023.

⚜ Tied By A Child

           I smiled down as I looked at my baby bump.  Second trimester, 20 weeks and I’m finally showing.  I’ve been craving so many different kinds of food from dukkbokki and bubble tea to cucumber with peppers and fries and a burger.  My s are full and round, and my hair is longer and thicker than it was just months ago which I actually really like.

           I took the last fish strip from its package and started nibbling it as I walked home.  No Lu Han or anyone today.  The soccer team had a game and left school early, and Eunae went to Incheon to visit her parents. 

           It was nice being by myself…I haven’t felt as ease in such a long time after the incident 2 weeks ago.  School ends in 4 weeks and the entrance exams are two weeks away from now.  I really enjoy this time of year.  Everyone’s paying attention in class now and there aren’t as many activities going on after school because a majority of the students are in cram school or staying in a library for some extra study time.  No one really bothers me anymore, or cares, and that, I’m thankful for.

           Things are okay between Lu Han and me, but I can always sense something when Sehun appears and strikes a conversation with me.  After Sehun and I talked that one day on the rooftop, I saw myself slowing changing.  He was trying, and that was making me want to give him another chance.  I don’t think he likes me, and I don’t want to jump to conclusions and make a fool out of myself so I’m going to leave it at that.

           “Miyoung!”

           I jumped, startled before looking around confused.  I cocked my head and furrowed my brows.  I swallowed and took a step back as she quickly walked towards me.  I hugged my stomach and looked around for places to run to if I happened to need help.  “Wh-what do you want?” I muttered as she walked up to me.  It was awkward for both of us.  I don’t know what she wanted to do with me, but I was ready to make a run for it.

           “I want to talk with you.”  Soojung stated before pointing to a café, “in there.” She nodded her head towards the building before walking ahead of me.  My eyes never left her as I turned around to watch her lead the way.  What the hell was going on?  Hundreds of questions flooded my mind as my feet automatically followed behind her.

           She walked inside to a two seat table in the back corner, and I sat across from her.  My eyes glanced around the room incase this was some sort of set up or something.  “You can relax.” She muttered, “If I wanted to hurt you, I would have done it outside already.” She stated annoyed as I looked at her and cocked my head, “Okay then…what do you want with me then, Soojung?”  I straightened my posture to show her the confidence I really didn’t have at the moment.

           “What kind of drink do you want?” She asked me before I coughed.  “A--what!?

           “Ohh-shut up; stop playing dumb, Miyoung.” She spat, “I’m trying to be nice to you right now, and you’re making it really difficult.  What do you want to drink?” she asked me again before I shook my head.  “I’m not going to repeat myself.” She stated as she stood up, “If you don’t pick, I’ll pick it for you-”

           “Chocolate bubble tea.” I muttered under my breath before she walked off.

           My mind went completely blank.  What on earth is going on with her?  Is this some joke or is she actually trying to change.  I shook my head and straightened, “I cannot let my guard down.” I repeated until she returned.

           Soojung passed my drink to me and sat across from me.  I waited for her to take a sip before I did the same.  I looked up when she sighed in frustration, “You know…chocolate is oppa’s favorite.” She stated before I shook my head, assuming “oppa” was Sehun.  “I guess the baby likes it too.” She muttered.

           My shoulders relaxed when I saw the look in her eyes.  She wasn't looking for trouble.  “Just listen, okay? This is harder for me than it is for you—gawd, I don’t even want to do this.” she looked away and muttered under her breath before looking back at me.  “I…am…truly sorry for what I did to you in the past.” She stated, “it’s just that coming from a wealthy family does a lot of things to you.  My parents have high expectations for me, and when you suddenly took 1st rank from me, I couldn’t deal with it.”

           I opened my mouth then stopped when she threw me a nasty glare.  “Anyways,” she emphasized, “everything I did was, of course, out of anger.  And now that this has happened.” She sighed heavily, “it’s just very frustrating…” she quietly stated.  “Like, I mean, I know you don’t mean any harm, but I can’t deal with the fact that Sehun is hanging out with you more.  If you didn’t know…I actually really like Sehun, but this relationship between us, is nothing more than a pleasure dealio…” her eyebrow raised and her lips twitched.

           “I’m really jealous of you because you got first…and you’re still first even after all these years.  And now that you’re…pregnant…you’re first to Sehun now.”  I was reluctant on believing her but the look in her eyes was softening me.  I’ve never heard her say anything like this to anyone; she isn’t a person to apologize.

           “I just want to know if…you like him.” Soojung whispered softly before I immediately straightened and shook my head.  “No—no, I don’t.” I answered automatically.  Her shoulders relaxed and a small smile appeared, “thank goodness.” She muttered.  She fixed her hair and looked at me again, “I was wondering if you would…wouldn’t mind…Sehun and I keeping our relationship because I really like him.” She told me.

           I pressed my lips together as my heart suddenly felt like it was stopping.  You shouldn’t care, I told myself, but I really did.  He was gradually growing onto me and I didn’t like the fact that Soojung liked him.

           “I mean, you don’t like him.  I swear, if you let us continue our relationship, I’ll try to be on my best behavior.” She muttered dryly before I sighed.  You’re going out with Lu Han, Miyoung.  Give her the happiness that Lu Han gives you.

           “F-fine—yeah, I’m totally okay with it.” I forced with a smile.  Soojung brightened immediately, “Oh my gosh—I have to tell Sehun now.” She beamed, “he told me that he won’t do anything because of you and now that I have your permission, everything’s okay.” She sighed satisfied and stood up, “Bye!” she giggled and left the café.

           My brows furrowed as I watched her leave.  “What the heck…that was it?” I muttered as I slowly stood up from my seat.  I sipped a little of my drink as I left the café and continued walking home.  After what just happened I was shocked and confused, but I didn’t want it to affect my day so I let it go.  I’ll deal with it later, I told myself.

           After a block I picked Jaehyung up from head start.  “How was school today, Jae?” I asked as I swung his hands.  He groaned, “Boring…it was hot and humid and the teacher wouldn’t let us go out to play so we had to stay inside.” He complained as I swiped his sweaty hair back.  “Of course, Jae. Why would your teacher let you guys out to play when it’s this hot?  Wouldn’t you want to stay inside for AC instead of getting all hot and sweaty?”

           “—and smelly.”

           I froze to that voice before turning my head to look behind me.  “Ahh! Nampeun namja!” Jae shouted as he pointed to Sehun.  I relaxed and lightly nudged his shoulders, “Jaee~~” I hissed as Sehun chuckled and walked over to us.  I my lips, “What are you doing here?” I asked him as I took a step forward.  He shrugged, “Can I not be here?”  He replied back with a question.  I scrunched my nose and crossed my arms over my chest, “Where’s Lu Han?” I asked with a smile.

           Sehun chuckled, “Changing the subject now?” He paused for a bit, “he’s eating out with the team.  I ditched out because I wanted to come see you instead.” He told me before an endless wave of fireworks exploded inside my chest.  I tugged at my lips and bit down to suppress a smile as Sehun turned me around and we started walking down the sidewalk.  “Just smile, Miyoung.” He chuckled softly before I released my lips and pressed them together.

           “Noonaaa~”

           “Hello,” Sehun looked down at Jaehyung and sweetly smiled, “I’m Sehun.  What’s your name?” he asked him before Jae looked at me then back at him.  “You don’t need to know my name.” Jaehyung replied stubbornly before I snickered.  Sehun only nodded his head, “That’s okay then…do you want some ice cream?  I just got done playing a soccer game and I’m really hot and smelly right now.” Sehun commented before Jaehyung suddenly beamed and jumped up and down, “NE! Ice cream-juseyo!”

           I glided my tongue against my teeth and rolled my eyes.  “Assa!” Sehun chuckled before Jaehyung stopped and looked up at him.  “Cheonun Jaehyung-imnida.” He bowed.  My eyes widened shocked.  “You play soccer?” Jaehyung asked him before Sehun nodded, “Geureom! I’m vice-captain of our school’s soccer team.”

           “Vice-captain!?” Jaehyung shouted ecstatically.  “Can we go to the park today? Can you teach me soccer?” He asked Sehun as we entered an ice cream parlor.  “Yeah, we can go after I buy you some ice cream.” He replied back before I sighed and scrunched my nose, “Jaee~~ Lu Han’s captain on the team.” I stated before he gave me a look, “I don’t like Lu Han anymore.” He stated stubbornly before I sighed, “…fine then, but I want to go home.” I whined before Sehun turned to me, “I can take you home…then I’ll take him to the par-”

           “No! You crazy! My parents would kill me.” I interrupted before looking around the parlor embarrassed.  Sehun chuckled at my outburst, “You’re cute.” He muttered before swiftly turning, “Jaehyung, what kind do you want?” He asked before Jaehyung pointed, “Chocolate!”

           My face went red after that comment.  I slowly turned away and went to find a seat by the window.  If someone looked at me, they would have thought I was freezing cold in this hot weather from my goose bumps on my arms, but that wasn’t the case.  Every little thing Sehun does seems to make my heart flutter.  I’m bothered by it because I shouldn’t be feeling this way…but I can’t stop it.

           I grasped one hand with my other hand to stop the shakiness when they walked back.  “Noona! Sehun got you chocolate bubble tea!”  Jaehyung shouted.  I turned and shivered, “Ohhh—I already had some earlier though.” I spoke softly while taking it from Sehun’s hands.  “Really? After school?” Sehun asked me before I nodded slowly, “Mhmmm…Soojun-yeah, afterschool.” I quickly stopped myself.  I pressed my lips together and mixed the drink around before taking a small sip.  “Did you want to walk to the park then?” I asked them before they both nodded like little children, well, one was, but the other…

           I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the parlor.  “Let’s go—”  “Let’s go to Han River.” Sehun stated before he and Jae both ran towards the city bus.  I rolled my eyes and groaned before I followed after them.


           “Noona…I’m hungry.” Jaehyung whispered to me as we sat on the bus waiting for our stop.  “Me too, baby…just wait until we get home, okay?” I told him before Sehun spoke up.  “I’ll take you two out to eat…probably just street cart food though because it’s pretty late and every other place is probably closed or is closing.” He stated.  “Plus, what kind of a guy would I be if I didn’t buy something for you three to eat before I send you guys home.” He stated with a small smile.

           You three to eat… My heart did flips inside my chest.  The bus suddenly halted to a quick stop.  Jaehyung jerked forward and I quickly grabbed him as Sehun protectively pulled us back against the seat.  My breathing hitched as I grabbed onto his arm, afraid to fall.

           “Whoaaa~” Jaehyung stretched slowly before I straightened and turned to Sehun just as he did the same.  “Are you okay?” he asked me with worry in his voice.  I released my grip and nodded, “Y-yeah…I’m fine.” I answered back before I noticed it was our stop.  “Jae—” I said as I tugged on his shirt, “let’s go.” I told him before we got off the bus.

           Sehun followed after us.  “Let’s eat there.” He said pointing to a corner food cart as he caught up with us.  Too tired to reply, I simply followed him.  After he ordered some food, Jaehyung started a conversation with him.  I sat and waited, listening in on what they were talking about which was soccer, of course.

           While Jaehyung was talking to Sehun, Sehun managed to sneak a look at me and smiled, “you sure you’re okay?” he asked me quickly before I nodded, “Yeah…me and the baby are fine.” I unconsciously smiled back, “Thank you…” I muttered.  My cheeks rose with color.  Sehun smiled and opened his mouth before he was interrupted, “Here’s your food! Enjoy!” The lady stated before Jae beamed, “Finally! I’m hungry!”

           I moved my attention to the food and away from Sehun.  “Make sure you eat a lot, Miyoung.” Sehun whispered closely to me before I straightened and turned my head.  We both looked at each other, our nose, inches apart.  “Eat a lot, okay?” Sehun muttered before my heart did a flip and my stomach churned.  I rested my hand on my stomach to feel my baby’s sudden movements. I gasped quietly before my heart raced in excitement.  A smile made its way across my face unconsciously.  “What happened?” Sehun asked before I chuckled, “baby…” I shook my head, “never mind-”

           “What about the baby?” Sehun asked before he looked down.  “You’re smiling though…” he trailed out before his eyes widened, “Did it kick!?” He blurted before I furrowed my brows.  “I mean, ever since the rooftop meeting, I went a bought a whole bunch of books about pregnancies and I think the baby should be kicking by 16 weeks.” He stated quickly, “that’s what I read anyways….”

           Sehun did what…!?  I didn’t know what to think.  Sehun was really changing because of the baby and I’m not sure about how I feel about it.  This sudden feeling with him isn’t good at all.  I don’t want to like him, plus I just told Soojung she can basically have him.

           I have Lu Han.  And Sehun…he just wants to be a father to our baby…nothing more.  I told myself.

           “Miyoung?” Sehun said before I snapped out of my thoughts.  He sighed heavily, “Fine, never mind. You don’t have to tell me, I get it.” he muttered before turning to Jaehyung.  “Hurry and eat so I can take you guys home, okay?  Your noona looks tired.” He stated before Jaehyung nodded, “Ne!”

           My heart began playing games with me.

           I tried forcing every thought about Sehun out and started eating my food.  “Here…have some of this too.” Sehun casually stated as he passed a bowl of soondae bokkuem over to me.  I took one look at it and shook my head, “uh uh…” I muttered as I pushed it back towards him.  “What?” Sehun replied back quickly before I shook my head, “I don’t want to eat that—or baby doesn’t, anyways.”  I turned away so I wouldn’t be able to smell it as much.

           “Don’t you crave spicy good though?” He asked me before I nodded, “Yeah, but something smells in that and it’s making my stomach churned…and not in a good way.” I muttered before I stuffed my mouth.


           “You’re all full now?” Sehun asked me before I nodded, “Yeah…thank you.” I replied softly before adjusting Jaehyung in my arms. 

           “Here…let me take him.” Sehun said as he already reached over and took Jaehyung from my arms.  “You shouldn’t be doing much…like carrying a heavy load.  I read that in a book.”  Sehun stated with a grin.  I shook my head, “It’s just Jae…he’s not that bad.” I stated as we walked down the block.  “You say that but you’re totally lying right now.” He chuckled before I scrunched my nose.

           I walked around the back and opened the door before Sehun followed me inside.  “Let me go tell my mom we’re back…stay here.” I firmly stated before I went into the store.

           When I opened the door back into my kitchen I froze.  My dad was talking with Sehun.  My heart raced.  “Aaappaaa….?” I muttered before they both looked at me.  “Oh, Miyoung.” My father grinned before a shiver ran down my spine.  Goose bumps rose to my skin in fear.  “Miyoung, who is this young fellow?” my father stated, trying to embarrass me.  “Where’s Lu Han?” He asked before I furrowed my brows.  “Ahh—appa, we—he has to go now.” I quickly stated before I took Jaehyung into my arms and kicked Sehun.  “Go.” I hissed as I nudged him towards the door.

           Sehun smiled and suddenly stopped right in front of the door before he bowed to my dad.  “It was nice to meet you, Mr. Park.” He grinned before getting up and leaving.  I kicked the door shut and turned around to see my father raising a brow at me.  I scrunched my nose and handed Jaehyung over to him.  “Bye appa! Goodnight! I’m going to sleep early!” I shouted as I darted up the stairs, not wanting to hear him say anything.

           I closed the door safely behind me before walking over to my bed and collapsing.  “This was not a good day.” I muttered, “not a good day…”


aj;sdlf;jads OHHMErgAAWDD! SO MANY SEHUN/MIYOUNG SCENE NOW. I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE. I MISS MIYOUNG AND LU HAN!!! DOn'T YOU!???

Ughhh, anyways, yeah, another chapterrr for you--what do you think of Soojung? Changing? No? A trick? && What a about Miyoung? IS she stupid for giving Sehun away or do you think their relationship will only be to parent the baby?? && omg, Jaehyung's hatred for Lu Han, it's not funny, but I'm actually laughing, OTL.

Geeze, I really miss Lu Han in this story...

Lol, Anyways...I'm sorry I only update like one a week and whatnot. Thank you all for being patient with me!!

**XOXO

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))