Who Terrifies You Most Of All?

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo gazed at himself in the mirror, eyes large as his reflection stared back at him.

Only his reflection was doing something different. It was smiling, lips stretched in a twisted grin; the eyes bulged with a wild look in them. The warped expression looked odd with his features.

Myungsoo took a step back from the mirror, panic on his face before he quickly closed his eyes, then opened them again. Nothing had changed. "This can’t be happening," he whispered, breathlessly.

"Oh, but it is," his reflection whispered back and lunged at him. Skeletal arms materialized through the glass, then a pair of bony shoulders, and finally a head that wasn’t his at all.
"I’m in a dream! I’m dreaming!" Myungsoo screamed, trying not to let the other touch him, arms flailing wildly in a futile attempt to defend himself.

"Oh, no silly. This is very much real."

The thing’s grin grew and quick as lighting it snatched Myungsoo and yanked, dragging him into a world you only dream about in nightmares.

 

--------------------

 

"Where are we going?" Myungsoo spoke out, trailing behind the stranger in front of him.

The thing had a shuffle-drag kind of walk. One foot worked relatively well while the other dragged behind him at an unnatural angle. Myungsoo made sure to keep his eyes glued to the thing’s uneven back and balding head.

Everything around them was dark. Dark walls, dark sky, dark clothes. Everything--no light to be seen whatsoever. It was as if they were in perpetual darkness and yet could still clearly what was in front of them.

The thing before him whistled an eerie tune; Myungsoo’s gut was saying he should flee, that there was something out there far worse than the thing before him, but he’d manage somehow.

"Nowhere." The thing before him spoke, turning to face Myungsoo.

"What’s your name then? Why did you bring me here?"

"No one. No reason. Nothing," he answered, grinning wildly again before gripping Myungsoo by shoulders.

"Make sure the Apes don’t get you," it whispered close to his ear, letting out that eerie whistle before belting out a hysterical laugh and vanishing like smoke.

"Apes?" Myungsoo whispered into the silence.

Myungsoo stood where he was, stunned and scared to move forward. His eyes darted around like crazy; he had no idea where he was. This had to be some kind of messed up nightmare. Everything looked like a horror movie--rust everywhere, garbage, things in shambles. If anyone lived here, he doubted they were sane.

He must really be stressed. The only question he had now was how to get home.
 

--------------------

 

Hoya watched as Myungsoo stumbled around the deserted streets and frowned. He didn’t know why a human was here, but he was sure it had to do with the King. He’d probably run out of humans to play with. Why else would one of his little henchmen have dragged the human through the glass?

He followed Myungsoo for a while before he jumped down from the roof, landing in front of him. He grinned as the other screamed, fell flat on his , and scurried away.

"Trust me, little human, there are far worse things in this place than me," he murmured, squatting to see the human eye to eye.

"Am I dreaming?" Myungsoo spoke.

"No," was Hoya’s simple reply. He watched as whatever hope the human had left him.

"Now, get up and follow me if you want to live, hmm?"

He stood and waited for the other to do the same. When he finally did, moments later, Hoya began his way down a deserted alley. He wasn’t sure how long they walked for. It took hours though; he made sure to send the kid’s scent all over the place in case the Apes were looking for him. He hadn’t seen any in some time, but that didn’t mean they weren’t hiding in the least expected places. Apes, as stupid and slow as they were, enjoyed playing chase with their food.
 

--------------------

 

As they made their way into yet another alley, Myungsoo wondered again why he was following something that clearly wasn’t of his world. Oh, it looked human all right, but the smooth way it walked and the way its eyes were an unnatural color had tipped him off. The fact that he smelled a little funny helped too, but Myungsoo was beginning to wonder if that was just the mess around them.


"What’s your name?" he asked after he couldn’t stand the silence anymore. "What are you?"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter