Chapter II

Stay Awake

 

 

          “New day, same faces, same routine, same place….What’s new?....Obviously, the day, idiot.” Preeya was walking on the campus ground as she talked to herself. It has become a hobby of her to chatter nonsense when she's with no one so it won't be surprising if one would mistake her as mentally ill.

          While making her way towards her destination, 'someone' was watching her every move from a distance with a beam. “Weirdo. You never fail to amuse me" he muttered.

          Oblivious to her again, another 'someone' was following her too, unable to hide that stupid smile on his face.

         “Uh,..uhm,.. hi Preeya! Uh Good Morning?” Joon greeted her expectantly.

         “What’s good about morning when I saw your face?” Preeya mumbled. Even though she doesn’t want to be mean or be cruel, the guy just gets into her nerves and the fact that he never stops bugging her even though it’s clear that she doesn’t like him was more than frustrating.

         “huh? What did you said?” Joon asked with a confused face.

         “uhm.. A sentence?” Preeya retorted with pure sarcasm ‘cause she just can’t suppress it.

         “hahah you’re funny,” he stated.

         ”I’m not trying to make you laugh so can I go now?” Preeya was getting irritated already but her face remained stoic.

         “C-can I go with you?”

         ”No.” she answered sternly in gritted teeth.

         While she was holding back the desire to beat the living daylights out of Joon, Sanghyun was observing the scene from a distance and he knew quite well that Preeya was already on the verge of exploding. hahaha serves her right! It seems like smoke will come out of her nostrils anytime, he thought but his fist was clenched,..unknowingly.

          Lee Joon, Preeya’s persistent suitor, was still following her wherever she goes and it really wakes up the beast inside her. Her hands were really itching to punch his face and break his skull. So instead of painting the ground red with Joon’s blood, she thought of a way to escape.

         “Ah, Joon~” she called him sweetly.

         “Yes?” Joon was bewildered with Preeya’s sudden change of attitude but lightened up with a big grin afterwards.

         “Can you buy me a drink? Pleeeease? I'm very exhausted from walking long” she pleaded, hoping Joon will respond with an okay.

         “Oh sure!” he rushed to the canteen, smiling like a fool because finally, Preeya conversed with him in a decent way and even asked for a favor. It was just a simple thing but it made him ecstatic.

         “Yeah, I’m so awesome,” Preeya declared with a smug grin and hurriedly hide behind the row of trees on the side of the campus. She stayed there for minutes and monitored the area like a soldier guarding his territory from an enemy. She then spotted Joon who just came on the place where he left her and laughed at his puzzled face.

         “Will you still be awesome if I tell Joon where you are?” Sanghyun appeared from who knows where with a heavenly smirk as if he'll try do something nerve-wracking. He motioned his right foot forward but got stopped by Preeya’s deadly grip on his left arm. Like what was stated before, it was deadly and firm but he suddenly felt fluttery. He must be going nuts for abruptly feeling agitated by a stinging touch of an amazon.

          “Don’t you dare.” Preeya panicked. But Sanghyun didn’t comply, instead he step forward and Preeya had to hold his right arm because he’s stronger than her much to her dismay. Sanghyun chuckled, obviously enjoying his own antic. Preeya was now grasping both his arms, almost hugging him and Sanghyun felt giddy feeling this close to her. Since he’s enjoying this way too much, he continued to move forward, causing for Preeya to tighten her grip on him. Good thing they’re still behind the trees or Joon would have seen them pulling each other to opposite directions.

          “NO!” she yelled since Sanghyun was still suppressing his pulling force. Her eyes widen when she realized that she hollered it out loud.

          Unfortunately, Joon knew her voice very well and he was quite sure he heard it. He began to look around and find her.

          “Oh no. This is all your fault,” she scowled while Sanghyun could only laugh seeing her in trouble. Wanting to escape, she dashed towards nowhere without a certain destination.

          “Hey wait!” he tried to stop her but failed.

          “That Sanghyun is going to be a dead meat if I saw him” she murmured and continued to scampered until she spotted an old vacant room. Reassured that Joon wouldn’t be able to find her there, she went in and let out a sigh of relief. Skipping classes was not her thing but it wouldn’t hurt to skip class for a day and besides, it’s better to skip class than to slaughter an annoying admirer, right?

          Minutes have passed and she was getting bored so she decided to go out already but she stiffened as she heard a group of boys or more like a gang snickering.

          “Hey, our room’s open” she heard.

          Preeya moved to hide at the back of a huge vintage cabinet as she eavesdropped their conversation. Her heart was thumping hard in her chest because of fright. Who knows what those thugs will do if they saw her so all she could do right now was stay still on her place and pray.

          “Check it out. Someone crossed our zone,” the guy who seemed to be the leader ordered.

          The random guy wandered around the the large room with scattered broken chairs and furnitures. “No one is in here,” he uttered. The footsteps were getting nearer and it’s echoing on Preeya’s ears causing for her to think of something too intolerable for a normal mind to take. He stopped at where the cabinet is and…..

          ”Yah!”

          She shut her eyes, wanting to just disappear.

 

 

A/N: I DONT KNOW. I JUST FELT LIKE UPDATING LOL

WHAT DAFUQ IS HE HOLDING? IS THAT AN UNDERWEAR? *FACECORE*

 

 

.... --- .--/.- .-. ./-.-- --- ..- ..--../

../-- .. ... .../-.-- --- ..- 

.... .- .... .- .... TT~TT