JunQ (1) Boyish

MYNAME Scenarios/Oneshots

"Hi shorty" Joonkyu exclaims when plopping down next to you. Before he gets himself comfortable he ruffles your hair, a grin on his face while doing so. “So, what’s up?" he asks, opening his back to search for his lunch. He pulls out a lot of stuff, except his lunch-box. Normally you’d have some clever answer ready at his clumsiness, but not today you haven’t. “Gotcha!" the noisy boy exclaims once more before he notices your gloomy expression. “Hey, what’s wrong?" worried that your normally bright smile is missing and the fact you haven't said a word yet worries him even more. He nudges your arm when you don’t reply, but it’s to no avail either. He sighs and takes a bit from his lunch.

Ten minutes have passed and you haven't said a word yet. Joonkyu tries to lighten up the atmosphere by telling you what happened during History.

When he in the distance sees a familiar figure approaching your table he sighs in relief. “Seyong!"

"Hey have you heard?!" Seyong loudly says while taking a seat opposite from you. Ignoring your ‘staring into the distance’ gaze he turns to Joonkyu who’s full of anticipation now.

"Heard what?!"

"There were these two kids who were fighting in class and.."

"Ya, I already know that! They’re in my class" Joonkyu interrupt him a little bold, disappointed that there isn't much news going on in school.

"So you also know they’re expelled from school for two weeks and have to help the towel kid with the laundry of both (!) football-team and cheer-leading team?"

"Ew, gross!" Joonkyu says while pulling a disgusted face.

"I know right! What’s with her though?" he asks, turning his attention to you now.

Joonkyu shrugs. “No idea. I found her like this."

"Hey pouty face, what’s wrong?" Seyong asks as he pokes your nose. Not getting a slightest reaction - not even a blink of the eyes - he tilts his head, worry taking over. Not ever has he seen you like this before. “____-ah, you’re scaring me."

"And me!" Joonkyu adds.

Instinctively you grab your bag and head out the canteen at the same moment the bell rings, heading for your locker to get your stuff for the next period.

Your sudden movement had both boys flustered and for a moment they can’t process what just happened. Seyong shrugs though. “At least she shows sign of life."

~ x ~

The next day you catch them off guard again, this time when you approach their table during lunchtime while they're already munching down their food. Seyong dropped his sandwich while Joonkyu by accident spit out his drink, too much in shock of what's in front of them.


Instead of your usual baggy jeans and some lose shirt you're wearing a skinny jeans today, with on top a beautiful tunic and some heels to go with it. It looks absolutely stunning – but it's nothing like you.

With their jaws drop you reach their table, sit down with a deep sigh and wave in front of the boys their faces. “You look.. different” Seyong manages to say through his surprise.

“You like it?” you casually ask while getting your lunch out of your bag.

“Mhm” is all he says while Joonkyu just sits still and stares at you. To be honest, in your few years of friendship he has never seen you like this and he finds it rather strange seeing you in these clothes. He always liked you being a bit more.. boyish?

The rest of the time you spent munching down your lunch while Seyong exchanges a few glances with Joonkyu, confusing filled his eyes as he's trying to understand what's going on. Joonkyu shrugs letting the older one know he doesn't know what's going on either and they leave it for now seeing the bell rings, letting the students know to pack their bags and head back to class.

~ x ~

All classes had ended and Joonkyu makes his way to the cycle shed. Because the teacher wanted to talk to him he's one of the last persons to leave the school and thus the shed is pretty empty. It surprises him to see your bike still standing there.

Deciding to wait he places his headphone on his head and starts playing the next song on his Ipod. After a good ten minutes he starts to wonder if something might happened and he remembers you having gym class the last period. Making his way back into the school he walks straight ahead to the locker rooms, knocking the girls door.

“____-ah, are you still there?”

When there's no reply he frowns and rubs the back of his head. He swears he just heard a sound coming from inside. “I'm coming in!” he says a little louder, hoping no one would be in there changing or something.

Carefully open the door he hears the same sound he heard before but only recognizes it as sobbing now. “____-ah, where are you?” he softly breaks the silence, following the sound in the hope to find you.

When turning a corner he sees you sitting on the floor, your back leaning against the lockers and your face buried in your arms which are wrapped around your knees. He hurries over and kneels down next to you and places a hand on your back, rubbing it softly in a comforting manner. “What happened? What's wrong?”

He shifts his body a little awkward, taking a sit next to you and hesitatingly putting his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him. Even though he doesn't really know what to do or say to make things better, he figures it's always nice to have a shoulder to cry on. And that's what you do: you bring your head up, sniffing once more before resting your head on his shoulder.

You mumble something incoherent and Joonkyu's ears perk up when he catches the words “boyish” and “ugly.”

“Calm down ____-ah” he chuckles lightly, not wanting to offend you for crying your heart out on his shoulder right now. “What happened?”

You sit up now, wiping away the tears with your sleeve as you start to explain what this is all about.

“So that's why you came dressed up to school?”

“Mhm” you nod your head, turning away from Joonkyu to hide your embarrassment.

The reason you dressed up today is that lately a lot of people started to comment on your boyish way of dressing and the fact your hair isn't as long as the other girls. You never really cared for fashion and you felt comfortable dressing the way you did. But some of the comments were pretty harsh and that's when you decided to change some things.
Too bad some people took their opportunity and used it against you, telling you you're not pretty enough for dressing up and god knows what else.

If they'd only realize words can hurt – badly.

“I like your so called boyish style” Joonkyu smiles to himself, remembering how much in shock he was when he saw you dressed up like that earlier today. “It's just you.”

Quickly wiping another tear you turn your head, looking at Joonkyu's blushing face right now. “Ya, stop fooling around” you chuckle through a sob, nudging his arm as you do so. “I'm just a tomboy to you” you add, disappointment sounding through your voice.

Joonkyu gets up and holds out his hand for you to take. “Come.”

Confused you look up but take his hand nonetheless. While pulling you up he immediately pulls you in for a hug, holding you tightly. “You're not just a tomboy to me. I like you for you, yes. But I've never seen you as a tomboy. You're my best friend” he smiles as he nuzzles his nose into your hair.

Both of you try to recall a moment where you ever shared a hug only to come to conclusion that you never had.

“Ya, greaseball!” you chuckle while hitting his chest, “but thank you Joonkyu~ you're the best” you smile, wiping your tears away for one more time.

“I know!” he smiles broadly, earning another smack which makes him chuckle. He's glad to see your smile again.

Suddenly you start ushering him out of the girl's dressing room, telling him that he needs to wait outside for a minute. Shutting the door in front of him you leave him flustered, wondering what that was all about.

A few minutes later you step outside wearing your beloved baggy jeans, shirt and sneakers. Joonkyu smiles as he sees your smile, glad you're back to your old self. “Let's go~” you say before dragging him outside ready to go home; because honestly, no matter how boyish you might are to other people or how much they think of you as a tomboy, no comment will ever be harsh enough for you to skip your regular
date with Joonkyu after school to beat him at a video-game.

Joonkyu, being dragged through school to your bikes stumbles along, chuckling to himself at your sudden enthusiasm. “It's my choice today!” he calls, making you turn around to face him.

“Whatever, I'm going to beat you nonetheless” you laugh, making your best friend smile as well.


Ohmygod it took me forever to update here, but I did it T^T
Let me know what you think? Thank you for reading <3!