Her Insecurities

To see you again

Sora just started college; actually she has many hesitations before deciding to attend Dongguk University to take a major in drama.  She actually is just an ordinary girl with dreams of becoming a good actress just like any other girl in middle school.  But unlike them, she is very timid and awkward towards other people.  Her puberty is a bit hard for her since she was a little overweight unlike her classmates who are starting to bloom into a young lady.  And because of her weight issue, she was bullied by her classmates that made her develop a low self-esteem.

“Yah! Sora-shi, you really are annoying to look at! face!” said one of her classmates trying to bully her that made her other classmates look at her with disgust.

“You think people will accept you as an actress when you look like that? Aaahh, right, not everyone in the entertainment industry is beautiful, some are like you specially those comedians who are famous because of their ugly faces!” such comment made the whole class burst into an uncontrollable laughter.

Sora is so embarrassed that she ran out of their classroom with tears flowing down her face.  How can they be mean to me? she thought. She could never face them again so she talked to her parents and she transferred from a regular school to being in a home school.

Not only after she graduated from high school through home school did her body start to change and mature.  She has become taller and her face softens and now becoming more and more lady like.  Because of these changes, she started to go on a diet; she also started to do research of what she should be eating to have a slender figure.  She worked really hard to maintain her S line figure and soon enough her work paid off.

With her new looks, it gave her some courage to go back to school and she realized that a lot has changed since high school. People are a lot nicer to her, they talk to her and become her friends and little by little she adapted to her new world. Until one day, an offer to be a model for a print ad was offered to her and there her career started.

 Standing now in front of her full length mirror, she took off her towel, just in her underwear, she take a look at her reflection.  Is this really me now?  Why does it feel like I’m not looking at myself? Still unable to believe in what she sees, she took the towel off the floor and covered herself with it.  Aissh, why can’t I see myself as somebody that is beautiful?  How can I match him when he’s so handsome and charming and cute and adorable…. Mmm.. she sighed as endless adjective flooded her mind just at the thought of him.

She puts on her a school uniform and again looks at the mirror, ottoke, I hope he will find me attractive wearing this uniform.  Her heart beats faster, she’s so nervous for in about an hour she will meet her again. =)