Chapter 1: The Book

Where's Waldo? (discontinued)

A/N

hello! this is the first chapter for MusicChibi's challenge. 

I promise this won't be a long story. I'm only expecting it to be two or three chapters. (:

hope whoever reads this enjoy it!

 

"Wooyoung, go get your hair styled by Jieun. It's a mess."

Wooyoung hated being ordered around by his manager. He didn't dislike his manager; he just hated the tone of his manager's voice whenever his manager spoke to him. The blonde idol stood up from his comfortable position on the couch and walked over to his stylist. To tell you the truth, Wooyoung only listened to his manager because he hated his messy, bed hair.

If you haven't noticed by now, Wooyoung hated many things. 

Jieun, his stylist, sat him down and began styling his thick, blonde hair. As Wooyoung glanced at his reflection, he found another thing he hated: Common faces. No, he did not think that his face was common looking. He was thinking about his stylist, who oddly resembled many other women in the room. Wooyoung hated that. 

"Jieun-shi," said Wooyoung. 

Jieun stopped what she was doing and looked at the idol through the mirror. Her heartbeat increased in speed as she made eye contact with the Hallyu star. With hopeful eyes she asked, "Yes, Wooyoung-shi?"

"You should get a new haircut," he stated bluntly, "You look like everyone else in this room."

Jieun froze. Unintentionally, a deep frown formed on her face. Her heartbeat lowered it's speed. Jieun touched the ends of her bangs and pushed them away from her face. "Yeah." was all she said. 

Jieun silently finished styling Wooyoung's hair then walked over to the other side of the room. She took a seat besides Taecyeon, sighing as she made herself comfortable. Taecyeon knowingly glanced at her and patted her knee. "Did Wooyoung hurt your feelings again?" he asked.

Jieun nodded. 


"Wooyoung!" "OPPA, I LOVE YOU!" "SARANGHAE!" "JJANG WOOYOUNG!" 

Millions of lights flashed. Thousands of incoherent screams echoed through the room. Hundreds of people swarmed in front of them. The only safety 2PM had from this mob were a dozen body guards, a raised stage, and two plastic tables. Besides that, 2PM could be fully mobbed by the screaming fans. The boys of 2PM quickly made their way to their seats and waited for the meet and greet to begin. 

"You ready for two hours of never-ending fans?" Junho whispered in Wooyoung's left ear. 

"Not really," Wooyoung quickly mumbled as he greeted the first fan.

The fan meet went on for hours. It seemed as if millions of fans walked past them. To Wooyoung's annoyance, many of them appeared the same: Same hairstyle. Same fashion style. Same glasses.

Time passed and only a few dozen people were left. 2PM tried to smile, but their faces were numb from keeping the same expression. The boys sat up tall and waited for the next group of fans to walk on stage. A girl, no older than 16, strode up to the six men. She walked past the other members and stopped at Wooyoung. Her glassy, blue eyes gazed at him. 

The girl blinked at him twice then she placed a thin book in front of him.

"Um, thank you," Wooyoung mumbled, "Would you like me to--"

Before he could even finish his sentence, the girl walked off stage. She quickly dissolved into the crowd. Odd. Wooyoung looked down at the book in front of him. The colorful title on the book read, Where's Waldo?

"Oppa, please sign this for me," asked a different fan.

He pulled his eyes of the book and signed the fan's sheet of paper. Wooyoung didn't have time to wrap his mind around the book in front of him. His mind was occupied by the remain fans. 


"Hey, what did that weird fan give you." asked Nichkhun, "A book?"

Nichkhun picked up the book that rested on the table of their dressing room. He didn't dare to open it, but still examined its cover. Nichkhun looked at the book with familiarity. "Oh! I know this book!"

Wooyoung looked up from his phone and raised his eyebrow at him. "You do? How?"

Nichkhun smiled, "In the states they have these kinds of books. It's not really for reading but more for amusement. You have to find this character in a sea of people." He pointed to the odd, cartoon man on the cover of the book. The cartoon's colorful outfit and glasses scared Wooyoung.

"So it's a game?" asked Wooyoung. Nichkhun nodded. 

Wooyoung grabbed the book from Nichkhun and headed to their car, "I think I'll play this 'game' now." 


It was finally time to leave the meet-and-greet. After helping with clean up the other 2PM members headed back their van. The five men happily laughed and opened their van. Inside, a frustrated Wooyoung laid across the seats. 

"Wooyoung-ah. GET UP!" yelled Junsu in his Daegu accent. 

Wooyoung slowly pulled himself up and made room for the other members to sit. The other members climbed into the van and started to question Wooyoung. "Where were you?" "Why didn't you help clean up?" "What was up with that weird fan?" "Let me see that book she gave you!" 

"I was here trying to play with this stupid book!" yelled Wooyoung as he waved the Where's Waldo book around, "Where is this dang Waldo person?! I can't find him!" 

Nichkhun pulled the book out of Wooyoung's hands. After a few seconds, Nickhun placed the book back in Wooyoung's lap. On the first page, Waldo was circled with a pen. "How could you not find that?"

"It was hard!" defended Wooyoung, "All the people in here look alike!" 

"I swear you're blind. Maybe you should look at things better!" yelled Nichkhun. 

The other four men laughed. Seeing Wooyoung and Nichkhun fight was a rare sight. The two were about to get in each other's face again, but Taecyeon decided to sit in middle of them.

"This probably why you can't find a girlfriend," Taecyeon said knowingly, "One, because you are stubborn. Two, because you don't see what is actually in front of you."