First Snowfall

Love is Sweeter the Second Time Around

  

 

 

 

                                sssssssssssss ss                                

                                                                                                                                                

 

    Today is the day. I have been waiting for this day from what seems like forever. After a long debate, I decided that today, no matter what will be the day that I would pop the question to Jinhee. I carefully opened the small red velvet box where a silver ring was neatly placed. I carefully took the ring out of the box and attempted to slip it on my pinky finger, although it barely fit. I am amazed at the idea that someone could have such small and delicate hands. I held my hand out and examined the ring, while squinting one eye. I smiled to myself as I realized that in a matter of hours that this ring will not be on my finger, but hers. Unknowingly I let out a loud squeal, "Kyaa~!" I quickly covered my mouth, earning some unpleasant glares and looks of dissaproval from passerby. I was shocked at the fact that such a feminin squeal could ever possibly leave my lips.  

    "Now, look at this madman here, this is the type of person I told you to get away from. If you keep following that Taekyung of yours you'll turn out like that thing.", a middle aged woman whispered to her teen daughter while pulling her in a different direction away from me. I smiled, "heh, I am indeed high, I am high off of love."

    "Dude calm you're " I heard the young man from the next table direct to me. I was too happy to care. My heart was literally beating at 175 miles per hour. It was beating so fast, I swear I could get a speeding ticket for it. I met Jinhee for the first time, freshman year at Seoul National University. She was assigned as my Chemistry lab partner on the first day. I must've saved Korea in my past life in order to have such luck. Of course I was one of those weird nerdy kids, that didn't dare speak to anyone out of their league unless they wanted a beating, I only took quick glances at her every second I had. I guess she noticed it, because Jinhee now always taunts me about how I used to be obsessive with her just to urk me. When I thought my luck couldn't get any better than that, Jinhee randomly started doing things such as approach my table at lunch and eat with me, she asked for my number, and even asked me out. Yes, it did hurt my pride as a man how she always made the first move, but I was completely happy with the way it was, because I knew that she was the complete match for me, if it weren't for her boldness, we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are today. Today will have to be the day where I step up and take my rightful place, because I will not let Jinhee, again, make the move. I measured Jinhee's finger in the middle of the night in order to have the perfect size a couple months back, I hope she didnt gain any weight... just kidding, my Jinhee is perfect in everyway. She was flawless. JInhee was the type of girl where every other female was envious of and the whole male population would turn their heads just to sneak a peak at. I swear she could be Miss. Korea without trying. Although she is very gullible, she has the looks, the body, and the wealth, although she was rich, she isn't the typical rich girl, she isn't a-- excuse my language-- , she is an absolute angel. She values friendship and family. She is beautiful inside and out. God, since when did I become so greasy?! Jinhee really needs to stop obsessing over Infinite's Nam Woohyun. Because of Greasy Namstar, I started picking up all these greasy habits.

    Before I didn't even know who the heck Choi Jinhee was. I know shocking right, who didn't know who Jinhee was? She is the "Choi Jinhee", the eldest daughter of Mr. Choi, the chairman of the largest stock company in all of Korea. Since she was the eldest daughter, she was the successor to the company, which is why her parents strongly opposed our relationship. Due to partnership in business her parent's arranged a marraige for her with this kid named, Kris Wu, who's parents own one of the most poular hotels in all of Asia. He was a handsome lad, yes, I hate to admit it, but he was a perfect match for Jinhee. Yup, I was a nobody- correction I am a nobody. While they were heirs of large companies and had all the money the world had to offer, the only thing that would be passed on to me is my mom's small restaraunt. As for my father, he was a voice instructor, who trained me since I was young.

     For the sake of our love, Jinhee broke off the engagement, passed on her title to her younger brother, Junhong, and moved out of her parents house. I don't think Jinhee has been in contact with either of her parents, except for Junhong, ever since the incident. I knew that if I tried to change Jinhee's mind, it will not turn out very well because first of all she has the mind of a bull! Second, it would do nothing but make her angry, and you should never make her mad. She does things without thinking and things go very wrong... Aish that girl, she's a handful.

     I put the ring back to it's original place and slipped it into the pocket of my coat. I took a sip of my now cold cup of almond milk tea. I gave the tea a look of distaste. Indeed hot drinks are only good when they are hot. I am a bit early for our date-okay maybe really early. I have been here since 3 PM even though our date is at 7 PM. 

    "Ahem, excuse me sir, are you done with that? you've been here for the last four hours." A young waitress asked me, while impatiently tapping her toes on the floor. 

    "Ahhh, sorry, I guess I got carried away, I'll take my leave. Oh, keep the change." I said as I left a couple of extra bills on the table. As soon as I opened the door, the cold air instantly slapped my face, signaling that winter was here. I couldn't wait to see the first snow fall with Jinhee like how we did last year, the day where we also shared our first kiss together. I looked down, my cheeks turning 50 shades of red at the thought. 

    "Daehyun!" I looked up at the familiar voice. Jinhee was across the street from me jumping and waving her hands around like crazy. Oh. My. God. this girl. 

    "Yah! Be quite!" I signalled to her, but of course she didn't seem to care. I couldn't stop laughing at her childish behavior. Man, it's more like I'm her father than her lover. "Hurry up and come over before the signal turns red!" I yelled at Jinhee. as she started crossing the road, I heard a loud honk and tires screeching across the black pavement before I could even respond to it, the large car rammed into Jinhee's petite body causing her to hit the windshield of the car and rolling off of it onto the cold hard ground due to the impact of the hit. The car slowly pulled in reverse and sped down the other end of the street, leaving Jinhee lying on the gound unconcious. I ran towards Jinhee and saw that she was lying in a pool of her own blood. As I shouted to the small crowd surrounding Jinhee to call 119 but no one seemed to care about a dying person but more about taking pictures and posting it on the social media. " all of you." I said under my breath as I swiftly embraced her in my arms and lifted her up bridal style. As I picked her up I saw a drop on white speck land on Jinhee's cheek. One drop after the other. I looked up in the sky seeing that snow was falling down upon us. The first snow.

                                   sssssssssssss ss                                

                                                                                                                                                

Author's Note~ 

Annyeong! Please support my first story by reading and subscribing! I hope my first chapter was to your liking!