001.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


          “Ohh~OHH~ She’s coming~ She’s coming~!!” I heard some guys in front of me shout as they ran into the classroom.  I sighed, ready to take on whatever they had planned to make my life a living hell.  I hugged my books tighter against my chest as I entered the classroom before suddenly tripping on a piece of string.  My books fell out of my hands as water poured down on my head.  The Classic Prank.

          I opened my mouth to breath as water streamed down my face mixed with some unexpected tears.  My chest heaved as I sat on the cold tiles.  The class erupted in laughter as they saw the mess.  Even students from other classes stopped to see what was so funny.  I wiped the wet strands of hair away from my face before lifting my head up, “Are you done?” I asked calmly but bitterly.

          They just continued to laugh before the queeka walked up to me, shaking her head, “Ani…” She muttered as she removed her hands from her back and dumped a bunch of glitter on me.  Just perfect, isn’t it?  I closed my eyes and took everything in before the teacher walked in, “What is going on!?” He shouted as he entered the room.  “Jung Soojung! What are you doing!?” He shouted as he grabbed my arm and helped me up.

          “Ahh, seosaengnim, Hyunsu and Bae were going to clean the floors but Miyoung ran into them and they split water on her.  I was going to help her up and slipped on the water, causing the glitter to fall on her.”  She replied in a girly voice.  Nam seosaengnim looked at me, “Is this true?” He asked me before I turned my head to Soojung.  She threw me a death glare and I quickly nodded my head, “Ne-ne, seonsaengnim.” I quickly muttered before bowing, “I'm sorry…I’ll clean this up after I change.” I said quickly before turning around.  I ran into someone as I exited the room.  The person quickly grabbed me from falling before I shook his hands off and bowed, “I’m sorry.” I said and dashed out of the room.

          I changed into my gym clothes and stayed on the rooftop the whole rest of the day.  I was not planning on leaving until the school day ended.  The hot sun dried my clothing as I lay on the floor of the rooftop.  Footsteps and loud chatter were heard coming up the stairs.  I cursed and quickly forced myself up before running behind the green house and hiding.

          “Ahhh, oppa, what am I going to do in college?” I straightened at the voice.  “Soojung, you’ll do fine.” Another voice replied to her answer.  “Sehun-oppa, what college are you going to?  I’ll get into that one too.” She giggled as I slowly rose up to see them.  She had her arm around his neck, and his hands rested on her waist.  He chuckled huskily before Soojung attacked his lips, hungrily.

          Damn.

          I’m stuck here until they le—  “Oppa—oppaa~” She moaned as I covered my ears from hearing anything further.  I lifted my knees up as I flatted myself into the corner. 

          “Oh! Oppa, look!”

          My head shot up a little too fast hitting the back of the cement wall.  “It’s Miyoung’s uniform.” Soojung giggled. My eyes widened and I cursed.  “Ugh—”  Sehun grunted, “Soojung, I need you right now.”  He pleaded her before she whined, “No, wait until we get to your place.  I want to have my fun with this ’s uniform.”  I popped my head up to see her grabbing my clothes from the hangers and hooking her arm with his, “Come on…” She said before skipping out.

          I cursed as I stood out into the open view.  My feet dragged on the floor as I opened the door out and walked down the stairs.  I’m going home.  I can’t deal with this anymore.  I don’t even understand why they do what they do?  I’m just the quiet girl no one’s supposed to pay attention to.  I’m the smart girl everyone’s afraid to talk to.  They’re not supposed to be doing this to me.  I did them no harm.

          Was I just that easy to make fun of?

          The halls were full of students on break as I walked to the nurse.  She looked up from her desk, “Oh, Miyoung, you’re here again?” She asked me before I nodded, “Ne, seosaengnim, minahamnida.” I bowed my head before she sighed, “What happened this time?” She asked as I went to lay down on the same bed by the corner every day. 

          “The classic 'trip on the string and get water dumped on you' trick…along with the new glitter bomb.”  I muttered as she walked towards me with a cup of orange juice.  “Here honey.” She said giving me to the cup.  I thanked her before taking it in my hands.  “I’ll sign the slip and you can leave school.” She sighed before I thanked her again. 

          After finishing the orange juice I set the cup on the table and was about to leave the bed when I heard the door sliding open.  “Nurse Kim!”  I cursed.  This girl is everywhere.  “What’s wrong, honey?” The nurse asked sweetly.  “I need more condoms.” Soojung breathed before some drawers opened, “here you are.”  The nurse replied before Soojung ran out of the office with the slamming of the doors.

          I got off the bed and walked from behind the closed curtains.  Nurse Kim looked at me half-heartedly, “Kids these days…” She muttered while shaking her head, “There are so few like you, Miyoung.”  She stated as she signed off on the half sheet of paper, excusing my absence from school.  “Continue to do what you’re doing.”  She told me as she handed the paper to me.  I nodded with a faint smile and left the room.

          After giving my paper to the office, I left the school.  Only 4 more months and I’ll be free of this place.  I have plans to study in America where I won’t ever have to see these people ever again.  I’ll start new and won’t return to this place.  “HEY PARK MIOUNG!”  I heard multiple voices shouting my name just before I was about to leave the school gates.  I turned around and gasped as my uniform was thrown off the rooftop.  Rips and tears, strips of my skirt flew away with the wind. 

          I swallowed the lump growing in my throat.  They laughed as I turned around.  Don’t worry, Miyoung.  It’s only clothing.  You can always buy another uniform.  I tried comforting myself as I walked down the streets with tears streaming down my cheeks. 

          Why am I so emotional?  Being emotional never helped anyone.


          I entered our small family shop.  “I’m back…” I muttered before my younger brother came running from the back, “Noona~~~ back!” He shouted as if I’ve been missing from his life.  He giggled as he ran to me; he never fails to make me happy.  I picked him up and hugged him tightly, “Annyeong, Jaehyung.” I chuckled and kissed his chubby cheeks.  “AHHh~ Noonaa~” He whined as my mother appeared, “Miyoung,” She gasped, “What are you doing back already?” She asked before I shrugged, “I wasn’t feeling well again.” I lied while putting my brother down.  “Aigoo…” My mom walked up to me and touched my forehead, “Let’s go to the hospital, uh?  Something must be wrong if you keep having to miss school days.” She replied, “You’re not going to get into college if you keep missing school, honey.” She told me before I smiled.

          “Umma, I have the best marks in school.  I’ll get a scholarship to study in America then I’ll become successful, and after I earn my degree I’ll find an amazing job and support your guys for the rest of your life.” I replied as I hugged her tightly.  “Ahh,” I muttered, “Is appa in the back?  I'm huungry~” I giggled before he mother pinched my cheeks, “Aigoo, my beautiful daughter…you work so hard for us.” She said as she held my hands and led me to the back room.


          The following morning I went out and bought another uniform.  I had to use my save money to buy everything because it was so expensive.  After I returned home, I took Jaehyung out as my parents took care of the shop.  “Umma!  We’ll be back before dinner, arraso!?” I shouted as I walked to the front of the store.  “Ne!  Honey, can you go buy some underwear for Jaehyung?  I don’t know where they always disappear to.” My mother told me as she walked to the counter with a box of vegetables.   “Ne, umma…I’ll see what I can get him.” I smiled and grabbed Jaehyung’s hand.  “Arraso,” I walked out while looking he looked at me with a big grin, “Let’s go, uh?”

          It was Saturday which meant that the mall and markets were going to be crowded.  My hand tightly held onto Jaehyung’s as I created a pathway through the crowd of people.  “Are you okay, baby?” I asked as I turned my head quickly to see him nod.  “We’re almost out of the isle…then I’ll take you for some ice cream, okay?”  His eyes lit up, “Arraso, noona!” He chimed as I chuckled. 

          We made it out of the crowd and got on our bus.  Jaehyung led the way to the backseat and sat by the window.  He reached out for my hand, “Noona…” He muttered before I smiled, “What baby?”  He scrunched his nose cutely and pouted, “I’m not a baby anymore.” He whined as I laughed, “Ani, ani, you are one.”  I pinched his nose softly before he swatted my hand away.  “Nooonnaa~~” He complained.  I nodded, “arraso, arraso…you’re just a grown man who likes to wear Spiderman underwear.” I giggled as he crossed his arms across his chest and puffed.  “Aigoo, I’m just kidding,” I chuckled as I picked my brother up and sat him on my lap, “You’re the manliest 5 year old boy I will ever meet.”  I kissed his cheeks, “Don’t grow up to be a bad boy, okay?” I told him firmly as he nodded, “Guereom!  I’m going to be good boy and grow old and take care of you and mommy and daddy forever!” He said as he spread his arms to emphasize forever.

          I kissed him again and hugged him tighter before he spoke, “Noona?” He said quietly before I replied.  “Noona, do you have to leave to America next year?” He asked me in a gloomy voice.  My shoulders tensed up, “Ahh…Ne, Jaehyung.  I have to go…but just for a bit then I’ll come back and I can buy you everything you want.”

          “What if I want you to stay? Can I buy that right now?” He questioned before I cracked a chuckled, “You can’t buy that baby-my manly Jaehyung.”  I chuckled, “Don’t worry; if something happens, I won’t go.”  Jae turned his head and looked up at me, “I hope something happens…so you don’t have to go away from me.” He bluntly stated before I furrowed my brows, “Even if I won’t be happy here?” I asked him.

          “Why won’t you be happy here, noona?  Don’t I make you happy…and mommy and daddy?  Don’t we make you happy?”  He challenged before my heart began to ache.  I gave him a genuine smile, “Ahhh, O-of course…I’ll always be happy wherever you guys are.”  I sighed before the bus stopped.  I looked up, “Baby, it’s our stop.”  I told him before he jumped off and turned around, “NOONA!!” He shouted and I jumped back.  “Wha-Oh!” I giggled and ruffled his hair, “I’m just kidding; you’re not a baby anymore, right.”   

          I stuffed the clothes into my backpack and took my wallet out.  “You want the sponge bob popsicle, right?” I asked him before he shook his head, “Aniyo, I’m a big boy now and big boys don’t eat those anymore.”  He told me.  “But that’s your favorite, honey.”  I patted his head, “You can still eat that.”  He shook his head, determined, “Ani, I want the chocolate ice cream with a sugar cone.”  He said before I nodded, “Arraso…Stay here at the table.” I told him firmly, “I’ll be back.”

          I turned back to see Jaehyung sitting at the table as the person in front of me left.  I walked up, “Hello, can I get one chocolate and one vanilla ice cream in a small sugar cone?” I asked before the man nodded.  He punched some buttons before looking at me, “That’ll be 4500 won.”  I gave him the money and stepped aside waiting for my order. 

          “Here, Jae.” I handed his ice cream to him before he took it happily.  “Tell me if you like it.” I told him as I sat down across from him.  He it and smiled, “Of course I’m going to like it! I love chocolate!” He giggled as the shop doors opened.  I looked up, my first reaction.  A group of seniors walked through laughing.  I straightened when I saw Soojung, her group and Sehun and the other Exo members.  “Ahh, Jae, let’s go.” I stood up and put my backpack on.  “I’ll be back, okay?” I told him as I went to grab some napkins to wipe his mouth.

          I quickly walked up to the counter and grabbed some napkins before I hastily turned and met someone’s chest.  I stumbled back as the guy’s hand grasped my arms.  I tensed up and bowed 90 degrees, “I’m sorry.” I muttered and stepped aside to leave when I lifted my head up and Soojung stepped in front of me.  I flinched and stumbled back before I met the hard ground.  I cursed and looked up as Soojung snickered, “Look who we have here…”  She muttered as she looked at my outfit, “Who knew the could clean up so well.”

          I looked away and wiped the ice cream off my loose dress.  I heard the employee state, “Hey! Don’t start something in here.”  He warned Soojung before the Exo guys snickered.  My heat raced as I heard Jaehyung’s little voice shout for me.  “Noona!  Oediga!?” He pushed his way through the crowd.  I forced myself up as he ran to me.  “Noonaa~”

          I hugged him and before I heard Soojung scoff, “Wahhh—”  “-Soojung, cut it out.”  I lifted my head and turned around in the direction of the voice.  Lu Han.  “That’s enough.” He added before Sehun sneered, “Hyung, you’re stepping up for this girl?” He asked before Lu Han rubbed his temples, “I’m sticking up for no one…I just want my ice cream.”  He added before the other guys laughed.

I bit my lip and quickly bowed with a barely audible apology before leaving the café.  “Noona, who was that?” Jaehyung asked me before I shrugged, “No one, honey…I don’t know who they are…”  I sighed, “Come on, let’s go home.”  I ruffled his hair as we walked home.


Yay! I have finals this week then I GRADUATE!!! SO EXOCTIED!

Thank you for subscribing guys, I love you all very much! I hope you guys enjoy reading this! I'll try to update this story once or twice a week. I'm sorry if you're subscribed to other stories, I know I've been neglecting them. OTL I'll try to update once school's over! :))

Comment and Subscribe!?

--Miyoung:))