I Love My Bestfriend

The Story Has Just Begun (Collection of Short Stories)

 

I Love My Best Friend

Kim Junsu and Park Ji Yeon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ji Yeon ah…..” Junsu called her while she’s eating her lunch. Ji Yeon look at him and smiled. Junsu is her best friend, well let’s just say closest guy best friend, she also has girl best friend, her name is Yoo Mi. The three of them are very close to each other. But Junsu, have feelings for Yoo Mi, it’s been 3 years when Ji Yeon discovered it. Now, Junsu ask Ji Yeon’s help but he didn’t know that Ji Yeon loves him…more than a friend.

“Neh?” Ji Yeon asked him. Junsu seems very happy this day.

“Yeonnie…Yoo Mi she agreed to go out with me for a date…” Junsu squealed. Ji Yeon giggled but deep inside she’s hurt.

“What’s the problem?” Junsu asked her feeling that there’s a problem. She shook her head as a sign of saying “nothing…”.

“Ahhh…araso…I’ll go now….wait…is someone dropping you home?” Junsu asked her. She nodded and then Junsu waved at her. She sighed.

“It’s so difficult to fall in love with your bestfriend…” She mumbled to herself. She walked along the busy street and headed home immediately, she lied to Junsu that someone is taking her home. She went to her bedroom not uttering a word to her mother, somehow her mom understand her that she has a problem.

*RING*…*RING*

“Yeoboeseyo??” Ji Yeon picked up her phone.

“Yeonnie….” The girl from the other line called her in her nickname. Well, the onley two people who called her by that name is Junsu and Yoo Mi.

“Yoo Mi….” She replied.

“Yah, what’s the problem? It seems you’re not in the mood to talk…” YooMi noticed it.

“Aniyo, just tired…well, you’re going out with Su right?” She asked her.

“Neh, he’ll fetch me at 6 pm…want to come?” Yoo Mi asked her. Ji Yeon’s heart sank.

“Ohh..aniyo..i don’t want to disturb your sweet moments…” Ji Yeon tried to giggled.

“Araso, I’ll hang up now…bye..see you in school..” Yoo Mi hang up. Ji Yeon slumped back in the bed. She doesn’t know what to do. She loves Junsu more than a friend, but she loves Yoo Mi also, she doesn’t want to ruin their happy moments. She knew that Junsu really like Yoo Mi for almost a long time, and Yoo Mi admired Junsu also, and she thinks also that they’re really good couple, a perfect match in heaven.

“Otohke…?” She mumbled. She looks at the photo frame beside her. It was their photo taken last Christmas. Junsu who stuck his tongue is in the middle of her and YooMi, while he 2 girls are pinching his cheeks. She doesn’t want to lose her best friends. 
Sometimes she think that why Junsu didn’t like her? Honestly, Junsu is closer to Ji Yeon, ever since pre-school, they are best friends. The two of them knew Yoo Mi for almost 2 years ago when they transferred to Yoo Mi’s school. She thinks that it’s unfair but what will she do if it’s her destiny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*FLASHBACK*

“Yeonnie…I want to tell you something…” Junsu dragged her to a corner. She looked at him confusedly.

“What is it?” She asked.

“Ahh well, i..i like Yoo Mi and..and please help me..please…” Junsu begged and kneel down before her.

“Bwoh? YooMi…you like her…?” She asked him again. He just nodded.

“Araso..stand up there…I’ll help you…” Ji Yeon help him to stand up. Junsu jumped with joy and suddenly hug Ji Yeon.

“I love you, you’re really my bestfriend…” Junsu whispered in her ear. She felt pain in her heart when she heard the word best friend. At that time, Junsu didn’t know that Ji Yeon has feelings for him, and also that time it was the signal for Ji Yeon to distance herself from Junsu. She doesn’t want to get hurt everyday. She tried her best to stay away from him but he kept coming.

*end of flashback*

The next day, Ji Yeon woke up late, because she didn’t get enough sleep last night. She quickly took a bath and wear her uniform, she even didn’t have a time to eat her breakfast.

“Umma, I’m going now..” She shouted and went outside. She only walk from her house to her school, since it’s really near. When she got there, the gate is almost closing. Luckily, she still got in. She hurriedly went to her classroom.

“Miss Park, you’re late…” Mr. Lee, their chemistry professor welcomed her. She bowed down.

“Chwesonghamnida…” She bowed again. Mr. Lee point at the hallway, she understands it. Mr. Lee closed the door leaving her on the hallway. Mr. Lee, is really a cruel teacher, if you’re late then you can’t come in his class. She just stay there watching the students passing by. She looked at the floor and sighed.

“Unnie?” A girl called her. She looked up and smiled.

“Soo Ae…” She went to her and hugged her.

“Ohhh..Changmin…” She messed up Changmin’s hair.

“Noona…” Changmin whined and the 2 girls giggled.

“Unnie, what are you doing here?” Soo Ae asked Ji Yeon.

“Well, I’m late..and you knew Mr. Lee right?” She giggled.

“Neh, that old cruel man…” Changmin mumbled, Ji Yeon giggled and Soo Ae smacked his head.

“Yah, it’s strike two…” Changmin was about to smacked Soo Ae’s head also when she suddenly run.

“UNNIE…I’LL SEE YOU…DURING LUNCH TIME…ANNYEONG..” She waved at Ji Yeon while running.

“Aiisshh..i have to go noona, I’ll kill that brat…bye…” Changmin ran away after Soo Ae.

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ji Yeon’s P.O.V*

That two lovebirds, they’re really cute. Ohh…that girl is Junsu’s cousin, and that cute guy is her boyfriend. They’re really a perfect match. Ohh..i wonder where is Junsu now?
He’s in different class, and he’s together with Yoo Mi. I really think that the two of them are really close with each other now.

“Aiyaaah…Junsu…” I suddenly heard YooMi’s voice from the other side of the hallway. I suddenly hid to the vacant classroom. I saw Junsu and Yoo Mi running. It’s more like Junsu is running after Yoo Mi, and they’re very happy. They stop on my classroom, and asked to my professor if they can excuse me for a while to tell a good news.

“I’m here…” I peek from the door and waved my hand. Junsu and Yoo Mi went to me.

“There you are…well, we have something to say…” Junsu said, and he seems very happy. I looked down and suddenly saw their hands entwining with each other. I looked up to them.

“We’re a couple now…” They chorused, and smiled at me.

“Cong..Congratulations..I’m happy for the both of you…” I smiled at them, trying to avoid their stares, and also my tears almost fell down.

“Oh..wait I have to go to the restroom..” I ran quickly to the restroom, and hid to the one of the stall. I suddenly burst out crying. Why? Why? Why should I experience this? I can’t stop crying. The images of Junsu and Yoo Mi holding each others hands, kept on replaying on my mind. I calm myself down and decided to go out for a walk around the campus. I don’t feel to attend my classes for today. I saw Junsu and Yoo Mi sitting on the bench. I was about to walk away when Junsu called me.

“Yeonnie…come here…” He waved at me. I walked to them.

“Here..sit here..” Junsu told me to sit beside him. He wrapped his arms on Yoo Mi’s shoulder. Gosh, why did they have to become sweet in front of me?

“Want to come after school with us, we’ll go to the restaurant…” Junsu asked her.

“We want to come also...” Changmin, Soo Ae, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Yunho butted in. Junsu rolled his eyes.

“What’s the celebration here?” Yunho asked.

“Well, me and Yoo Mi are a couple now…” Junsu said proudly. All of them clapped. Soo Ae smiled but she looked at me, she’s only the one who knew about my feeling towards Junsu. She went up to me and smiled. I smiled back also.

“Junsu ssi, mianhae, but I have something to do tonight…” I replied.

“I have to go now guys…” I bowed before them and walked away.

*end of P.O.V*~

I Love My Best Friend (Part 2)

*Junsu’s P.O.V*

“What’s wrong with her?” Yoochun asked me. I shrugged my shoulder, even me, I noticed it too. She has a problem. She act strange this past few days. I wonder what is it? I noticed too that she distance herself from me. Whenever she has problems, she’ll come to me and ask for advices.

“So, all of you are coming?” Yoo Mi asked, and all of them nodded.

“Ahh unnie, oppa, I have to go now also…I have something to do…” Soo Ae said.

“Me too, I guess I’ll get bored there…” Changmin added. All of them giggled.

“Changmin ah, just say that you don’t want to come because Soo Ae is not there…” Jaejoong . Changmin blushed and all of them giggled.

“So we’re going now..see you tomorrow…bye…” Soo Ae and Changmin walked off.

“Ohh Junsu, we’re not going with the two of you, we’re just kidding…we also have something to do…” Yunho said. The two nodded.

“We’re going now, bye…” Jaejoong, Yunho and Yoochun bid goodbye and walked off.

“I guess all of your buddies are so busy these days huh?” Yoo Mi cut me off. I was thinking about Ji Yeon, what happened to her?

“Yoo Mi ah, do you noticed Ji Yeon this past few days?” I asked her. She looked at me.

“Neh, something’s wrong with her…She’s not that energetic anymore…” She also noticed it too.

“Do you think something’s bothering her?” I asked. She looked down, and shook his head. I sighed. Ji Yeon is very a stubborn girl. I know she’ll not tell us what’s bothering her.

“So what are we going to do after school?” She asked and hold my hand. I smiled.

“Of course we’ll celebrate…” I replied and kissed her on the cheeks. We walked off and went back to our own class. This time Ji Yeon is supposed to be in my class. I scanned the room but she’s not there. I wonder where she is now.

*RING* *RING*...I decided to call her but she’s not answering.

*Annyeong, this is Ji Yeon, just leave a message for me...Gomawo..*

*BEEP*

“Ji Yeon ah, what’s wrong? Do you have a problem? Tell us please…I’m worried about you…” I ended the call. Well, I just leave a message for her since she’s not answering it. Is she okay?

*end of P.O.V*

Ji Yeon stared at her phone. She knew it was Junsu, she listen to his voice message.

“Ji Yeon ah, what’s wrong? Do you have a problem? Tell us please…I’m worried about you…” She pressed the end button and flip her phone and slumped back again to bed. She went home early, meaning she skip classes. She doesn’t feel well after hearing the good news for Junsu and Yoo Mi, while it’s a bad news for her. Somehow she finally decided to let go of Junsu, she saw how happy he was with Yoo Mi.

*KNOCK*…*KNOCK*

“Who’s that?” She asked.

“Unnie…” She heard Soo Ae’s voice. She knew that she was here to comfort her. She’s really a sweet girl.

“Come in…” She said and Soo Ae went inside. She closed the door behind and sat beside her.

“Unnie, I know…you’re heartbroken…” She hugged her tight. “It’s ok just let it out…” She continued. Ji Yeon suddenly burst out crying, Soo Ae hugged her and brushed her fingers to her hair.

“Why? Why? Babo..I’m very stupid…for..falling in love with the wrong person…” She cried.

“Ssshh…unnie, don’t say that, it’s not your fault. We just listen to our hearts right?” She said.

“But it really hurts…really..i want to die now…” She broke the hug and looked down.

“Unnie, don’t say that please…there are more guys that will love you back…” She comforted her, while she lay on the bed again.

“Aniyo…I love him…Junsu is different from the other guy…I really love him…” She finally quiet down, and Soo Ae realized that she fall asleep.

“Junsu oppa, if you only knew….” Soo Ae sighed, she put a blanket on Ji Yeon and quietly went out from her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Few weeks later, Ji Yeon barely spend time with Junsu and Yoo Mi, she focused on her studies more. Junsu and Yoo Mi realized it too, and they decided to talk to her.
While they’re on the library…

“Ji Yeon, what’s the problem? Tell us now…” Junsu asked her. She shook her head.

“I don’t have a problem. It’s just that there are so many activities these past few weeks…” She looked down to avoid Junsu’s stare.

“Junsu, I have to go now…Yoo Mi said that she’ll come here later…bye…” She picked her things and went straight to the exit leaving a startled Junsu.

While Ji Yeon is walking along the hallway, she heard some giggles. She suddenly heard Yoo Mi’s voice. She walked to the classroom where the voices comes from and she decided to eavesdrop.

“Babe, how’s our plan?” She heard a guy asked.

“Well, it’s working, that Junsu is really falling for me…in matter of fact we’ll meet his parents next week…” She heard Yoo Mi’s voice. Wait, she’s confused, why did the guy call her babe?

“Ohh…so you know what to do right…make sure that Junsu will really fall for you and then you break his heart…araso?” The guy ordered her.

“Neh, I know what to do…it seems no one will stop us, because my little stupid friend, Ji Yeon seems avoiding him. I bet she has feelings for him.” Yoo Mi said. Ji Yeon was shocked. All this time Yoo Mi is just pretending to be friendly, all this time that Junsu and her trusted and treat her as their bestfriend. She can’t believe it. She peek and suddenly saw Yoo Mi kissing the guy passionately. She covered and ran away from them. Junsu must know about this. But wait, she must talk to Yoo Mi first.

After their classes, Ji Yeon called Yoo Mi for a talk. They went to a vacant classroom.

“Yoo Mi ah, what’s wrong? What did Junsu do to you?” Ji Yeon asked.

“Well, I guess you know it now..huh?” She smirked.

“Yoo Mi, all this time we treated you as our best friend…” She said calmly.

“It’s not my fault to be an idiots like the two of you…I’m going now…well, if you’re planning to tell it to him..i’m sure he’ll not listen to you…so don’t waste your time…” She walked off with an evil smile. Ji Yeon sat down to calm herself.

She try to find Junsu but she can’t see him. Where is he? Maybe he’s with Yoo Mi. She went to the gym and there he is. She walked to him.

“Junsu, I have something to tell…” She said and holds Junsu’s hand. Junsu brushed her hand away.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?” He yelled at her. She backed off a bit.

“What’s wrong?” She asked nervously.

“Why did you hurt Yoo Mi, why?” He asked coldly.

“Bwoh? Hurt?” She asked, she don’t understand it, she didn’t hurt her.

“Huh…and now you’re acting like innocent…She went to me crying and I saw a mark on her face. I asked her but she doesn’t want to say it, but then she told me that it was you…why?” He asked again. She backed off. She don’t know what to say.

“Junsu, look I didn’t hurt her, and why would i? well I supposed to hurt her for what she did. Junsu she wants to hurt you, I saw her talking with a guy a while ago…look, you have to believe me, she’s pretending to be our friend, also I saw her kissing a guy…” She explained to him. Junsu shook his head.

“And now, you’re making a story…Ji Yeon I can’t believe this…what’s your reason behind all of this…” Junsu asked her coldly.

“It’s because she likes you…” Yoo Mi entered the room and walked to Junsu.

“Junsu, she told me to stay away from you, she said that I have to break with you…” Yoo Mi told him. Junsu was shocked and look at Ji Yeon who was also shocked.

“I didn’t say that, take back what you said…” Ji Yeon is now crying.

“PARK JI YEON, FROM NOW ON, I’M CUTTING OFF MY CONNECTIONS WITH YOU, YOU’RE NO LONGER MY FRIEND…WHY?YOU RUINED MY TRUST…I DON’T WANT TO BE WITH YOU ANYMORE…” Junsu yelled at her. Ji Yeon shook her head.

“Junsu, I wish you’ll not regret this, if that’s what you want, I know this will happen, you choose her…I don’t have rights to ruin your lovelife. If you want me to stay away from you…I will…maybe this is the last time for me to see you…I don’t regret having a friend like you…or should is say childhood bestfriend. There’s one thing I want you to know before I completely disappear in your life. Junsu ssi, Saranghae…I love you..more than a friend…” With those words she stormed off and just ran away from her beloved one, who hurt her very much. She knew it, that it will happened.

Since that day, Ji Yeon really didn’t show up in school. Jaejoong, Yoochun, Changmin and Yunho tried to contact her but she’s not answering it. Soo Ae is very worried about her.

“Oppa, are you really cold hearted now towards Ji Yeon unnie, she’s still your friend…” Soo Ae talked to her cousin.

“Well, she hurt Yoo Mi, and she try to ruin our relationship…” Junsu said.

“So, you really believe Yoo Mi unnie, than to your long time best friend, what if it’s true?” Soo Ae asked.

“No, Yoo Mi can’t do it…” Junsu said and stand up. He suddenly saw their picture hanging on the wall of his bedroom. It’s his and Ji Yeon’s collection of pictures.

“You missed her right?” Soo Ae asked him. She knew her cousin a lot.

” You know oppa, there are things in this world that are so important and valuable to us, yet we’ll not realize it until it’s gone…” Soo Ae said. Junsu looked at her.

“What do you mean?” Junsu asked.

“Well just find it out...i have to go now…Changmin oppa, is waiting for me...bye..” Soo Ae waved and walked outside. Junsu remained in silent in thinking what did Soo Ae said to him. He took a glance again on the collection of their pictures, he smiled when he remembered their happy times but it quickly vanished and a sad face was written all over him.

It’s been 3 months since Ji Yeon didn’t attend school. Some students said that she already went back to her hometown, some said she’s out of the country. Even her friends can’t contact her. Soo Ae tried to contact her but she can’t reach her. Junsu remained cold and quiet, he seems he didn’t care about Ji Yeon.

Then Junsu’s birthday came but still Ji Yeon didn’t show up. Junsu felt really sad even if Yoo Mi is there. This is the first time he’ll celebrate his birthday without Ji Yeon. His best buddies and his cousin together with Yoo Mi, throw up a party for him in the university. While they are having party in the social hall, Junsu noticed that Yoo Mi is not there. He went outside and look for her. He was shocked on what he saw.

Yoo Mi is making out with a guy. It seems Ji Yeon was right. Junsu went up to her and pulled her arms.

“Yah oppa….” Yoo Mi whined and struggled from his grip.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK ARE YOU DOING LEE YOO MI?” Junsu shouted with anger.

“I guess you saw it right, well I guess I didn’t have to pretend anymore…I don’t love you. I only use you for fame, and personal reason. And Ji Yeon, that stupid girl, I used her so that I can be close with you…” She smirked. Junsu suddenly slapped her face. She gasped and suddenly ran away with her guy. The others came and so Junsu punching the wall. Yunho pulled Junsu and stopped him.

“JUNSU, WHAT’S WRONG?” Jaejoong asked, still Junsu is trying to hurt himself.

“I’m an idiot, I lost my friend, my best friend, I didn’t believe in her, what I have done?” He knelt down and cried. Soo Ae went to her and hugged him.

“Junsu oppa, don’t worry you’ll see her again…” She comforted his cousin. Junsu nodded and looked down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been 1 year since Junsu saw Ji Yeon, and it’s the day when he choose Yoo Mi over her. He soon realized that his feelings for Yoo Mi, was only admiration, and his true love is Ji Yeon. He really changed when Ji Yeon disappeared. He became cold to all of the girls. Even Changmin, Soo Ae, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Yunho noticed it also.

“Junsu, move on now…Ji Yeon is gone…I think she is really hurt…” Jaejoong said to him.

“I know..it’s my fault…my damn fault…for being a stupid guy…” Junsu muttered.

“Junsu…” He suddenly looked up and was shocked when he heard that voice. The voice that he was longing for…and it belongs to Ji Yeon.

“Ji…Ji..Yeon?” He slowly looked behind him and saw Ji Yeon standing with Soo Ae.

“Junsu…I miss you…” She ran to him and hugged him tight.

“Yeonnie..mianhaeyo…cheongmal mianhaeyo…I know this sorry is not enough, I can wait is you can’t still forgive me, I was wrong. I’m so stupid…Why I didn’t believe to my best friend.” He still hugged her tight, longing for her arms. Ji Yeon nodded.

“Junsu, I already forgave you although it’s very hard…” She broke their hug, and look at his eyes.

“I..I went here to say goodbye to you…I don’t want to leave this country but I need to…and..and I guess…you…” She was cut off by Junsu’s sweet lips, she closed her eyes, and feel it. It’s the thing she’s longing for. When Junsu broke the hug…

”Yeonnie, don’t leave me again…I can’t….I can’t live without you..please..stay for me…please…” He begged and hugged her. Ji Yeon was still shocked, why did Junsu do that?

“Ji Yeon, Saranghae…” He whispered. Ji Yeon’s eyes widen. She can’t believe on what she heard.

“Junsu…”

“Ji Yeon, I’m serious..i just realized that you’re my happiness, you’re my life….I’m not happy with Yoo Mi…it’s you who gave and make me smile…Saranghae…don’t leave me…just stay here beside me…” He caressed her soft and silky hair.

“Neh, I’ll not…I’ll stay beside you…Saranghae…” She whispered back. Junsu smiled while hugging her. Finally, her best friend is now back in his arms, and not only that, the best friends changed into best lovers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~~