Zombies, Tears, and Promises

Please Hold Me Close

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Jaejoong sat up immediately, being woken up by a scream—a girl's scream. Quickly processing that he had fallen asleep while doing some compositions, the time had slowly registered into his sleepy head that it was considerably really late.

He was also able to process that the scream that had waked him up came from you.  Upon realizing this, he immediately got off his seat and ran out of his room. He dropped some papers and pens on his way out, but he didn’t care. All that mattered was to get to you, and fast.

What happened? Why did you scream? All these thoughts were pounding in his head as he frantically made his way to the door. Upon reaching it he opened it abruptly, hearing your muffled cries grow louder.

He searched for you, and found you on the bed, knees brought to your chest as you were wiping your tears, your legs covered by the blanket. He sighed out of relief that you weren't physically hurt, and slowly made his way to you. Sitting on the bed, he held your shoulders.

"Sweetheart," He gently said as he used his thumb to gently rub your shoulders. "What happened?"

"J-Jae..." You managed to say in between soft sobs and tried to breathe, overwhelmed by the shock. "It was a n-nightmare..." He looked at you, expecting it to be something serious, when you started shaking your head. “The zombies from that movie were running after me and then I tripped and they were finally going to eat me and it was just so real…”

His eyes widened with surprised when he just softly smiled. “Oh, honey…”

You then smacked his arm, a bit hardly as he winced. “I told you I didn’t want to watch that horror movie~” You cried as more tears threatened to spill. He felt guilty. You both were having a nice day at home when he decided to watch a horror movie. You were against it, but then seeing how excited he was since it just came out recently, you obliged anyway. It was the worst 2 hours and 10 minutes of your day.

"It's ok, it's over now." He said as he your head, gently running his hands down your hair then wiping your tears, while his other hand was holding yours in comfort. “Don’t be scared anymore and go back to sleep, okay?”

"J-Jae... Don't leave me..." You sobbed softly as you closed your eyes and more tears continued to spill. He frowned out of concern and guilt that you had a nightmare because of him. “I don’t want to go back to sleep… what if they come back?”

"Hey, its okay, I've got you." He said as he gently pulled your arms to move you closer to him. You followed his gesture as he motioned for your arms to wrap around his neck while he gently lifted you to make you sit on his lap. He held you securely and your back soothingly while you tightened your grip around his neck. He rocked back and forth to comfort you as he felt your tears drop on his shoulder. There would be times when you had nightmares that he held you like this, and you felt very secure to be in his arms. “I’m not going to let any zombie catch you or eat you alive, okay?” Still, you continued to sob, remembering those nasty visions from your dream.

"Sweetheart, please don’t cry anymore." He said as you clung tighter and he returned the secureness. He began to hum a soft tune as you calmed down and your sobs become sniffles. You pulled away to meet his gaze.

"Jae...?"

"Yes?" He softly replied back as you removed your tight hold around his neck and moved away to face him.

"Sorry for hitting you,” You said, not meeting his gaze as you looked down, a bit embarrassed about what had happened. “And thank you…” He smiled as he cupped your cheeks once more and planted a soft kiss on your forehead.

"Anytime, sweetheart, and I promise we won’t watch another horror movie again unless you want to." He quietly said as he chuckled. He leaned in closer to kiss you on the forehead as you sniffled, and moved to kiss you on the cheek, only to tickle you in the process. He heard your light chuckle and he smiled. It was the beautiful laugh that was music to his ears. He closed his eyes as you watched him with a surprised expression. “Ah, I love that laugh.”

“Stop it, you’re embarrassing me…” You playfully slapped his shoulder as you looked away, embarrassed. He smiled as he stole a peck from your lips. “But... we can still watch horror movies if you want to, Jae.”

“Really?” He asked as he tucked your hair behind your ear.

“On one condition.”

“What is it?”

“You have to hold me close when we sleep so that I won’t get nightmares.”

“Okay.”

“You absolutely cannot leave me and go off working.”

He chuckled as he watched your cheeks turn redder than ever. “Of course, sweetheart.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

“And you have to sleep beside me tonight.”

“Yes, sweetheart.”

“Okay,” she said, giggling as she kissed her loving boyfriend on the cheek. “Thank you, Jae. I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled as he held you close once more. From then any horror movie they’d watch would be fun, and because he held you close every night after watching it, you no longer got nightmares.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone! :) I tried writing a jaejoong x you fic this time hehe :) speaking of horror movies, i recently watched one with my family the other day, it was Chilling Romance (or Spellbound) starring Lee Min Ki (from Shut Up Flower Boy Band) and Seon Ye Jin (from Shark; Personal Taste) :D if you havent watched it yet, please do! it's a romance and thriller movie :D