055.

⚜ Tied By A Child

           “Remember when I said, I’d take you out?” Lu Han asks and I nod while throwing out Seyong’s dirty diaper.  “Well, let me take you out, today.” He says and I give him a look, “But-f”

           “It’s your birthday, Miyoung.  Can I take you out on a date—well, an outing.” He says and I shrug.  “I don’t know.  I mean, it’s my birthday and I-it doesn’t feel right if I’m going out with you.” I tell him honestly as I get back to the bed.  Lu Han has Seyong on his lap, and the little man is playing with his fingers.  “Come on, Sehun has been so busy lately with the company, you’ve had no one to take you out.  Winter break’s almost coming to an end.” Lu Han reasons and I sigh.

           Sehun has been busy with the business, and I’ve been stuck at home, occasionally going to my part time job when they need me.  He hasn’t called or contacted me about doing anything today, so…

           “Fine.” I finally answer him before I start to get up again, “Get out so I can get ready…go hang out with Jaehyung or something.” I say as he scoffs behind me.  I glance over my shoulders and see him putting Seyong down on the bed.  “I don’t want to sit here and wait for you anyways.” He murmurs before leaving the room.

           A seconds later, Lu Han pops his head back in, “Wear something nice too.” He says and I furrow my brows, “I’d rather not though-”

           “I don’t care, Miyoung.  Wear something nice.  I’m taking you out to eat and I don’t want you to look under dressed.” He reasons before I groan and nod my head slightly. 

           About an hour later, I walk down the stairs with Seyong in my arms.  “We’re not bringing him, are we?” I ask Lu Han who’s sitting at the kitchen table.  He shakes his head, “You need some time to yourself…with me.” he grins and I roll my eyes.  “Anyways, you clean up nice.” He compliments and a smile curls upon my lips.  “Thank you.” I give a little curt bow and chuckle. 

           “I already told your mom.  She’s in the shop and says to bring him over with the walker before we leave.”  I nod and give my little man a sloppy kiss to his cheeks.  “Mommy’s going to miss you, little man.” I cover his cheeks with butterfly kisses and squeeze him in my arms.  Seyong leans his head on my shoulder and it makes me not want to leave him even more.

           “Geeze, I’m taking you out to eat, not taking you away from him forever.” Lu Han says as I walk towards the door to the shop.  I roll my eyes at his comment and enter the shop.  “Mom…” And her head turns from the counter.  “Oh, it’s my baby~” She sings and I sigh, “he’s actually my baby.” I mutter and she laughs, taking him from my arms.  “I don’t know when we’ll be back, but I don’t think it’ll be long since he’s just taking me out to eat.” I tell her before giving Seyong one last kiss.

           “It’s fine, dear! Just go and have fun!” She grins while waving me off.

           Lu Han’s at the door when I return.  I grab my coat off the back of a chair and slip it on.  “Jaehyung!” I shout, “I’m leaving now! Help mom with baby if she needs it!” I tell him without waiting for an answer.  I look over at Lu Han who’s casually leaning against the door with a smile on his face.  “You ready to go now?” He smirks and I look away while buttoning up my coat.

           “Just open the door, Lu Han.”


           We sat in the same Italian restaurant he took me to months ago.  We talked for almost 3 hours, catching up and sharing laughs.  It was nice spending time with him again after so many months of being apart.  He’s still the same guy I liked in the past, still so nice, so sweet, so caring. 

           “Hey…” I put my fork down and look up as he does the same.  “What’s up?” He asks and I shyly smile, “You’ve moved on…right?” I murmur softly and see him taking in a deep breath.  I nibble my bottom lip as I look at his wandering eyes for a few moments. 

           Lu Han locks eyes with me again and grins, “Yes, I have.” His eyes glisten and I feel a smile growing on my own lips.  “I actually met a girl in China when I went back home.” He says and I gasp, “You never told me!” I practically shout before covering my mouth and giggling.  “Tell me!” I squeal in my seat as he laughs at my reaction.

           “She’s studying in Beijing University.  Her name’s Ting Xuan, Lim Ting Xuan, but I call her Tingting,” he smiles foolishly as I lean in.  “Beautiful.  She’s absolutely gorgeous and smart. She’s caring and-”

           “Oh my goodness! How did you guys meet!?” I couldn’t keep myself calm.  This is interesting, and I miss talking to him like this.  “Well…we kind of just bumped into each other…like literally.  She worked at the library and she was organizing the books.  I was looking for a book and didn’t notice her until she fell.  I apologized, took her out for coffee during her break as an apology.  I saw her again at a charity event, but she was avoiding me for some odd, odd reason, and I couldn’t talk to her that entire night.  I grew curious and tried talking to her ever since, but,” Lu Han suddenly sighs and frown. “…What?” I whisper.

           Lu Han runs a hand throw his hair while sighing again, “I found out she’s in a relationship.” He mutters and my shoulders slouch.  I lean back against the seat and purse my lips.  “Ehhh, you got me excited for no reason.” I murmur.  Lu Han chuckles and shrugs, “I mean, I still really like her.  And there’s this connection-like, I just feel it, and I know she feels it too, because the moment either of us steps into the same room, our eyes automatically connects before she’s the first one to look away.”

           “Well-wait, so you’ve never talked to her ever since the coffee apology…outing?” He has my attention again when he nods shyly.  “Dude! You have girls-”

           “Hold on.” Lu Han suddenly says and grabs his phone from his jacket pocket.  He quickly reads the message as I sit impatiently.  “Sehun wants to meet us right now.” Lu Han looks up as he gets up from his seat.  I look around the restaurant.  “Right now? Where?”  My eyes dart around the room before Lu Han laughs, “not here, dummy.” And I scowl as I get up from my seat.

           “He reserved a magician at a hotel today.  It’s for your birthday.” Lu Han says as we walk to his car.  I furrow my brows and gape at the man walking ahead of me.  “Um…were you supposed to tell me…that?” I ask while slipping into the passenger seat.   I look over to Lu Han as he buckles his seat belt.  He shrugs and starts the engine, “he said he didn’t care if I did or didn't.”

           And I slump back against the seat.  “Heol~” I my cheeks in and stare out the window.  “What? Are you mad I told you?” He asks me while playfully nudging my arm.  I roll my eyes but shake my head, “No, not at you.  Sehun.” I mutter his name.  “I know, he knows how I much I hate surprises, but it’s my birthday, he could have still kept this a secret or something…now, it feels like he doesn’t even care.”

           Lu Han chuckles softly and I pout.  “Oh, Miyoung~” He sings, “Don’t be like that.  I’m sure it was with good intentions.” He says all smartly and I want to puke.  “Ugh, oh my goodness…whatever, where are we meeting Sehun?” I ask him as I take in our surrounding.  “A hotel…” He says and I groan, “Dude, you already told me it’s for my birthday…so, what hotel? And did he tell you anything else?” I ask before Lu Han answers and it makes me want to throw something at him when he says, “Yeah, he hired a magician.”

           Like you didn’t already tell me!?

           “Never mind.” I mutter under my breath and Lu Han chuckles.  “Come on, we’re here.” He says as he pulls into a parking ramp. 

           He leads me inside and my eyes widen, “Little man!” I squeal and run over to my parents who are standing by the front desk.  They turn and Seyong holds his tiny hands out to me with a big smile on his chubby face.  I take him from my father’s arms and squeeze him in my own.  “Oh, baby, I missed you.” I bite his cheeks softly as my mother scowls, “You were gone for 3 hours.” She retorts and I roll my eyes at her.

           “Miyoung!” I hear Eunae voice and turn.  She and Soojung walk towards us.  It wasn’t until then that I had finally noticed that they were all wearing nice formal wear.  “What-what’s going on?” I ask my parents as I turn to face them again.  “Sehun planned this for your birthday. Dinner and a magic show!” Jaehyung shouts while jumping up and down.  “Hyung!” And he takes off running behind me.

           I turn and meet Sehun’s smile, and a small smile forms on my own lips.  I leave everyone behind and start walking towards my boyfriend.  “Hey love.” He says in a low voice and my body wants to collapse on upon hearing his voice.  He gives me a boyish grin as I walk into his arms.  “Happy birthday, love.” He kisses my head and I smile, taking in his masculine scent in the process.

           “Come on, I’ve been waiting for you.” He snakes an arm around my waist after kissing Seyong’s head.  “Come on, it’s going to start!” Sehun shouts to the party still hanging by the front desk of the hotel. 

           Sehun leads us to the front tables by the stage.  Food arrives, and the magician starts working magic.  There are ‘wows’ and ‘ahhs’ around the room that’s actually pretty filled up.  I looked around the room once, and I noticed some faces of some business men and women, my aunts and uncles were in the crowd as well. And at our table sat Sehun and I, my parents, Jaehyung and Sehun's mother while Eunae, Soojung and the rest of the guys sat at either table next to ours.  A warm aplause went around the room and I look to Sehun.  His eyes shined and his lips were widening in a smile. He's so cute. I'm thankful.

           Sometime during the show, Seyong fell asleep cuddled in my arms. 

           “When is the show over?” I lean over and ask Sehun.  He turns his head, “Are you not enjoying this?” He asks and I quickly shake my head, “No-no, I am.  It’s just, baby’s sleeping, and with all the laughter in the room, I just don’t want him to wake up and be fussy.  Then he won’t be sleeping tonight which means I’ll have to be up.” I explain quietly as the magician continues. 

           “Oh…well he should be finishing up soon-”

           “And for my last act, I would like Park Miyoung to come up onto the stage with me.” I hear a loud voice before the man kneels in front of me, extending his hand out to me.  I lightly scoff and shake my head, “No, I’m okay-”

           “Go on, Miyoung.” Sehun and the other guests encourage.  “This was all planned out for your birthday,” the magaician says and I smile shyly, “so come on up here and help me out with my last act.” He says and I sigh.  I hand Seyong over to my mother who sits to the right of me. 

           “There you go.  Everyone, please give a warm applause for Ms. Park Miyoung as she comes onto stage.” I hear as I nervously step around the chairs and make it to the stairs before climbing onto stage.  “Now, for this first part, I just want you to sit on this chair. He touches my shoulders and makes a sprinkling motion in front of me, “There, I’ve just threw some magic onto you. You now have the power to make flowers appear.” He says and I smile, confused.

           “Every time you turn—well, first turn around.” He commands and I do.  I turn behind me and see nothing on the stage before he tells me to face the front again.  “Did you see anything?” He asks and I shake my head.  “Because there was nothing there.” He says simply and the audience laughs softly.  “But, every time you turn around, flowers will appear behind you.  Every. Single. Time-”

           And I turn.

           Sure enough, there were a couple of flower pots behind me.  “Ah! We have a sneaky one up here!” He announces and the audience laughs along with me.  I look down in front of me where our table was.  Sehun grins with sparkles in his eyes.  He shakes his head at me and I pout back. 

           I smile and count to three in my head before turning back.  The amount of flowers behind me grew.  There were bouquets of flowers on the ground and stacked on shelves.  I face the front again and a second later, I turn back.  Flowers were literally covering the entire floor.  “That’s impossible.” I mutter and the magician catches it.  “It surely is not impossible!” He says in his booming voice. 

           I furrow my brows and shake my head with a smile.  “Now look over at me.” The man says and I shift my body on the chair to face him.  He holds his hands out to me, “See, nothing—nothing at all.” He says and them hides his hands behind his back.  “Now, close your eyes and think of your favorite flower.” He says.  My eyes close and pictures of soft pink tulips pop into mind.  “think very hard!” He instructs and I nod, thinking.

           “Okay, open your eyes and” His hands come from around his back.  There’s a pink cloth in his hand and he lifts it into the air before covering his left hand with it.  When he removes it again, a bouquet of pink tulips is in his left hand.  “Wahh~” Astonished, I lean forward.  He hands it to me and I smile, bowing my head. 

           “Thank you, Miyoung for being such a good magician!” He says and I take that as my queue to get off stage.  I stand up but he holds an arm in front of me in a blocking manner.  “But there is one last thing I have planned for you.” He says.  I adjust the flowers in my arm as he pulls a small cream, cloth drawstring from his jacket pocket.  He sticks his hand inside and flips it inside out, showing me and everyone else that there was nothing inside. 

           “But wait-” He sticks his hands in there one last time and, “There’s an egg inside!” he shouts and holds it in the air as if it was the greatest thing on the planet.  Nevertheless, we’re all in awe at how he does this.   “Miyoung,” I snap back to my spot on stage.  He’s holding the bag out to me, “your last trick is to make this egg appear again.” He says while dropping it inside the bag.

           A moment later, he’s back to flipping the empty bag inside out.  “If you can make it return, you’re a true magician.” He says before sprinkling some more “magic dust” on me.

           I take the bag in my hand and shake the empty bag, having no clue as to how I’m supposed to go about getting the egg back.  “On the count of 3, I want you to put your hand inside and take out whatever is in the bag.” He tells me calmly and I nod, focusing hard, for some odd reason, on the bag. 

           “One…two…three.”

           My hand goes inside and pulls out, “a box?” I mutter and examine it before looking up at the magician.  He’s suddenly smiling at me and I look at him confused.  I see his eyes go from mine down to the box and I look down again.  “It’s just a little black box—Oh my,” I gasp and my chest begins to rise quickly. I look from the small  box up to Sehun’s glistening, gorgeous eyes. 

           He suddenly stands and mouths, ‘open it.’

           The audience looks confused as I shakily open the box up.  I am internally screaming and ecstatic when Sehun joins me on stage.  He kneels down in front of me and gently takes the open box from my hands.

           “Park Miyoung…” He sighs and tears start occupying my eyes in an instant.  He chuckles when he sees this, the audience swoons, and I whine.  “You are beautiful, loving and kind; the sweetest mother to our child, the hardest working person I know, and the only woman I can see by my side for an eternity.  I love you for giving me another chance, I love you for your sacrifices, I love you for your bashfulness and your craziness.  I love you, and I want to have you with all your flaws.

           Our love story wasn’t a fairy tale.  There were many-many obstacles that hindered us, but we pushed through it all.  I’m sorry you couldn’t go to the states to study, but I promise to give you the education that you need—that you could ever want.  I want to be the same support to you as you are to me.  And I want to thank you for all that you’ve done for me and our little family.

           Thank you for loving our little man Seyong, and thank you for loving me. Love changes a person, and me loving you changed me for the better.  There will continue to be harships in our future, but if we stay by each other's side, we'll be able to get through anything.” Sehun finally stops with sparkling eyes.  I nibble my lips as tears stream down my cheeks.  “So Park Miyoung, will you do me the honor of making me the happiest person to ever live...will you marry me?”

           My mouth opens and I nod while hiccupping.  Sehun laughs and quickly slides the ring on my finger as the room roars with cheers and wishes.  Sehun holds me in his arms and I bury my face in his chest.  My body shakes around him as he soothes me with calming words.  “God knows I love you so much.” He kisses my head before pulling away.  Before I could make myself presentable, he captures my lips with his.

           A loud applause waves through the room and in the midst of it all, I can hear the guy’s voices-Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s to be exact, screaming embarrassingly.

           Sehun’s thumbs wipe my cheeks dry and we both pull away while chuckling.  “Congrats Miyoung!!!!” Eunae shouts and I shake my head.  My eyes close and I take in the blissful moment.  It’s perfect, heavenly, and everything I could ever wish for. 

           I know for a fact that there will continue to be difficulties in our life, but as long as Sehun's by my side, I'll be okay.  Nothing in life comes easily; there are consequences for everything we do, but we just have to live it through.  I am now engaged to the man I love, we have an adorable 5 month old, and loving friends and family here to support us; what ever crazy thing life wants to throw at me, I am ready to take it on.  There are laughters and cheers, never ending applause, shouts from the crowd, and flashes of light from cameras; in this moment, it is a total chaos.  But this is life—this is my life, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hi Beautiful Lovelies! I am sad to say that Tied By A Child has finallllly finished!

Created on May 23, 2013 & Completed September 5, 2014; this story have given me so many great things from wonderful subscribers like you all to feeling proud of myself for actually finishing this. TBAC made me want to pull my hair out, made me want to give up, but remembering you guys always motivated me to keep going.

To those 1023 subscribers (yes, I remember) who has been with me since the very beginning (before getting featured), I am very grateful and blessed. And to all my subbers, thank you for getting TBAC featured. Thank you for your support, and your never ending, motivating, comments. I promise to make a return soon with another story, and hopefully it'll be better as I hope I would have matured in my writing (BUT FIRST, yes, I will finish You're Mistaken, Love Through Complications, and update The Beauty In My Lie, since I've promised to do so upon finshing TBAC).

**BUT OMG! SNEAK PEEK!? CAN I JUST LIKE SPILL MY NEXT STORY RIGHT HERE!? YEAH?!! okay. There are like 3  though, a Jongin one (His secretary), Minseok one (Life As We Know It) & a Lu Han one (Loving Him; has absolutely nothing to do with Lu Han's current love life as mentioned in the chapter. I don't really know if I want to write a continuation of Lu Han's lovelife, but who knows). And yeah, I just don't know which one I want to do first, but it's probably going to be the Minseok one, or Lu Han's because Jongin's story is and I'm currently not in the mood to write , ha! Anywho, there's your sneeeek peek. I hope you're excited! Cause I REAALLY TOTTALY AM!

/calmsdown/ I absolutely love and adore you all! Thank you, thank you so much! But before I say goodbye, "let me take a selfie first,"

 

 

/formallybows/ See you soon,

Miyoung.