Chapter II

Not Just a Myth

Back in the classroom, Dongwan, Minwoo, and Hyesung felt somewhat awkward around the new students. They hadn't done anything to them, why would they have to kill them? They hoped that what Mrs. Lee said turned out to be wrong, and Hakyeon and Taekwoon turned out to be normal transfer students. Eric on the other hand was indifferent, and the only reason why he went along with them was because he likes being the leader. It makes him feel powerful.

When lunch came around, everyone crowded around the transfer students. Hakyeon greeted them brightly, however Taekwoon gave them the cold shoulder and was extremely invested in eating his lunch. They don't seem like bad people, Dongwan thought. He stood up and gathered his lunch together, looking for the other three he was going to meet. He looked around the whole classroom then realized they had left him. Dongwan wasn't too down about it, however. This tended to happen to him. He would eat lunch alone at his desk and study, no one bothering him, and him not bothering anyone. He was about to sit back down when he heard a shout from the door.

"Oi! Dongwan! Aren't you coming?" He shot his head back around to see Minwoo standing at the door. He stood there, astonished by the view of someone waiting for him. He smiled and picked up his stuff again and ran towards the door. When he got there, Minwoo returned the smile.

"Hyesung already left, the bastard." Minwoo scoffed. He started to walk towards the cafeteria and Dongwan followed. "Who knows where Eric went. And honestly, I don't care. I doubt he actually will show up." He shot a grin back at Dongwan. Dongwan became flustered and looked down at the ground. Minwoo eyed his bag filled with books and asked,

"What are you reading?" He grabbed the top one. "'Chinese Herbs and Medicines.' Huh. Sounds boring." He chuckled and gave the book back to Dongwan. He returned it to his bag and started,

"It's becau-"

"What? You are gonna have to speak louder, Wannie."

Wannie. Wannie. He gave him a nickname. He became flustered again but quickly cleared his throat and said

"It's because I want to be a doctor."

"You already decided what you want to be?" Minwoo said, astonished. "I'm jealous. My parents are pressuring me to figure out what I want to do the rest of my life. Well, I know what I want to do, but, I mean, dancing doesn't really count in my parents book." He chuckled a bit.

Dongwan smiled in response and then the two walked in silence until they reached the cafeteria. Once there, they saw Junjin and Andy at a table in the back, Andy looking rather uncomfortable and Junjin somewhat amused by the younger one. Junjin noticed Minwoo and Dongwan approaching.

"Minwoo hyung! Dongwan hyung! Come sit." Junjin grinned and patted the seat next to him. Minwoo sat there and Dongwan decided to sit next to Andy. He felt like they could get along well.

"Hyesung hyung went to get food. I don't know where Eric hyung went." Junjin said after people settled in. Junjin and Minwoo seemed like they would get along fine. They were both athletic and had the same sense of humor. 

"Don't count on Eric showing up." Minwoo said, scowling. "He left the classroom before the bell even rang."

"But what do we do? He is supposed to be our leader." Junjin said, frowning.

"That good for nothing loach doesn't deserve to be our leader."  Hyesung said, arriving with a tray of food and sitting down next to Dongwan. "Sorry for leaving you two, but you know how the lines here are. Didn't want to miss the meeting." He flashed a grin at the group.

"Now that everyone who matters is here," Minwoo said. "Let's formally introduce ourselves. I'll start. My name is Lee Minwoo. I am captain of the dance club. I have a lovely girlfriend named Amy." Dongwan looked down, somewhat disappointed. His look then turned to confusion when he realized his emotions. Andy laughed a bit at him, causing Dongwan to look up, making Andy flustered. He was saved when Junjin started his introduction.

"My name is Park Choongjae."

"Choongjae?" Minwoo chuckled.

"That is why I go by Junjin. I am captain of the track team and the number 1 high jumper in the high schools of Korea. I don't have a girlfriend." He winked at Andy, who became flustered again. Junjin let out a hearty laugh at his discomfort.

"My name is Jung Pilkyo."

"Oh my god, these keep getting better." Minwoo said, laughing again.

"Yo, brother." Junjin said and attempted to high-five Hyesung across the table but was ignored.

"Loser." Minwoo said.

"But my mom got remarried so I go by Shin Hyesung. I enjoy to sing, especially ballads."

They sat in silence, waiting for one of the other two to start. Dongwan realized the situation and quickly cleared his throat.

"Um... yes. Hi. My name is Kim Dongwan. There is nothing really special about me." He laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure there is." Minwoo said. "What about the books in your bag?" Dongwan blushed.

"Oh. Those. Um, I want to be a doctor when I grow up."

The others, excluding Andy, nodded, then expectantly looked at him, waiting for his introduction.

"Um... Lee Sunho... I go by Andy..."

"Don't force yourself." Junjin said, patting his back. "You'll get there eventually."

After that, they continued on conversing about themselves and learning about each other. Well, Minwoo, Hyesung and Junjin at least. Then the bell rang for class to start and they separated ways again.

"He didn't even show up!" Hyesung said, angry. "He said he would!"

"I told you not to expect anything." Minwoo said in an I-told-you-so voice. "No one will be able to control Eric."

The trio arrived back in class, gaining weird looks from people again. They tried to ignore the murmurs that were coming from their classmates and sat down in their spots. Soon after, the class started. 

Around ten minutes in, Hyesung, who sits a few rows in front of Eric, was tapped on the shoulder. He turned around to see his classmate gesturing with his thumb to Hakyeon.

"Where's your friend?" The transfer whispered, pointing to the seat next to him. Hyesung shrugged and turned back to the board. He tried to pay attention, but he couldn't help but think of Eric. It was strange he wasn't in class. Even though he is the school's gang leader, he was never tardy to class. What do I care? Hyesung thought, shaking his head in attempt to refocus on the class.

The end of the school day came around rather quick, and there were still no signs of Eric. Whether he liked it or not, he was concerned about Eric's whereabouts. No one knew where he went, not even members of his gang. If he doesn't show up tomorrow, Hyesung thought,​ then I will become more concerned.

He went to vocal club and forgot about Eric. When club was done, he headed home. Half-way home, he got a call from someone unexpected.

"Andy?" He said after pressing the 'accept call' button. He had forgotten until now that they exchanged numbers during lunch. "Why  did you call?"

“Can I request something of you, hyung?” Andy asked. Hyesung was taken aback by the sudden directness in his voice. What had happened to that shy, timid Andy that he ate lunch with.

“Uhh... yeah, sure. What is it?”

“Can you go get some bandages at the convenience store by the school?”

“Why? What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” Hyesung panicked a bit.

“I’m not, but someone else is.”

“What? Andy I don’t understa-“ He stopped his sentence when he realized he was talking to the beeping of the phone.

“What the heck?” He thought out loud, and turned around to go buy bandages from the store. He had no idea what type to buy. Large? Small? After standing in the same spot for around half a minute, going back and forth between different types, he decided to just buy every kind. Better safe than sorry. He thought. He took the many packages to the counter and received a weird look from the checker. What the hell is this, Andy. He thought, blushing in embarrassment. This better be for a good reason.

After leaving the store, he mentally cursed Andy and thought of what he was going to tell him when he saw him at school tomorrow. He was stopped mid thought when he heard a groan of pain from the alley next to the store. Curious, he looked into the dark space. He was surprised by what he saw. He squinted and rubbed his eyes before walking deeper into the alley. After his eyes adjusted to the dark, he noticed a dark figure sitting on the ground with his back leaning against the wall. He was bleeding from cuts all over his body. Strange, he thought. He looks familiar. Another groan came from the man and then it hit him.

“Eric?”

- - -

(A/N yay another update. The next chapter is being written, so anticipate it to come out some time soon~ Please leave a comment! thank you~)