Are you ready for your check up?"

She shook her head and he proceeded, having her hold back her head and open he examined , then recorded something in his notebook. 

"Now Sul, I want you to begin talking to me," he began. She quickly pulled out her notebook and recorded her thoughts;

"But Heechul, you know it hurts every time I speak!"

"Don't worry, it is my job as a doctor to make sure for  my patient that everything goes by as painlessly as possible. And it is my duty, as your prospective husband to see to it that you are never hurt."

He kissed her hand,"We've been together since you were born, don't you realize I would never do anything that would possibly hurt you. I promise. All I want for you to do is simply move your mouth as if you were speaking. If we are going to get your voice back your going to need to be used to moving your lips now aren't you!"

She released a silent giggle. "Now let's converse, and don't worry I can read lips so abandon your notepad," he smiled.

Jin Ri did as he said and they continued on as her worries slowly drifted to the back of her mind. Yet nevertheless, existed.

 

 ---

 Mark of imperfection

 ---  

It was a while until Min ho had successfully arrived to Jin Ri's home. The large traditional edifice was surrounded by flowers, many of which Min ho had recognized, in particular, musk roses, the flower that appeared in abundance in their 'haven'. It took him only a moment to notice her, she was sitting in the garden, happily chatting away with an awfully beautiful man whom by his body language had to of been her fiance. But no, that was not what shocked him, but the idea of her speaking, was it not only a few months ago that she had told him that she lacked the ability. That whenever she spoke she felt immense pain! Though due to the distance he could not hear a single word he was still heart broken. She never let him here her voice, she told him it was impossible, yet here before his eyes she was chatting away to the man she was to marry. 

What happened to the love that they had?! Was he the only one who still held on to it? Was he?

He fell to his knees, it was in this moment that he was spotted by the nearby servants and the seemingly happy couple. Even a woman who seemed to be her mother had crowded around him. Jin Ri ran to Min ho shocked. Scribbling in her notepad she addressed him;

 

"What are you doing here?!"

 

Immediately he rose, and turned to her mother. "Hello mother, I am Choi Min Ho Duke of Viquotte, I am a friend of you daughter's," he said in his deeply accented Coréen.

"I am here to wish her congratulations for her on coming marriage."

Mrs.Choi scrutinizingly observed him from head to toe. She obviously knew who he was and was not entirely pleased with his presence, but she gave him a faux smile and slightly bowed. 

"Welcome sir, I would be a fool to leave you out in this hot weather. Would you join me inside for tea?"

He agreed and in time the two moved into the house where they could speak in private.

"So will you tell me the real reason why you are hear. I do highly doubt it is to give my daughter her best wishes."

"I am here to ask for your best wishes in having your daughters hand! I want to have her for my own ma'am, I'd die before suffering to see her in the hands of someone else!"

"You insolent fool! Their nuptial our draws on apace. It is but in a months time that they are to be wed, yet you come asking for her hand! Who are you to ask of such a thing?!"

She stopped to take a sip of her tea.

"But nevertheless, your confidence amuses me! Tell me young one, what on earth possessed you to come all this way? Did you not fear that her love for you has subsided?"

"Yes, I did." 

"Then why are you still here?"

"Because of the look in her eyes. From the moment I saw her again I could tell that the love we once had was still a thing of existence, it had not faded but was simply veiled from the light! She is still very much connected to me, and I to her. That is why I am still here. That is why I ask you this!"

"I only let her go to the damned school so far away because they specialized in music! Not to fall in love! The man she is to marry has been around her for ages, if it was not arranged he would have still in time asked for her hand. Since the day of her accident he vowed to take on medicine, so one day he could help get her voice back! What of you?! What do you offer? Only your love? Can your love get her, her dream back?"

His voice grew calm,"I may not be able to help her with her dream, but I do guarantee her happiness! And is that not really matters?"

There existed a long moment of silence. Her expression was unreadable, and she simply stared at the young man.

After the long pause, the sound of her laugh echoed through the halls," I like you! You are very interesting. I envy your bravery! You remind me of the days of my youth, I once had a lover before I was married, and as the title goes I was in love with him. But he was not of proper lineage, and my parents wanted something more. So our relationship sunk to the very bottom of the sea, and I married the man I am with today. A man who does not understand love. 

If only the man I loved had the wherewithal you exhibit! But alas, it was not of my fate," she sneered in self mockery.

"But nevertheless, I want her to be happy. So, if you think you can do that, if you believe that she still loves you, and if you love her as strongly as you profess, I will give you a chance. Tell not a soul, but I have and idea..."

 

 

---

 

"So you are a doctor?" Min ho asked as he approached the two, still sitting in the garden.

"I am," Heechul replied getting straight to the point.

An awkward silence ensued but was interrupted when Heechul spoke again; "Sulli, are you ready for the exam?"

"Sulli?" Min ho questioned before she could respond.

Quickly Jin Ri wrote down her explanation;

"It was the stage name he had come up for me. From the days when I still wished to join the Opera, when I still had the ability to do so. But now it has been reduced to nothing but a nickname."

Changing the topic, Heechul spoke again, "Now, take this."

He handed her a powdery substance and she devoured it whole, from her twisted countenance it was not a far of guess to assume what she had just consumed was not of the best taste. As he watched the two, her mothers words could not help but echo in his mind,"If you really believe she still loves you, and you love her as much as you profess, then take her. Run away with her in the night!"

"What did you just have her swallow?" Min ho demanded. 

"Calm yourself, it was simply some medicine for ."

"I don't trust Oriental medicine."

The older rolled his eyes, "Well frankly, I am not all that ecstatic about European medicine either."

Min ho grew irate, and it was clear to Jin Ri that a fight that he could not win, would soon ensue.

It was clear she was upset with his actions. Jin Ri rose from her seat and took him to the side; 

 

"What is wrong with you? Why are you being so immature, this is not like you!"

 

His face fell in shame but then grew to an excited smile,"Jin Ri, run away with me!" She was obviously shocked.

 

"Your mother gave us her blessing, so let go off together. Return to me, my love!"

 

"What makes you think she would go with you, when I am working hard here to help restore her dream! You insolent fool!" The two men went their separate ways, leaving Jin Ri alone with her thoughts.

 

It was true that she still loved him, that would probably never go away but was her love for him really enough to make her abandon her dream? And it was not like Heechul was bad to her, no, despite hoe me may seem slightly evil to others he was always very much kind to her. He loved her so much, and was the man of many woman's dreams. But even still, similar things could be said about Min ho, he was undoubtedly handsome, and quite frankly was bleeding in charisma, and he was oh-so passionate about her, but would that be enough to make her give up her dream? Oh how things were so much easier when she had no choice! Oh how easier much easier those three years had been! But now is not then, and a decision must be made.

 ---

 Mark of imperfection

 --- 

Like a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, Min ho is nervous. And he is scared. What if all he had believed their love to be was nothing but one sided speculations. What if the love he had cradled, he had cradled alone. What if the look in her eyes when they re-united was a look filled with disgust, and not love. What if distance did not make the heart go fonder? What if, what if, what if, so many 'what ifs' plagued his mind, and starved him of any real conclusion. It began to drive him mad. The hours ticked away and night had come, but would the knight be able to leave with the woman he loved? He continued to imagine the worse as he walked up and down the room he was designated to sleep in for the night. The house echoed nothing but dreary silence, and his mind the depressing sound of his thoughts.

 

A knock was heard at his door, mindlessly he went to answer it. And there she was, changed out of the oriental clothing she had been dawning since the day she left and now wearing the familiar long white European dress that she had worn enough that he was sure it was her favorite. 

 

She smiled innocently, and all his fears and worries melted away. He could not help but pull her into another passionate and familiar kiss, silent tears slipped from both her eyes and his.

 

"I will never let you go again," he whispered slightly seductively into her ear. "And I'll never leave your side again," was the response her eyes gave. The two were once again in a long time, in complete and utter bliss.

 

It took not long for the two to fly the place, they had fled back to Saubre, where Min ho had built a home near the haven from their school days. Every day he would enter the haven and pick musk roses for her, placing them in a vase designate solely for that purpose. Without hesitation the two were married, though not a large ceremony, it certainly had its beauty. Same with their love, though certainly not story book, it was an item of its own perfection. Like flowers in the botanical garden, their love was thriving. 

 

But little did they now, it would only take a matter of six years for it all to wither away.


"If love is not madness, it is not love"

A/N

I was considering making this two chapters but I decided against it..... or should I of? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, and please wait for the next chapter ^^. Oh yeah, and one more thing; the next chapter will be marked "M", their is no cursing only slight ual content not recomended for anyone under the age of 10.  Anyway, please comment and subscribe (if you liked ^^) and please await the final chap!