愛の手紙

愛の手紙

 

Yunho sat there by himself, eyes staring out of the window. Beside him, an envelope was laid, a letter peeking out from the slit. He released a sigh, his breath forming puffs of white smoke as they exit his mouth. Closing his eyes, he reminisced back to those times, a faint smile on his lips.

 

"Junsu, stop playing games with Junho, it's time to sleep!" Yunho instructed from the doorway, arms crossed. Junsu let out a squeal, shocked by Yunho's sudden appearance. 

 

"But hyung," he whined, "I'm already on my last stage. Junho hyung and I are gonna go defeat the big bad boss now."

 

Junsu looked at him with pleading eyes, the phone and controller still in his hands.

 

"Can you let me finish the last stage first?" he pleaded.

 

Yunho sighed. He could hear Junho's voice from the other line as he screamed in excitement at the impeding finale. Threading his fingers through his hair, Yunho turned his gaze away from Junsu's puppy dog eyes, knowing that it was a battle lost from the start.

 

"Don't play till too late." he commanded before he stepped out of Junsu's room, just in time to hear Junsu letting out a bellow as he charged on to the boss at the final stage.

 

"CHARGE ON FOR DONG BANG SHIN KI!!" 

 

Yunho's lips curved into a smile as Junsu's shouts echoed behind him. Junsu was pumped up as always. Turning round, he then noticed that the light next to Junsu's room was still on. Hearing soft melodious sounds of piano keys tinkling, Yunho immediately knew who was in the other room. 

 

"Yoochun ah," he groaned to himself, "Why is everyone hell bent on not sleeping?"

 

Turning away from the window, Yunho picked the letter from the floor, the perfume on it enticing him. He laughed to himself. The fan who sent this letter probably did not even know the significance of the perfume. After all, who would be able to guess the exact perfume that he only wore since he had multiple bottles?

 

Still chuckling, Yunho placed the letter on the table, his eyes straying to the grand piano positioned behind him. Staring at the ebony and ivory keys of the piano, Yunho felt his hands tremble as he walked forward, feeling the sudden urge to lay his hands on those keys.

 

Ding!

 

Yunho jumped in a start as the single sound resonated throughout the whole room. Whirling his head around, he heaved a sigh of relief when he noticed that no one was around him. Who would have thought? Jung Yunho, leader of Dong Bang Shin Ki, was actually afraid of a piano sound. Chuckling at his idiocy, Yunho sat on the piano bench, his hands naturally positioning over those familiar keys.

 

"Yoochun ah, what are you doing?" Yunho frowned as he entered the room after a single knock, "It's already 1am in the morning. Don't you think it's time to sleep?"

 

Yoochun furrowed his eyebrows in slight annoyance at the interruption of his composing. However, upon seeing the cause, his eyes lightened up immediately.

 

"Yunho hyung," he greeted happily, "Come and hear this."

 

He stepped forward, pulling Yunho to sit on the piano bench with him. Composing himself, Yoochun stretched his fingers before the piano, his eyes twinkling as he began to play, notes blending together to form a perfect melody.

 

Yunho closed his eyes as he focused on the music Yoochun was presenting, his mind calm. The melody that Yoochun was playing seemed to brought out some cheery side of him as Yunho fought his impulse to smile, his mind recalling all those times they played together as a band, fighting together for the same dream.

 

"It's excellent." Yunho proclaimed as he patted Yoochun on the back, "You really did a great job."

 

Yoochun beamed.

 

"So hyung, you like it?" he questioned, a hint of uncertainty in his eyes.

 

Yunho laughed.

 

"I love it, Yoochun ah. It's excellent! I'm going to try to get the management to include it in our new upcoming Japanese album. Have you thought of the song lyrics yet?"

 

Yoochun shook his head.

 

"I'm not that sure yet hyung. Somehow, I want this song to be different from the songs I've composed in the past."

 

Yunho nodded in acknowledgement.

 

"Do you need more time then?"

 

Yoochun hummed in response. Yunho smiled. 

 

"Yoochun ah, gambatte!" he pumped his fist in the air, grinning as Yoochun's face broke out into a rare grin.

 

"Hyung ah, sometimes you're really like a child you know?" he uttered before Yunho stuck his tongue out at him and closed the door to his room. It was only when Yunho was outside the door that he realised that he had forgot to nag Yoochun to sleep and instead had encouraged his detrimental night composing behaviour. Yunho smacked his forehead with his palm. How could he have been so easily distracted? Sighing, Yunho left Yoochun alone, praying that Yoochun would sleep early that night and know his limits.

 

He was wrong.

 

Yoochun did not sleep for the entire night. Yet, as he laid out the lyrics to the new song he had just composed the night before, Yunho could not resist the impulse to smile. Clapping Yoochun on his back, Yunho took the music sheets immediately, turning around and passing them to their manager then.

 

"Now go grab some sleep." he chided, pushing Yoochun to his room, never noticing the pride that was exuding from Yoochun's eyes..

 

Tears blurred his vision as his fingers moved around the keys, the familiar melody sending bouts of warmth down his body.

 

 "TVXQ," Yunho murmured as his fingers pressed on the keys before him, "My Hero, My Max, My Uknow, My Xiah and Micky,"


"We’re the one, eternally~" he finished, ending the song with a perfect chord. A chord with five keys. Yoochun was really a genius in composing huh? Wiping the tears off his face, Yunho moved away from the piano, astounded that a letter had brought him to touch the musical instrument that he had not touched in years.

 

Heading towards his bedroom, Yunho opened the door and was greeted with the luxurious king-sized bed that was before him. Giving in to his sudden impulse, Yunho ran to his bed and jumped on it, screaming in excitement. He landed flat on his back. Gazing at the ceiling before him, he stretched his hands and intertwined his fingers, never noticing the syllable he was forming.

 

"W?"

 

Yunho asked.

 

"What has that got to do with Dong Bang Shin Ki's fanclub name?"

 

Changmin sighed in impatience. Taking out a pen and grabbing a piece of paper, he drew five dots on the paper and looked up to Yunho, observing him for any signs of revelation. Yunho's lips pursed in irritation. What was it that his maknae was trying to say? There were five dots on the paper, that he knew. The five dots could represent all five individual members of Dong Bang Shin Ki. Still, what was the link between those five dots and 'W', and what had 'W' got to do with their fanclub's name? They could not possibly name their fanclub 'W' now could they?

 

Changmin heaved another huge sigh. Grabbing the pen once more, Changmin drew four lines, linking all five dots to form the letter W. Yunho's eyes bulged in surprise. Staring at the letter before him, he looked back up at Changmin and repeated the cycle a few times.

 

"Hyung," Changmin said in slight annoyance, "So what do you think?"

 

Yunho's lips gradually formed into a smile as the shock began to slowly wear off. 

 

"So that's why you chose the name Cassiopeia right?" he questioned Changmin, "because W is the star constellation for Cassiopeia."

 

"Yes, but-"

 

"No buts, Changmin ah," Yunho grinned at Changmin who stood there hesitantly, "Cassiopeia it is, and Cassiopeia it shall be."

 

Thus, on April 23 2006, Cassiopeia was born.

 

His hands lay limp by his side as Yunho slept on, his soft snores permeating throughout the room. The light of the setting sun shone in through the blinds of the window and reflected off his face, enveloping him in hues of orange and red. A shadow flitted across his face as a figure opened the door to his bedroom and sneaked into the bed, embracing Yunho from behind.

 

"Jae?" Yunho mumbled blearily, "What took you so long?"

 

Jaejoong smiled evasively.

 

"Didn't you shower?" he replied with a question instead, "You absolutely stink."

 

"Whmmph-"

 

Yunho was cut off as Jaejoong showered him with kisses upon kisses, cutting off his oxygen supply for half a minute or so.

 

"Jae?" he breathed heavily when he was finally let up for air, "what's going on?"

 

Jaejoong beamed.

 

"We're going to do it. We're finally going to do it!" he chattered happily, pulling Yunho's hands apart and pushing them back together, forming a clap, "We've finally succeeded."

 

"What do you mean?" Yunho asked, a seed of hope blooming in his heart.

 

"Avex reached an agreement with our company in Japan yesterday. Our recordings are going to start by June and our album is estimated to be released by August!"

 

Yunho dropped his hands that were in Jaejoong's grip.

 

"Y-you.. You mean t-that..?"

 

"Yes," Jaejoong confirmed, "It's coming true. Tohoshinki shall make a comeback this upcoming August. Everything has been signed on paper already."

 

Yunho laid there, transfixed, before the corners of his lips curved into a smile and his eyes started to water.

 

"Jae.." he whispered, choking on his tears, "We're.."

 

"FINALLY BACK TOGETHER!" Junsu screamed as he barged into Yunho's bedroom along with Changmin and Yoochun.

 

"Now get your asses out of there, hyung. We have much celebration to do." he commanded as he crossed his arms from the doorway.

 

Yunho laughed. Dragging Jaejoong out of the bed, he crushed all four of them in a hug as they collided into one another, limbs against limbs. Laughter bounced off all four walls of the room as all five members talked throughout the night, bags of chips and empty cans of beers strewn across the floor.

 

"Hey Yunnie," Jaejoong slurred as he picked up a letter from the table, "What's this?"

 

Yunho smiled. They were the only two members awake now. Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu had long passed out on the floor, couch and table respectively.

 

"It's nothing. Just some fanmail." he reassured, aware of Jaejoong's insecurities and fears.

 

Jaejoong frowned. 

 

"It's some lousy fanmail then!" he protested, "All it goes on are about how much she misses HoSu, 2U and HoMin. She practically mentioned every couple you can be paired with besides me. What about YunJae then?"

 

Yunho laughed, "You're drunk boo, didn't you notice the small inscription below?"

 

Jaejoong frowned. His eyes crossed as they struggled to focus on the blur object before him.

 

"... and of course there's YunJae too, Yunho oppa, but I guess no one will miss him more than you do huh? You both after all are each others' halves."

 

"Besides, your love is so perfect and pure it simply can't be put on the same league as other shippings mentioned in the letter." Jaejoong recited as tears began forming in his eyes, "This fan.. She.."

 

"Yes, she is." Yunho murmured as he tugged Jaejoong closer to his chest, "She knew perfectly well I didn't need to be reminded about you. After all, you're always on my mind."

 

Jaejoong blushed, his cheek pink with embarrassment.

 

"I love you." Yunho mumbled as he swooped down on Jaejoong's lips for that one perfect kiss, not knowing that they were being recorded as they spoke.

 

"Do you think we should tell them?" Junsu mouthed as he laid on his back, eyes squinting as he tried his best to pretend to be drunk.

 

Changmin and Yoochun smirked, their white teeth contrasting against the darkness of the night.

 

"Never."

 

They uttered in sync, thoughts traveling down the same path. It was perfect blackmail material.

 

"Hey hyung," Changmin uttered through the phone, "What's up?"

 

Yoochun laughed.

 

"Yo!" he greeted the grumpy maknae before dropping his voice into a low whisper, "Listen Changmin, I just thought of a new plan that might work in pushing those two idiots together."

 

"What plan?"

 

"This.." Yoochun replied as he began laying out the details of his plan to Changmin, explaining every single event from the beginning to the end.

 

Changmin smirked.

 

"I'm in."

 

Yoochun snickered.

 

"And so let the game begins.."

 

The End.

 

Author's Note: I'm afraid that I won't be updating The Phone Call as frequent these days so please be patient okay? :) Thanks for understanding. This fic is inspired from my friend Michelle whom I recently converted to a Cassie. She blasted songs like Purple Line, Shine and Share the world in the study room that we were supposed to be studying and right then and there, it was like something snap in me. I NEED MY DB5K reunion desperately!! Thus this fic is born. Hope you enjoyed it. :) Leave a comment if you do kay? :) Thanks so much for the support as always.