Chapter I

Stay Awake

 

 

          As the darkness engulf with the dull silence, Sanghyun gawked at the stars while they glimmer in the sky. The bay was still and the face of the moon could be seen from the river. Everything was just serene that moment and nothing can be compared to the bliss he was feeling. He yearns for this kind of peace where he can spend time for himself, where he can recollect his thoughts and let his mind wander freely, away from this cruel world.

          “Hey, look! A shooting star!”

          He was halted from his thoughts and immediately shifted his head only to find someone smiling cunningly at him. That minute, he felt like time froze and all he could see was what’s in front of him. His breathing ceased for a moment and,….

          “Aaaaahhh!! Get that thing away from me! ,” he screamed with fright, jolting backwards.

          The composed Sanghyun you have thought earlier was replaced with a horrified mad man. It’s as if he saw the most gruesome thing in the world as his face scrunch in disgust.

          “Hahahahah, you should have seen your face. It was so hilarious! Hahahah”

          His brows knitted in annoyance.

          “Who would have thought that the famous Park Sanghyun is scared of spiders?!,” Preeya stated between her laughs, clutching her stomach in the process. Who wouldn’t laugh if you saw a handsome face creased up? like this:

 

 

            

 

 

          She certainly knew the ways to annoy him and it’s kind of comical for her to know his defects when everyone sees Sanghyun as perfect.

          “W-What the. Shut up, freak dummy!,” Sanghyun responded, obviously irritated and was still in shock.

          “I’m not a dummy, you are!”

          But all her vanity seemed to bow down on earth when,..

          “Hey Preeya! Tsk I’ve been looking for you! Do you know what time is it already?!,” her mom came and pinch her side.

          “Aww, aw, ouch! Mom Stop it! It’s embarrassing”

          Having the chance to regain his ego, Sanghyun began to snicker at Preeya’s humiliation. It was genuinely pure,..a rare melody that people barely hear. His laugh is indeed rare,.. for his laugh sounds so evil, different from the angelic face at first glance.

          “Hahahah look at you,” his machine gun laugh resonated through her ears and to mock the latter more, he drew his tongue out, earning a deadly glare from the girl who seemed like she’s going to kill.

          “Oh, so scary~,” he continued to tease, adding fuel to the fire, but while he was busy laughing his off, he was caught off guard when a flying notebook hit his face.

          “Bull’s eye. That’s what you get when you mess with Preeya~ hahah bye weakling!,” Preeya uttered with a smug grin.

          “Stop acting like a kid,” her mom scolded her and smiled with apologetic eyes at Sanghyun. They tailed off while he was left there, dumbfounded.

          This girl is really,……….wicked. He thought with an amused smile on his face.

          Ever since the world began, they’ve been quarrelling with each other like they’re engaged in some sort of battle and the one who gets to step on the other is AWESOME. Pride was something prominent for the both of them. It’s as if not being able to counter attack is pure disgrace.

          But the arguments they had were somehow amusing to Sanghyun although he had to admit, there were times he gets really pissed. Just by thinking of their quarrels, a smile will be instantly plastered on his face.

          People would think Park Sanghyun has it all, everything a guy could ask for. The face, height, fame, money, girls ogling over you, fans, praises and a whole lot more but the truth is, he wasn’t complete. All this time, he felt dull.

          Sanghyun was born with awesome genes (no buts), not to mention awesome talents. No need to explain why girls admire him that much and even boys. Yes, he’s proud about it,….but being the center of attraction and being popular isn’t always as pleasing as what majority thinks it is. There were times that he began hating the attention he was receiving but then decided to just go with the flow, to think on the positive side.

          It wasn’t easy, for everyone thinks highly of him. People’s expectations were high that sometimes he thought they already forgot he’s a human too. He gets praises and compliments here and there, people saying flowery words which are not so delighting anymore since they were already exaggerated. It’s too much that he’s beginning to feel numb; too much that it makes him feel less human.

          But then there’s Preeya who always butts in, who always notices each of his flaws. The only one who dares to taunt him and make him feel that he’s imperfect just like the others. The feeling was just priceless every time she scolds him or nags like a mother but of course, not after provoking him. This may sound absurd but,..he’d rather be hurt than feel nothing at all. He’d rather hear preeya’s insults and grudges against him than hear the ear-piercing squeals of the girls out there that obviously, like him just because he’s a delicious-looking dinner. lol I mean undeniably attractive xD. Those guys who try to befriend him just to gain popularity aren’t helping either. He felt everyone around him wasn’t real and was reaching to him just for their own good.

          Indeed, only a few can see right through him. He thought, those people who point out his wrongs, those who correct him are actually the ones who cared for him the most. Although he wouldn’t admit it with Preeya, he was more than glad he met her even if she’s being a to him at times.

         Their different worlds may collide, but what striking is the feelings unknown, kept for a long time,..waiting to be discovered,.....

               

 

 

A/N: HAHAHAHAHAH THE RESULT OF BOREDOM \m/
 
YETH I'M THO AWETHOME HAHAHA, I'VE UPDATED THIS BUT HAVEN'T FINISHED MY ASSIGNMENTS LOL
 
DON'T CONFORM OTL
 
THOSE CRIMINALS (BIASES) ARE CHASING ME AGAIN, CAN'T GET OUT OF THEIR GRIPS HAHAHA -_-
 
BTW, WANT SOME STRAWBERRY-FLAVORED SIOPAO ?? LOL I'M BEING RANDOM AGAIN WTF  =_____=