Past Lives [ii]

Imprisoned By Your Love

[[ A/N: This is the 2nd chapter of the past~ It should clear some things up, hopefully it isn't too short!~ I might have a 3rd chapter of the past as well, but I don't think it will be needed, depending on how this chapter goes. And again I'm sorry for the shortness. OTL ]]

10 years ago, he had been left helpless and alone, fending for himself in the crazy world Aron seemingly left him in. But, 10 years later, he stood taller than ever; though the change may seem as though it was for the worse. Today, he stood as a new person, a new man no longer contained by constant fear and worry of the world around him. No, Ren was more than unafraid. Ren was feared by others. He was fierce and unforgiving, never forgetting what happened to his brother so many years ago. Ren hasn't seen Aron since that day, and ever since that very day, Ren had promised himself that he would avenge what the police force had done to his brother. Though he didn't know quite how, Ren wouldn't give up until he did find a way.

Today was Ren's 16th birthday. He still lived in the same apartment, the same exact place where Aron had been arrested so many years ago. Where he was? Ren still had no clue. Now, you might be wondering how Ren had been carrying on for so long- the answer is simple. Following in his brother's footsteps, Ren had transformed from an innocent little boy into one of the largest criminals in all of Seoul. Though he managed to stay hidden, the number of crimes he had committed in the past few years have definitely outnumbered Aron's. Not only had they been worse in numbers, but also in the level of gravity.
"Yah! Ren! Where are we hitting tonight?" another boy, around the same age of Ren, sat across from him at the same kitchen table that Aron had been arrested on many years ago. At the sound of his name being called, Ren was quickly pulled out of his reminiscent thoughts. He glanced quickly at the other blonde boy, though his hair was a lot darker in color.
"Mollayo... There's a big party tonight downtown at the club, that place is bound to be crawling with police." Ren said with a snicker. "Too bad they aren't celebrating my birthday.." he laughed to himself again, putting his pistol out onto the table and running his finger over the sides. "Their bodies will be my present." 
No further words were needed to be said, both of the boys quickly put ski masks over their heads, already being dressed in all back. Guns loaded and set in place, they were already out the door.

"Ah, look what we have here.." Baekho smirked as he looked out the passenger's seat of Ren's black sport Mercedes (which was, of course, stolen), looking out over the large crowd of snotty looking people at tonight's party. And, just as Ren had said, the place was full of squad cars and policemen and officers everywhere. 
"What a bunch of fools.." Ren muttered to himself before pulling the car into an alley, making sure it was well hidden before hopping out, quickly followed by his partner in crime. "I think we should hit the back first." Baekho simply nodded, following Ren through the alley, jumping over numerous cars and garbage cans, until they finally reached the back of the party. They were so close to the policemen, neither of them dared to make a move. Ren shot a quick glance at Baekho, who was kneeling about 10 feet away from him. He gave a quick nod, and they both raised their guns, perfectly aimed at the two policemen closest to them. Of course, they had already taken note of where the other 3 policemen were. As quickly as the signal was given, the two policemen were shot, dead. 

Shots began to ring out, people began to scream. Before the other policemen could do a thing, Ren and Baekho had shot them both. Though the 5th policemen had time to shoot at the barrels they were hiding behind, he was dead just as quickly as the others. The chaos had begun now, the helpless civilians ran to their cars in fear of getting shot. But no, it wasn't the party-goers that they were after. Only the policemen. Baekho looked to Ren, and they both went back around the club to the front, where surely chaotic events would be occurring. 

And as if the future was predicted, when the pair reached the front, it was complete madness. Cars were going this way and that, the whole street was flooded with traffic. It was funny how one single action could change everything in just an instant. Just like what happened with Aron, Ren thought to himself, feeling a newfound energy inside of him. Instead of running for cover like Aron did, Ren openly exposed himself as he open-fired on the crowd of policemen who were already armed, his anger becoming too much to bear. Though he ducked and avoided the shots, with Baekho's help, few of the party guests were harmed, and all the policemen seemed to be either on the ground or simply dead. Ren tried to contain his laughter as they ran across the dead bodies, not daring to glance at any of them. But something caught Ren's eye in a particular policeman who was writhing on the floor in pain, his eyes... They were so familiar.

Instead of following Baekho back to the Mercedes and to their escape, Ren couldn't help but gape at what he saw. There was no way that the man he just shot was who he thought it was. He was in a trance, staring at this man's face, staring straight into his eyes. Though the man was probably scared to death, as Ren still had his ski mask on. Ren wasn't dragged back into reality until he saw more flashing lights and more squad cars, heading straight for him. Baekho was screaming out his name, Ren had no choice other than to leave the man and run back to the alley.

When Ren finally did reach the car, Baekho was already in the driver's seat, and they were off. Of course, the police were right on their tail.
"Dude, what the hell was that? We could be caught now! What the were you thinking?" Baekho spat at Ren, swerving between multiple cars in the clogged streets. Ren just simply shook his head and looked out the window.
"I think.. I just killed my brother."