Chapter 2

The Misconceptions of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could feel the cold early winter air wash against my face, refreshing my senses and awaking me to the beautiful morning. I was standing in the balcony of the apartment and looking out into the world, thinking of how far I had come.

I was insanely happy, everything I was now and where I was at, it was all earned by my standing on my own two feet. And of course the one person who believed in me.

It had been one long and tough road, first in school and then all the way through college. My choice to follow music was still something my parents didn’t approve of, and maybe never would. Jinki had gone with me to explain it to them, to pour out everything and beg and plead for them to listen, but they refused to. In fact they disowned me as their son and that’s when I really knew there was no turning back.

I had worked during college and Jinki worked two jobs, but we managed. We graduated and found jobs, me as a lyricist and Jinki as a composer. It was hard at first since the music industry was a difficult one to survive in, but we made it, having nothing but one another for support.

Three years since graduation and we both work steady jobs for several music labels, even seldom together on few projects. Seoul had its very own singing street, where Jinki and I would go once a week and sing for joy. Either him playing and me singing or we just both sang. My life is absolute bliss.

The apartment was small though, more space taken by wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter