Chapter X

Not Just a Myth

Eric and Hyesung sat in the classroom even after everyone left. Eric didn't want to go home. He wanted to stay with Hyesung forever, and escape from the world. He didn't want anything to do with this "demi-god" or abusive bull. 

He sighed.

"You don't want to go home, do you?" Hyesung asked, grabbing his hand.

"What?" Eric snapped out of his train of thought. "What makes you think that?"

"Well, for one thing," Hyesung looked up at the clock, "it's been 15 minutes since clase has ended."

Eric grinned sheepishly at Hyesung. "Sorry. You probably need to go to vocal class, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do." Hyesung said, coldly. 

Eric had to admit, that made him feel a bit hurt. He took his hand away from Hyesung and looked down.

"But," Hyesung started, causing him to look back up. Hyesung took his hand. "Your well-being is more important."

Eric felt his stomach drop and is breathing became irregular. Someone was giving something up for him? Someone he loved?

Without warning tears started to overflow from his eyes.

"E-eric!" Hyesung said, shocked. "Was it something I said? I'm sorry..."

He stood up from his chair and kneeled by Eric's side, pulling him into an embrace. He felt Eric's wet tears on his neck. 

Hyesung's heart broke. He knew Eric couldn't go back to his house. He wouldn't allow it, not with that bastard around. There was no way.

"Live with me."

- - -

Andy was sitting in the far back corner of the bleachers, as far away from the high jump pit as possible. Of course he would love to be closer, but if he was discovered he wouldn't know what to do. What if he found out he liked him?

He cringed from the possibilities. He was a jock after all. With jock friends. 

A shiver ran through his body.

"Andy!" A voice from the front of bleachers called out. He looked up, surprised with wide eyes. It was only Minwoo, with Dongwan following close behind. Of course. Andy smirked.

He quickly looked over to the field where Junjin was before. Had he heard Minwoo call him. To his relief, he was still listening to his coaches instructions. He heavily sighed.

"What is our shy little friend doing here all alone?" Minwoo said, sitting next to him. Andy shifted uncomfortably. What should he say?

"Watching Jinnie?"

Andy's head shot up. Had he seen through him?

"He's pretty good, isn't he Wannie?" Minwoo said, sitting back.

"Yeah. I'm jealous." Dongwan responded, watching Junjin as he successfully cleared a pretty high height. 

So they didn't think he liked him? He sighed once again. He's beginning to think he does that too often.

"So how long have you liked him?" Minwoo said

 Andy was shocked. Had he read his mind? Did Apollo do that?

"Um..." Andy tried to get out of the situation. "Like a friend, you mean?"

"Don't try to fool us, Andy." Minwoo said. "We aren't dumb or blind."

"I... I don't know what you are talking about."

"If that is true," Dongwan said, "It is kind of sad that the reincarnate of the goddess of love doesn't realize he has a big fat crush on someone."

Andy sighed. How could he fight against that?

"But... I don't even know if he likes me back!" Andy said, giving in. "I can tell when people are meant to be together. Like Hyesung hyung and Eric hyung. Even complete strangers! When I look at them, I see their red string of fate. This has been happening for as long as I can remember, and that is why I believed it when Mrs. Lee told us we are reincarnates."

"So why don't you just look at his string?" Minwoo asked.

"That is the problem. His leads to nothing." Andy said. 

"Why don't you look at yours?" Dongwan asked.

"Mine leads nowhere, too." Andy said. "I have no clue if we are meant to be together or what."

They three sat in silence as they watched Junjin clear another bar, recieving claps from his coach. He looked into the stands and saw the three of them sitting there, so he smiled and waved at them.

"Maybe..." Dongwan said, waving back. "Maybe you are supposed to make your own fate." He turned to look back at Andy.

"Or maybe we aren't destined to anyone." Andy said, looking sadly at Junjin. He sighed again.

"Love hurts."

---

Andy had to run some errands and go home, so Dongwan and Minwoo waited for Junjin to be done with his practice to walk home together. Minwoo and Junjin lived in the same direction.

"Where is Andy?" Junjin said when he had retrieved his bag and made his way over to the exit where Minwoo and Dongwan were waiting.

"He had some stuff to take care of." Minwoo said. "Why, do you not like us?"

"No!" Junjin said, putting his arms over his hyungs shoulders. "I just like Andy," he chuckled.

Minwoo and Dongwan stopped in their tracks.

"What?" Junjin said, looking between the two. "Is that weird?"

"Like, like like?" Minwoo questioned. "Or just like? Like friend like?"

"Hmmm," Junjing thought, looking at the darkening sky. "Probably like like. Yeah, like like." He nodded his head and smiled. "He's cute."

They stood in silence until Junjin fidgeted uncomfortably.

"It is weird, huh?" Junjin said, taking his arms off of their shoulders.

"Oh my god, you guys are idiots." Minwoo sighed, walking away from him. Dongwan sighed and shook his head, following behind Minwoo.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Junjin said, running to catch up with them.

"Have you ever considered talking to him about it?" Dongwan asked him.

"Kind of..." Junjin sighed. "But what if he doesn't like me? What if it becomes weird? I'd rather just be his friend than mess up what we have now by telling him."

Minwoo facepalmed. 

"You know he is the reincarnate of the goddess of love, right?" Dongwan said, getting somewhat annoyed with the twos behavior.

"Yeah, so?"

"He can see everyone's red string of fate." Dongwan continued. "Maybe you should go talk to him about where yours leads to."

"Can I do that?" Junjin asked. "Is that allowed? Honestly, I don't know very much about this 'god' thing we have going on."

"Why don't you ask Andy?" Minwoo said, stopping when they had reached Junjin's house. "Call him tonight and talk about the strings."

"I don't know." Junjin said, rubbing the back of his neck. "What if it messes up our friendship."

"I promise, it won't." Minwoo said. "Now go take a shower and call him."

Junjin smiled. "Thanks, hyungs. See you tomorrow!" He waved and went inside his house.

"What are we going to do with them..." Minwoo sighed.

Minwoo put his arm around Dongwan's shoulders started walking in the direction of his house.

"Come on, Wannie! Let's go have some fun!"

---

Minwoo's house was only about 6 minutes away from Junjin's. Dongwan had been flustered the whole way here.

"Come in, make yourself at home." Minwoo said when he opened his front door. "Mom?" He yelled into the house. "I'm home! With a friend!" He disappeared into his kitchen, leaving Dongwan standing in his entryway, unsure what to do.

"Looks like something came up with my parents." Minwoo said, coming back towards Dongwan. He was looking at a note in his hand. "They aren't going to be back until tomorrow afternoon."

He looked up at Dongwan and smiled. "Guess it's just me and you now."

Dongwan felt his heartrate quicken and his cheeks becoming warm. 

"Come on, lets play some video games!" Minwoo said, grabbing Dongwan by the arm and pulling him to the living room.

---

Time passed quickly and before the two boys knew it, it was 9:00.

"DAMN IT!" Minwoo yelled as Dongwan beat him once again. He sighed and threw his controller on the ground. "You are better than I thought you would be."

"I didn't even know I would be this good." Dongwan chuckled. He looked at the clock on the wall behind Minwoo and gasped. "Minwoo it's 9pm!"

"Really?" He said, turning to look at the time. "Oh..." He looked at the t.v. screen in disapointment.

"I should probably go..." Dongwan sighed, getting up from his spot on the floor. "Thanks for having me over! I had a lot of fun. This is the first time I have gone over to a friends house..." He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. Minwoo smiled and stood up from the couch. Dongwan went back to the entrance and started to put on his shoes, Minwoo following close behind.

"Don't go..." Minwoo said once Dongwan had gotten his shoes tied and had stood up. Dongwan turned around to face him and blushed seeing his pouting face.

"It's late, my parents are probably worried. I'll see you tomorrow?" He picked his bag up off the floor and turned to leave, but Minwoo was faster. He grabbed Dongwan and turned him back towards him.

"Don't leave." He whispered before taking Dongwan's face in his hands and leaning in to kiss him. At first, Dongwan stood in shock, unsure of how to respond to Minwoo's sudden action. But then, when he realized it wasn't just a joke he was playing on him, he dropped his bag and pulled Minwoo closer to him, responding to the kiss. 

Dongwan wanted to stay there forever. 

Of course, he was disappointed when Minwoo pulled away for air, a smile on his face. They stood there for a moment, looking into eachothers eyes, before Dongwan finally broke the silence with a relieved and love sick sigh.

"I'll stay."

---

(a/n wow woW wOW WOW I UPDATED THIS ONE TOO. 

THIS IS BECOMING TY I FEEL LIKE IM SORRY I GUESS I DONT KNOW HOW TO WRITE THIS TYPE OF FIC? ALL THE OTHER ONES FLOWED OUT SO EASILY AND THIS ONE IM LIKE WTF AM I EVEN WRITING

ANYWAYS THANKS FOR READING I APPRECIATE YOU <3)