Twoshot: Part 1

Kiss of life

"Aish, i forgot my phone again." Kibum sighed as he pressed the lift button and waited impatiently for the lift to reach the ground floor. he was going to delay his time in reaching the hospital and he did not like it when he has lesser time to spend with his loved one.

~

He reached the front door of his house and was about to unlock it when someone opened the door. Both stared in shock at each other. "Wha- How did you get in here and for what?!" Kibum screamed at the man before him. Jinki held up the spare keys and jingled them in front of his face. "Wanted to drop in and see how you're doing. About the getting in, keys under the pot of plant. Really?" Kibum just rolled his eyes and pushed past Jinki to grab his phone. After locking the door and throwing the spare keys back under the pot of plant, he and Jinki went down to the ground floor.

~

"So, you going to the hospital now?"

"Of course. Where do you think i'd be heading to at 7 in the morning."

"Oh.. Well, do you mind if i tag along to see how he's doing? After all, its been long since i saw him."

"Uh, sorry but i'd rather you not."

" Nah, its okay. i get it. You want privacy."

"........................."

"........................."

Things got awkward between the both of them and Jinki, being the older one, decided to break to coldness between them. He stopped walking and turned Kibum so that they're facing each other.

"Look, i dont know how things got to be  like that but you've got to know, im not the type who takes advantage of people. Especially not you, Kibum. I just want you to be happy with who you are with and what you're doing now. If you ever feel like its too much, come to me, okay? I, uh, just wanted to let you know."

Kibum looked into his eyes and saw genuine care. He gave Jinki a tight hug before letting them part. "Thanks so much for letting me go."

~

Going to the hospital to visit Jonghyun was a daily routine for Kibum. No matter how busy he was, he would always make time for Jonghyun. It's been five months since the accident, which caused Jonghyun to land in a coma.

Kibum sighed and rubbed his shoulders. He's really tired of this. Why can't Jonghyun just wake up now?

He entered Jonghyun's ward and smiled at the nurse who, he presumed, had just finished checking up on the patient.

"How is he doing?"

"He's doing good. Heartbeat's been normal these few weeks and the doctors predict that he'll wake up than expected. Keep on doing what you're doing. It helps."

Kibum's hopes was raised by a notch. He thanked the nurse before stepping forward to see Jonghyun. He dumped his bag on the chair and sat down beside him. He pushed the lying man's fringe up and bent down to kiss his forehead. "Please wake up. I need you here with me."

Jonghyun obviously, did not stir one bit. Kibum sighed again and got off the bed to prepare a bowl of hot water and a small towel to do the daily washing up for the patient. He soaked the towel in hot water and squeezed it dry before placing it on Jonghyun's forehead. Then just like any other day, Kibum started talking to him.

"You know Jjong, i can still remember the day you won my heart. You won Jinki, remember?" He paused and looked at Jonghyun. With tears in his eyes, but a smiling face, he continued.

-

"Would you guys stop it?!"

Jinki and Jonghyun immediately stopped grabbing at each other's throats and turned their heads to look at Kibum.

"When are you all gonna learn?! I don't wanna choose between the two of you! My two best friends."

Kibum squatted down and scrunched his hair between his fingers, all the while mumbling "No, no, why did it all come down to this. No, i can't bear to hurt one of them."

Jonghyun, seeing how stressful this all is for Kibum, decided to back out.

"Okay, fine. I give up. Jinki can have you."

With a dejected heart, he left the two of them, unable to take it what just happened. Jinki seized this chance to holler his thanks to Jonghyun and rushed over to hug Kibum. Kibum's face showed no enthusiasm that he was Jinki's. That was when he realized, though he appeared to not have chosen anyone, his heart already belonged to someone. He chose Jonghyun.

-

"...... i realized i was missing you more and more. That's why i couldn't hold it in anymore and confessed to the both of you. I'm glad that Jinki's mature enough to know there's no point in holding on to me longer and decided to let me go..."

Kibum trailed off, all the while making sure the towel was warm before placing it on Jonghyun's forehead. He went to the bathroom to get fresh water and went back to start working on the rest of his body. He unbottoned Jonghyun's shirt so much so that his bare chest was revealing.