Twoshot: Part 2

Kiss of life

Soaking the towel in hot water again, Kibum rubbed the cloth on Jonghyun's upper body. As tears started to flow, he recalled how his parents came to know about their relationship. See, thing is, his parents always expected him to have a girlfriend...

-

"Kibum dear, i want you to meet someone." Kibum's mother introduced a girl called Im Yoona to him. Apparently she's the daughter of one of his mother's closest friends and her family's rich. Leaving Yoona alone, Kibum dragged his mother to the kitchen.

"Umma! Why did you do that?!"

"Is it a sin for a mother to want her son to have a stable girlfriend? You've been single for too long, dear."

"Okay, firstly, stop calling me dear. Secondly, i don't want any random girl i've never met before to become my girlfriend just like that, even if she's rich. And thirdly,-"

"But she's pretty ri-"

"Wait, Umma! Let me finish my sentence before you say anything. As i was saying, thirdly, i can't because im already dating someone."

"Oh really. Name? Age? What does she do? For how long? Do i know her?"

"Uh, that's the issue. It's not a her umma, it's a he. And you saw him before, it's Jonghyun."

"Kim Jonghyun? Your best friend since forever? Please stop joking with me and be serious for once, Kibum!"

"I'm being completely serious! We've been going out since two months ago and i know that its a short period but i can, cross my heart and hope to die, honestly say that i love him."

"You're dating a guy. Thats.. just gross."

Kibum was shocked at his mother's reaction. Sure he knew it wouldn't be pleasant but he didn't expect his own mother to be disgusted at him, her own flesh and blood!

"Umma, are you-"

"You, Kim Kibum, how can you disappoint me like this?! You disgust me. Get out of my sight."

With just that few sentences, she stalked off into her own room, leaving him in the kitchen and Yoona standing awkwardly in the living room. After apologizing to Yoona and sending her home, he rushed to Jonghyun's house and broke down. Jonghyun did nothing but simply holding his lover in his arms, letting him cry and rant. "It's okay, i'll never leave you no matter what."

-

Buttoning back his shirt, Kibum finished cleaning Jonghyun's body. 'You said you'll never leave me and i can't help but feel like you did." He cried as he put the towel back into the bowl and sat back down on the bed, beside him. Kibum held Jonghyun's hands and put them up to his lips. He whipered into them, "Jjong, please wake up and tell me you love me. I need to hear your voice telling me everything's gonna be alright."

-

"I love you Kibum. I didn't even know such strong love for a person could ever exist."

Kibum chuckled at the cheesiness of Jonghyun's words. He laced his fingers in between the shorter male's fingers, where they fit perfectly. "Why did you have to say it so publicly?" He blushed as a group of teenage girls turned to giggle at them. He was walking around town, proudly holding his boyfriend's hand. He didn't care what society thought about his relationship with Jonghyun.

"Eww, a couple of gays. How sickening."

Kibum gasped at that comment. He had no clue who said it but he guessed it was probably from a typical street gangster. Jonghyun squeezed his hand lightly to tell him to relax and walk on.

"Yeah, especially the one in pink jeans. How much sissier can he get."

At that rude remark, Jonghyun gave one of the thugs a sharp glare.

"Oh, so the lady wants a fight eh? I'm not sure im up for it though." He mocked Jonghyun.

People are starting to stare at the scene but Jonghyun didn't care. All he knew is that those two punks are making fun of Kibum and he hates that. Kibum pulled Jonghyun back to restrain him but his strength was no match to Jonghyun's. When things got too out of control, Kibum rang the police. However, he did not even have the chance to open his mouth to speak before he saw one of the men charging towards him, holding out a dagger. Jonghyun caught the reflection of the small knife and ran forward to prevent the object from reaching Kibum. He got himself stabbed instead. Blood started gushing out profusely and seeing this, the two thugs ran away. Though Kibum himself was very much freaking out, he managed to pick Jonghyun up and sprint to the nearby hospital, which thankfully wasn't too far away. Throughout the journey, Jonghyun was gasping for air and Kibum was trying his best to keep him awake. "Don't close your eyes Jjong, don't sleep. Look at me, stay awake for me."

The moment he reached the hospital, he shouted for the doctors. After pacing outside the operating theatre for nearly 3 hours, the doctor finally came out. With bad news. "I'm sorry but we've tried our best. We lost him to a long term coma, expecting to last for at least 7 months."

-

"Jjong, i love you."

Kibum kissed the hands of his lover and placed them back down. He then gave Jonghyun the gentlest kiss on the lips before laying down, hugging him to sleep. He had no idea how long he slept for but when he woke up, it was already dark outside. He was about to get up and get ready to head home when he felt a weight on him. He looked down and saw an arm there, draped around his waist.

"Don't leave me."

Kibum heard the voice that he missed so much. The voice that he loved so much. Jjong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: i wrote a sequel. if you're interested, it's here : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/47623 please do read and comment~ tell me how it is (: