Waiting ...

"HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY"

The earnestness of the deepest phase of the night once again showers my heart with forlornness. Its vast cage of darkness drowses my tired eyes with the pacifying coolness, the caressing wind kisses me sweet goodnight as it lingers my skin. Moreover, those solemn music dwindles my physique taking away the remaining living spirit in me.

            I settled my back against the comfort of my bed … and it didn’t desert to reward a kind of peace I always seek of. These tired eyes granted what my body is asking for … pairing away the tiresomeness of my whole day. Gently, the field of my vision turns gray … turns black. Little by little, I fall into my so-called rest. Until, all of a sudden, a soft skin was pressed against my sleeping right cheek.

            “I miss you!” his lips moved uttering the words of longing as he gently pulled out those red ones from my awakened cheek. Still with those circles on my blurry vision, he pecked again on me … this time it’s on my forehead.

            “My Seonyoung … lets go.” And he whispered his imitation … an imitation to a special place that only the two of us know – a perfect paradise were our hearts can nourish our affection for each other … a hidden part of the world where we can freely express our endearment towards another.

            Hypnotized by his voice and casted by my very own eagerness to be with Kiseop, unhesitatingly I followed him as he held my hand and lead me to where we spend time together.

            In no time, we arrive in that place – a very beautiful location to celebrate our love. The shade of a huge tree conferred its service as we sat under it, with his left arm surrounding my waist tightly, and his right arm sliding on my right arm until it landed on my right tiny hand I allowed myself to fall onto his ample comforting chest.

            “The view is so beautiful.” Wondering my vision to the extent of it, I complimented the place.

            “Yes, you are beautiful.” I turned to him and heeded that he was staring at me as he supported my compliment with one referring to me. Having the glad feeling within my heart, I drew a smile on my face.

            “I LOVE YOU, Lee Kisoep … and forever I promise to continue loving you no matter what.” He tenderly ran his hand on my cheek. His eyes traveled in between mine … “I Love You is not enough to convey my feeling toward you my Seonyoung … the sun will set when its time, the moon will become invisible as well as the stars as another day hides them from our eyes …” He raised his sight squinting on the tree which offered us shade. “…this leaves will fall during autumn …” then little birds flew passing us. “…those birds will soon get tired of fighting the gravity and refrain on flying … the blue sky will eventually turn gray as rain strikes … everything changes …” after which his stare was nailed on me.” …but not all fades … sooner or later, they will still pursue what they ought to do … my Seonyoung … I may be gone someday … my eyes may not be able to see you again, my lips will not be able to call your name again, my hands may not be able to touch you again … but my heart … it will retain its beating of loving you for always … for forever … until it eternity extends to another day.”

            “Kiseop-ah …” I gently felt his cheek as I laid my palm against it.”…my heart … is only yours … and I can’t think of losing you … and I won’t dare too … I will hold on to you … until the leap of our own fades. But please … stay true to your promise … cause the moment you leave me … my heart …” emphasizing my heart, I laid my hand on my chest. “…it will cease to beat. It will die and so with I.” abruptly, his lips to reach mine. Sharing the passionate moment, his lips tenderly moved making me feel the sincerest of him.

            “I won’t let that happen.” He spoke after he slowly pulled his lips out from mine. I heard it while my eyes were still closed treasuring the scene we had just added to those memories of our irreplaceable love. I heard it clearly and it triggered my eyes to set a single tear. Unhastily, I unsealed my sight – the darkness of my previously closed eyes … retained. The tree that conferred its shade … The  little birds are chirping and flying… the blue sky … they all disappeared. Everything … except for this tears that wet my cheek. This single tear which gradually become double … triple … until. I can no longer count how many of this precious tears of mine had already rolled down on my pale cheeks. It became countless as always as I remember him.

            “Kiseop … why do I keep on shedding these tears unknowingly? … why do I keep on loving you? why can’t I move on? Why can’t I just erase you on my mind? Every single thing reminds me of you. The night sky the midnight breeze, couples of dates, certain song and melodies, a guitar or a piano, the color of red … even a simple word … all of them … they never failed to enliven your memories in my heart – this foolish heart which automatically shifted whatever gaiety I am feeling into a gloomy condition and abruptly cried oceans of tears … this heart that had already died the day you walk away from me … and died even more when you utter the words of “I LOVE YOU” to her ears. Kiseop… you had already broke your promise… already left me … the last leap of your vow had already gone through the wind… you’re no longer looking, calling and touching me… but I am such a great martyr still holding on to a piece of your vow – the piece that still kept in my heart … just like the sun, the moon as well as the stars, the leaves and birds and the blue sky … those that refrain from their acts will sooner or later pursue what they ought to do … just like then, I’m wishing that you will also pursue you really ought to do.

            "Even if I can't touch you now... Even if I can't see you now nor hear you now... I will just stay here, here where you left me alone, patiently waiting for that day when I can meet you again. I will be waiting until you come back to me or until no more tears of longing for you can roll down my face, whichever happens sooner.”

             Happy 4th Anniversary Kiseop… I love you…