036.

⚜ Tied By A Child

           A big stomach with aches and pains, sleepless nights and midnight cravings, 32 weeks, 8 months pregnant.

           It’s been almost 2 months since Lu Han and Sehun left; I can’t say I’ve enjoyed it as much as I originally thought I would.  I do mind their absence.  It hasn’t been the same even though I’m hanging out with Exo again…without the two guys there, it doesn’t feel complete…whole.

           I sighed, stretching my legs out on my bed, and massaging what I can reach when my door swung open.  “Noona! Soojung and Eunae noona are here.” He panted before the two girls showed up behind him.  Soojung wrinkled her nose as she patted his head, “You’re getting bigger.”

           My eyes gradually narrowed in, “You’ve never been more annoying.” I spat as they made their way over to me.  Jaehyung ran ahead of them and hopped on the bed, “Noona—”

           “It’s time for your walk.” Soojung stated, hands on her hips.  I rolled my eyes and scoffed, “What am I? A dog?” I muttered, not bothering to get up.  “I’m hauling 20 pounds around with me and I’m tired.” I swallowed hard.  “What more do you want from me?”

           Eunae rolled her eyes and sat at the end of the bed.  “Doctors’ orders. Come on; walking to the park, we’ll grab something to eat and walk back.  Doctor said you needed exercise…now up.” She grabbed my hands and lifted me up with the help of Soojung.  I moaned, making crying noises as I sat up.

           “And Soojung’s just lying. You don’t even look that pregnant. My aunt was your size at 5 months, so just be thankful.” Eunae stated as she helped me out of bed.  “Now…why don’t you go get ready?  Soojung brought you your cravings and I’ll go find something in your closet.” She stated as I mumbled some mumble jumble and walked into the bathroom.

I stripped off my oversized t-shirt and stared at myself in the mirror, stretch marks along my lower stomach, big s held in by my sports bra.  I sighed, running my fingers to untangle my wavy hair that grew down to my waist.  “I need to cut you…” I mumbled before giving up and twisting it into a bun.  I quickly washed up before leaving the bathroom and walking into my room.

           Eunae had a flowy dress in hand.  “Here…a dress will have to do. Might as well stick to wearing sweats and dresses because we both don’t want a repeat of what happened last time when you were in jeans.” Eunae muttered lowly as I narrowed my eyes.  She looked up and immediately dropped the topic, “Um…anyways, I’ll be down stairs, hurry.”

           After getting ready, I left my room and slowly made my way downstairs where the others were waiting.  A smile formed on my face when I smelled the delicious scent of my cravings.

           “Come eat, noona!” Jaehyung shouted before stuffing food into his mouth.  I my lips and quickly, but safely, ran towards the table.  “Eat up.” Eunae stated as she picked some food off her plate.  “We’re walking around the block then to the park.  Minseok and the guys are meeting us there.  They’ll be playing soccer.” She added before getting up to get something to drink.

           “Also, we have to go to your childbirth class today at 4.” Soojung said as she poured herself and Jaehyung a cup of juice.  I looked up from my plate, “mwo…?” I muttered through my full mouth.  She scowled, “child-birth-class-to-day-at-4.” She stated slowly, “aish—you’re a pig.”

           “—Soojung!” Eunae quickly in, “She’s pregnant.”

           I ignored them and continued to eat until I was full.  Jaehyung talked to me about soccer as the girls cleaned the kitchen.  Soojung groaned and collapsed onto the chair in front of me.  They had just finished cleaning.  “Let’s just take a nap now.” She murmured but Eunae grabbed her arm and pulled her back up, “Let’s go to the park!” she shouted before helping me onto my feet.

           On the walk to the park, Jaehyung dribbled the soccer ball in front of us girls.  Eunae and Soojung talked about college preparations and vacations, forgetting about me all together.

           I, on the other hand, couldn’t stop thinking about Seyong.  In just a couple weeks, I will be giving birth then there’ll be no more hangouts and sleeping in.  Prepare yourself for sleepless nights.

           I rolled my eyes at my conscious, I already have those.

           I rubbed my stomach and smiled softly.  In a few weeks, I’ll be able to meet my baby boy, the one who’s been living inside me for 8 months now, the one who ruined my future plans, but the one who I’ll hold closest to my heart. 

           “Hyung!” Jaehyung’s high voice rang in the air and I looked up.  The guys were kicking a soccer ball around the field as Jaehyung ran over to greet them.  They all welcomed him into their arms, patting his head and ruffling his hair.

           “Hey Miyoung!” Chanyeol shouted before running over and almost making us both tip over as he ran and hugged me.  “Goodness! Be careful!” Soojung scolded and pulled him off me.  I looked over at her, but she quickly turned to avoid my smirk.

           “You’re getting chubby, Miyoung.” Minseok stated as he pinched my cheeks, “it’s cute.” He added with a light chuckle.  I smiled and thanked him before the other guys came to greet me.

           The girls and I settled on a bench, watching the guys play soccer.  “We’re going to grab some drinks for the guys, Miyoung.” Eunae said as she got up.  Soojung followed after her and looked over, “You wanna come?” She asked me but I shook my head.  I can barely get up.

           “I’m fine…can you guys grab me something to eat?” I smiled shyly and Soojung rolled her eyes.  “Of course!” Eunae laughed and dragged Soojung away before she could give some witty remark.

           Finally, some time to myself.  I sighed and moved to the grassy ground.  I leaned back on my propped hands.  The guys play well with Jaehyung, teasing him, teaching him…spoiling him.  They’re such nice guys, and looking at the new them, I’m glad I got to know them this well.  I’m glad that they can be here for Jaehyung

           Some time passed and Eunae and Soojung returned.  They called the guys over and quickly passed out drinks as the sweaty men scattered across the grass area.

           Seyong started acting up again.  Baby, be nice to me for just a couple more weeks.  I pressed my hand against my belly, then suddenly a sharp pain jabbed my side.  I gasped and quickly hunched over.

           “Are you okay!?” Kyungsoo gasped, catching the attention of everyone else.  Seyong kicked me hard again in the same place, and I groaned painfully.  My hands rubbed my stomach, trying to calm my baby, trying to communicate with him.

           “What’s wrong, Miyoung.” Soojung was quickly by my side in seconds.

           “He kicked me.” I breathed on, leaning forward.  She grabbed my arm and helped me up with the help of Chanyeol.  I felt another painful jab on my side and I would have fallen if the guys weren’t standing so close to me.  “Do we need to go to the hospital!?” Chanyeol panic and I quickly shook my head.  I winced when Seyong did it again.  “Ahh-baby, stop.” I pleaded softly.

           “I didn’t kick you!” Jaehyung shouted as he looked up at me, and I forced a small smile, “no, baby, of course you didn’t” I gritted through my teeth.

           I straightened myself and looked at the guys, “don’t worry about me.” I forced a painfully chuckle, “I just need to walk.” I muttered.  Immediately, Soojung and Eunae were by my side, “mkay…” Eunae nodded, “We got this…we got this.” she said and lead us right through the guys.  “Go play, we’ll be back!” She shouted as she turned her head back before we walked around the block…many times.


           I was exhausted by the time we returned home.  Jaehyung immediately knocked out on my bed after a shower, but I stayed up.  The pain was gradually coming more, a couple times a day within a week, but of course that’d happen, I’m 8 months pregnant, which means that baby is eager to come out. 

           My head turned to the door after a knock.  My mother popped her head in and smiled, “Hey honey,” she greeted and I returned a smile, pushing myself up more on my bed.  “Oh no, you don’t have to do that, I know how it feels, dear.  Just get comfortable.” She said as she crawled onto my bed and sat by Jae’s feet.  I looked at her for a while before she finally turned towards me.

           “How are you holding up?” She asked me.  I lightly scoffed and looked around the dim room.  In a few days, I’d have to start clearing my things and make room for a crib, some dressers and more baby furniture.  “Horribly…but I can manage.” I told her honestly.  “I want him out…” I chuckled softly, “but I also want him by me all the time so I can protect him.  Is it selfish to say that I never want him to grow up, though he hasn’t been born yet?” I looked up at my mother whose smile widened.

           She took my hand into hers, “Oh honey, every mother wishes for that.  If that could happen, I’d keep you small and tiny so I can only hold you in my arms forever.” She smiled, “but you’ve grown up so beautifully, I would never go back to when you were that little.  I’m proud of you, Miyoung, really.  We said some bad things to each other in the past, but you’ve showed me patience and love.  And you’ve matured incredibly after finding out about baby Seyong.”

           “You’ll make a great mother, honey.”

           “And you’re a wonderful mother, mommy.” I chuckled before she joined and patted my hand.  She let go and turned towards Jaehyung .  “Well, you should get some sleep; you should be treasuring that right now before Seyong comes.” She said as she picked Jaehyung up into her arms, “I’ll take him away,” she grunted, “wow, this boy’s getting big…I’d definitely keep him small forever.” She laughed as she walked out of my room.

           My smile slowly faded as she left the room.  I closed my eyes and leaned back against my propped pillows.  In about two months I’ll giving birth and my whole life won’t be the same anymore, but it hasn’t been since I’ve found out about him anyways.

           I wonder how good of a mother I’d actually be.  I was stupid enough to get pregnant at this age, so who says I won’t make another mistake, maybe just as bad? 


Another update for you lovelies. :)) Just one more month and I'll be done with schhhoooool :)) Lol, I hope you all are enjoying school...lol, maybe? I'm just in a good mood right now despite everything that's happening at the moment, so I decided to set some time and update for you all. I miss you writing & reading your comments! And I hope you guys are semi-satisfied with this chapter, I know it's not best cause I'm kind of in a writer's block right now too, otl. but yeah, happy reading.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))